Midwest schools 2013: KS, MO, IA, IL, NE, ND, SD, WI, MN

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
evilxs

Re: Midwest schools 2013: KS, MO, IA, IL, NE, ND, SD, WI, MN

Postby evilxs » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:05 pm

It is easy to have an inferiority complex when the rest of the posters write hundreds of threads dissing schools in these states. Fact remains that some of these schools place very well in their regions. I love my school of choice 8)

As an odd fact I actually grew up in Ohio. :lol:

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:07 pm

Isn't Mercer in GA?

evilxs

Postby evilxs » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:10 pm

Yeah, did I mention that is this thread somewhere? Only school I applied to outside of the midwest. I have no intentions of going, just was curious to see what kind of offer I would get from a school I earned my BS and MBA at. I got a heck of a lot more love from the midwest schools. :roll:

danquayle

Postby danquayle » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:15 pm

evilxs wrote:The midwest for any who want to join in this thread:

And yeah Ohio is the small state to the far right of the picture. We'd love to have you in this thread too.

I do think the distinction makes a difference in terms of portability though. Its been my anecdotal experience that most of the good Midwestern schools have portability within the Midwest, but only when the more narrow definition of the Midwest as synonymous with the Big 10 areas. Of course, that could just be because the other states have smaller populations and therefore fewer jobs and fewer law schools.

ILoveClowns8

Postby ILoveClowns8 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:20 pm

Going to Iowa, and am thrilled to be doing so! Glad to see a positive Midwest thread on here.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:05 am

evilxs wrote:
mshflyer wrote:probably will end up at Iowa or St. Thomas (full ride). Really really hoping for Wisconsin though. (still waiting :? )

oooo Did you get the St. Thomas hat in the mail? I thought that was a really nice, awesome touch since it is so cold there. I didnt get a full ride but dang they did throw 45k my way and that is not anything to snuff at. :D

Im heading out to the admitted students day thing at Drake today and on the 15th to the one at Creighton and a few others. On the bright side to having to get snazzied up it is gonna be in the 30's today :D

Iowa might be better ranked than Wisconsin but that doesn't necessarily mean it is a better school especially if they know what area of law they want to practice etc. Heck huge parts of the ranking like the size of a law school library have not much to do with the quality of the education you receive imo

IMO Iowa gives a better education than Wisconsin, but places equally as well.

GordonGekko

Postby GordonGekko » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:57 am

robin600 wrote:
evilxs wrote:
mshflyer wrote:probably will end up at Iowa or St. Thomas (full ride). Really really hoping for Wisconsin though. (still waiting :? )

oooo Did you get the St. Thomas hat in the mail? I thought that was a really nice, awesome touch since it is so cold there. I didnt get a full ride but dang they did throw 45k my way and that is not anything to snuff at. :D

Im heading out to the admitted students day thing at Drake today and on the 15th to the one at Creighton and a few others. On the bright side to having to get snazzied up it is gonna be in the 30's today :D

Iowa might be better ranked than Wisconsin but that doesn't necessarily mean it is a better school especially if they know what area of law they want to practice etc. Heck huge parts of the ranking like the size of a law school library have not much to do with the quality of the education you receive imo

Have you decided on Iowa for the fall Robin?

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:22 pm

boo jersey shore wrote:People have defiled the proud state of South Dakota several times in this thread through the use of negative comparison. We are the finest that TTT has to offer. We are the Franzia of states.

Oh yeah, btw, going to Northwestern. Want to remain in the midwest/plains states.

Sylvan Lake, Custer State Park:
--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--

The Badlands:
from another angle:
--ImageRemoved--

Future home of my friend Boo:

I <3 South Dakota

robin600

Postby robin600 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:38 pm

GordonGekko wrote:
robin600 wrote:
evilxs wrote:

Have you decided on Iowa for the fall Robin?

Thought so, but I felt like I got the shaft at ASW, so now I'm torn between Wisconsin,OSU $$, and Iowa. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Slimpee

Postby Slimpee » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:12 pm

robin600 wrote:Thought so, but I felt like I got the shaft at ASW, so now I'm torn between Wisconsin,OSU $$, and Iowa. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

You sound entitled. Go to the school that will make you happy.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:09 am

Slimpee wrote:
robin600 wrote:Thought so, but I felt like I got the shaft at ASW, so now I'm torn between Wisconsin,OSU $$, and Iowa. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

You sound entitled. Go to the school that will make you happy.

Ummm, ok how do I sound entitled? I was just dissappointed with the fact that the dean didn't remember our conversations about accommodations. Going to a school that is easy for me to get accommodations is a big deal for me, and from this it made it seem a bit harder than other schools. I don't get how this is entitled.

evilxs

Postby evilxs » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:33 pm

I love the Buffalo road crossing, we went and saw some buffalo this weekend with the kids.
Yay midwest! 8)

JOThompson

Postby JOThompson » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:20 am

Looking like Iowa or Minnesota for me. A miracle acceptance off the Vandy WL would change that.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”