Help in choosing a school

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
strokes788

Help in choosing a school

Postby strokes788 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:16 pm

Hi all, so with the current bad economy and the issue of ranking v. money at lower schools, if anyone could give me their opinion/insight on these, and what you think would be more worth it:

Northwestern (sticker unless I get a scholly offer)
Georgetown (sticker unless I get a scholly offer)
Duke (sticker unless I get a scholly offer)
UT - 84K
Vanderbilt - 60K

I am leaning towards a T14 mainly because of national portability of the degree, and because I'm not sure where I want to practice (leaning towards LA/NYC/Boston/Chicago/Bay area), but tuition is super high, I mean Northwestern 47K is insane. I am also leaning toward biglaw and it seems Northwestern places awesome in that, not just from this year's rankings putting them number 1 but just generally in years past, but its just super expensive, a lot of loans, etc. If anyone, especially anyone who took a half or full ride to a lower ranked school versus sticker at a higher school especially in the T14 could offer any insight I would greatly appreciate it

strokes788

Re: Help in choosing a school

Postby strokes788 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:49 am

*Bump*

vkw104

Postby vkw104 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:24 am

Might have better luck in the "Choosing a Law School" board

viewforum.php?f=1

strokes788

Postby strokes788 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:29 am

Lol after all this time on TLS, I can't believe I didn't notice there was a specific board for that. Thanks, I'll repost it on that!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”