Howard University School of Law 2013 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Danger

New

Re: Howard University School of Law 2013

Post by Danger » Wed May 26, 2010 9:53 am

Any news re: the waitlist?

Jay-Electronica

Bronze

Post by Jay-Electronica » Wed May 26, 2010 10:02 am

isabelleb

New

Post by isabelleb » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:37 pm

Anyone still looking for a roommate? PM me.

MsBigBad

New

Post by MsBigBad » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:21 pm

It sure is quiet in here. No complaints? Questions? Anything?! :shock:

Harpua280

New

Post by Harpua280 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:08 pm

Anyone hear anything from the wait list? Been trying to get in touch with the dean of admissions for the past two weeks, but he is a hard man to get on the phone!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

reece

New

Post by reece » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:27 pm

I have a question about Fall OCI... Do we need to bid by the end of July as well or is this something we do during orientation?

Thanks!

MsBigBad

New

Post by MsBigBad » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:36 pm

I'm just an 0L but I thought that we were not even allowed to contact the career services office for the first month of school, which would pretty much mean we are out of the running for fall OCI. I think they want the 1Ls (at least 1st semester 1Ls) to focus strictly on classes.

NewDay

New

Post by NewDay » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:53 pm

MsBigBad wrote:I'm just an 0L but I thought that we were not even allowed to contact the career services office for the first month of school, which would pretty much mean we are out of the running for fall OCI. I think they want the 1Ls (at least 1st semester 1Ls) to focus strictly on classes.
Yea I think the OCI is for when you have at least a year under your belt. I read somewhere that you are not even allowed to work your first year.

NewDay

New

Post by NewDay » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:29 pm

Has anyone tried logging onto bison web, and the school email yet? I am able to get onto bison web, but not able to access my email.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

heavyliesthehead

New

Post by heavyliesthehead » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:44 pm

NewDay wrote:Has anyone tried logging onto bison web, and the school email yet? I am able to get onto bison web, but not able to access my email.
same with me...no success

NewDay

New

Post by NewDay » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:50 pm

heavyliesthehead wrote:
NewDay wrote:Has anyone tried logging onto bison web, and the school email yet? I am able to get onto bison web, but not able to access my email.
yea, I've been told we need to wait until orientation.

howardsbest

New

Post by howardsbest » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:49 am

NewDay wrote:
heavyliesthehead wrote:
yea, I've been told we need to wait until orientation.
I will be a 1L at Catholic in the fall, but went to HU for undergrad. If you have any questions about the school please pm me. For starters you won't be able to access your email until orientation and even then you might have to go to I-Lab (computer lab) to gain access to it. The I-Lab is located across the street from the bookstore.

Also if you have not visited the law school is not near main campus. There is a shuttle that goes from Main Campus to the law school, but it runs every hour. Your best bet is to catch the metro (red line) to Vaness/ UDC and it is around the corner from this metro stop.

You will do a majority of your admin stuff on main campus.

Good luck HUSOLAS (Howard Univ School of Law Students)

vatech11

New

Post by vatech11 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:53 pm

Here is a serious question- I noticed the high salary for Howard, coupled with the amount of firms that recruit there. The bar passage rate leaves quite a bit to be desired, but I am wondering- if you are white and are accepted to Howard- are the opportunities with the big law firms equally available to you. I am going to make the assumption that they are not. I would like to see if anyone can provide some insight

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

heavyliesthehead

New

Post by heavyliesthehead » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:36 am

vatech11 wrote:Here is a serious question- I noticed the high salary for Howard, coupled with the amount of firms that recruit there. The bar passage rate leaves quite a bit to be desired, but I am wondering- if you are white and are accepted to Howard- are the opportunities with the big law firms equally available to you. I am going to make the assumption that they are not. I would like to see if anyone can provide some insight
is any one in this forum capable of answering that question? I'm not certain. If Howard is the right fit for you isn't that all that matters. But that might be naive on my part. If we assume that for the most part the majority of students want to be considered by as many firms as possible for gigs, does Howard offer ALL students that? Maybe on the part of the administrators it does. But what about on the firms who might only look to Howard for their minorities?

I would think that being a white m/w at a HBCU is an advantage if they choose to spin it that way. Possibly, its all on how the individual sells it.

vatech11

New

Post by vatech11 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:36 am

heavyliesthehead wrote:
vatech11 wrote:Here is a serious question- I noticed the high salary for Howard, coupled with the amount of firms that recruit there. The bar passage rate leaves quite a bit to be desired, but I am wondering- if you are white and are accepted to Howard- are the opportunities with the big law firms equally available to you. I am going to make the assumption that they are not. I would like to see if anyone can provide some insight
is any one in this forum capable of answering that question? I'm not certain. If Howard is the right fit for you isn't that all that matters. But that might be naive on my part. If we assume that for the most part the majority of students want to be considered by as many firms as possible for gigs, does Howard offer ALL students that? Maybe on the part of the administrators it does. But what about on the firms who might only look to Howard for their minorities?

I would think that being a white m/w at a HBCU is an advantage if they choose to spin it that way. Possibly, its all on how the individual sells it.
Thanks for your input- and I agree that it is not able to be answered by anyone, but people can probably form fairly decent opinions- and I am talking to intelligent people, so I think that helps. I appreciate it

MsBigBad

New

Post by MsBigBad » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:02 pm

Anyone receive concrete answers regarding professional loans yet?

DaydreamBeliever

New

Post by DaydreamBeliever » Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:48 pm

1 week left. I can't wait.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

inchoate_con

Bronze

Post by inchoate_con » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:14 pm

If anyone has Meekins for Criminal Law, you're in luck - she's awesome. She was a visiting prof this summer. Casebook sucks though because you cannot find brief supplements..

blackbetterlaw

New

Post by blackbetterlaw » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:39 pm

So what are we supposed to wear for orientation?
Also who's willing to make the HUSL class of 13 facebook group.lol

MsBigBad

New

Post by MsBigBad » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:12 pm

blackbetterlaw wrote:So what are we supposed to wear for orientation?
Also who's willing to make the HUSL class of 13 facebook group.lol

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gi ... &ref=notif

Done :mrgreen:

DukeCornell

Bronze

Post by DukeCornell » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:12 am

:mrgreen:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”