Chapman 2013

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
R4NDM H3RO
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Chapman 2013

Postby R4NDM H3RO » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:44 pm

Waitlisted here as well. God damn that took long!

Foosters Galore
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: Chapman 2013

Postby Foosters Galore » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:39 pm

Admitted today via status checker. After beginning the application process in late December I have finally been admitted somewhere. How would I find out if they have given me any scholarship money?

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Chapman 2013

Postby SwollenMonkey » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:41 pm

Anyone know the amounts of the seat deposits?

justright157
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: Chapman 2013

Postby justright157 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:10 pm

scholarship would come in the mailed package if they were gonna give it to you. so you gonna go? congrats by the way

Foosters Galore wrote:Admitted today via status checker. After beginning the application process in late December I have finally been admitted somewhere. How would I find out if they have given me any scholarship money?

Foosters Galore
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: Chapman 2013

Postby Foosters Galore » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:42 pm

justright157 wrote:scholarship would come in the mailed package if they were gonna give it to you. so you gonna go? congrats by the way

Foosters Galore wrote:Admitted today via status checker. After beginning the application process in late December I have finally been admitted somewhere. How would I find out if they have given me any scholarship money?


Thanks. Not yet sure about attending. It depends on the scholarship money or lack thereof.

km23
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:35 am

Re: Chapman 2013

Postby km23 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:59 pm

.
Last edited by km23 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Foosters Galore
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:15 pm

Re: Chapman 2013

Postby Foosters Galore » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:56 pm

km23 wrote:
Foosters Galore wrote:Admitted today via status checker. After beginning the application process in late December I have finally been admitted somewhere. How would I find out if they have given me any scholarship money?



Congrats! That's awesome. Were you waitlisted before?


Nope. Just regular decision. Applied late and went UR on 4/21

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Chapman 2013

Postby kk19131 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:05 pm

I'm realizing there are TONS of schools I've never heard of...

LawMuns
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Chapman 2013

Postby LawMuns » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:12 pm

I got waitlisted. I can't believe they are waitlisting people this late in the cycle. Anyway, I withdrew. Good luck to all you guys. If this is where you want to be, I hope you get in.

User avatar
linkbruin
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 2:04 am

Re: Chapman 2013

Postby linkbruin » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:42 pm

Anyone else still in review?

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: Chapman 2013

Postby Mr. Matlock » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:31 pm

On-line chat for WL'd student email received. At least we'll get an idea of the size of the list any possible estimates to the # to be pulled. I'm thinking, from the looks of this thread, the WL is HUUUUUUUUGE!!

justright157
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: Chapman 2013

Postby justright157 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:22 pm

This thread has the same people in it like you and me commenting alot, so i wouldn't base it on this thread.

But from the last online chat, there was about 60 names in there. Probably more on the waitlist that never showed up. Maybe if you add into the fact that some dropped by now and that some more have been waitlisted i think that 75 is probably the number...hopefully much less though. what do you think?


Mr. Matlock wrote:On-line chat for WL'd student email received. At least we'll get an idea of the size of the list any possible estimates to the # to be pulled. I'm thinking, from the looks of this thread, the WL is HUUUUUUUUGE!!

User avatar
Mr. Matlock
Posts: 1360
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:36 pm

Re: Chapman 2013

Postby Mr. Matlock » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:40 pm

justright157 wrote:This thread has the same people in it like you and me commenting alot, so i wouldn't base it on this thread.

But from the last online chat, there was about 60 names in there. Probably more on the waitlist that never showed up. Maybe if you add into the fact that some dropped by now and that some more have been waitlisted i think that 75 is probably the number...hopefully much less though. what do you think?

I had no idea they had already had other WL online chats. Where did you see this info? Link?

My guess would be well over 150.

justright157
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: Chapman 2013

Postby justright157 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:38 pm

i was at the last online chat back in May. This will be my 2nd waitlisted chat. I think 150 is too high. Im hoping less than a hundred.


Mr. Matlock wrote:
justright157 wrote:This thread has the same people in it like you and me commenting alot, so i wouldn't base it on this thread.

But from the last online chat, there was about 60 names in there. Probably more on the waitlist that never showed up. Maybe if you add into the fact that some dropped by now and that some more have been waitlisted i think that 75 is probably the number...hopefully much less though. what do you think?

I had no idea they had already had other WL online chats. Where did you see this info? Link?

My guess would be well over 150.

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Chapman 2013

Postby SwollenMonkey » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:17 pm

I wasn't in the previous chat. Will not be in this one either.

Salzburg2013
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: Chapman 2013

Postby Salzburg2013 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:53 pm

I was able to attend the WL chat session and there were a few key pieces of information that were shared:
1) The incoming class seats are FULL. As a matter of fact it was stated that they are over committed
They stated multiple times that they could not say how large the incoming class would be,could be, or should be, at this time. Also they would not comment on how long the WL list is, only that they do not rank and that there is no limit to the list length.
2) They will be releasing(denying) WL'rs within the next 2-3 weeks (Per the Dean).
3) They can pull from the WL all the way through the first week of classes assuming you were not already CUT from the WL.
4) If you get accepted in the next 2-3 weeks you will have 2 weeks to make a decision. If however you get accepted during orientation ( Aug 18th-20th) you have to make a decision on the phone, right then and there!
5) The Dean stated that they had about 25 applications left to review for the "first review" round.
6) The seat deposit is $500.00 if accepted in the next 2-3 weeks.
7) If you are accepted it will state "accepted" on-line but if you are "denied" it will state "decision rendered." ** I have heard otherwise just FYI.**
8) It seems that Chapman actively communicates with other local schools in the area and they give each other a heads up if they are pulling from WL. I believe this plays into the MELT concept. Ex. If Pepperdine pulls from the WL they will give Chapman a heads up so Chapman can plan on "losing" X amount of students and prepare to pull from the WL by said qty.
9) While I was signed on approximately 68 people were also signed on.

This whole chat session was disheartening but I must admit it confirmed my worst suspicions. However, I say NEVER GIVE up, until the final decision is rendered and as the Dean said, the "class is fully seated." BE WISE fellow WL'rs and make those key decisions.

User avatar
linkbruin
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 2:04 am

Re: Chapman 2013

Postby linkbruin » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:01 pm

Waitlisted today through email and status checker. Hopefully someone here is one of the lucky ones.

Amiricanmade
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:58 am

Re: Chapman 2013

Postby Amiricanmade » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:51 pm

To those who are attending Chapman 2013: Could you please post your #'s.

Thanks

Salzburg2013
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: Chapman 2013

Postby Salzburg2013 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:54 pm

AmericanMade: You can also check the website law school numbers to get a great idea of the average gmat/lsat scores that CU has admitted thus far for 2010. http://chapman.lawschoolnumbers.com/
Hope this helps, in case no one on this board gets back to ya!

Amiricanmade
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:58 am

Re: Chapman 2013

Postby Amiricanmade » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:04 pm

Salzburg2013 wrote:AmericanMade: You can also check the website law school numbers to get a great idea of the average gmat/lsat scores that CU has admitted thus far for 2010. http://chapman.lawschoolnumbers.com/
Hope this helps, in case no one on this board gets back to ya!


Thanks Salzburg2013 :)

km23
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:35 am

Re: Chapman 2013

Postby km23 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:10 pm

.
Last edited by km23 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Salzburg2013
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: Chapman 2013

Postby Salzburg2013 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:03 pm

based on the last "chat" the Dean did state that w/i 2-3 weeks from that date he would begin releasing people from the WL...I see the blood bath begins. UGG. Dear Previous Poster, I hope you had other offers to counterbalance this "release".
Good Luck to all WL'rs!!!

User avatar
SwollenMonkey
Posts: 640
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

Re: Chapman 2013

Postby SwollenMonkey » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:24 am

Nothing new here. Still waiting.

User avatar
linkbruin
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat May 15, 2010 2:04 am

Re: Chapman 2013

Postby linkbruin » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:34 pm

Anyone heard anything about the waitlist?

justright157
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:12 pm

Re: Chapman 2013

Postby justright157 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:49 pm

rejected from the waitlist today. fucking broke my heart




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests