Autoadmit claims USN Rankings leaked.... Chicago drops to 7 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JollyGreenGiant

Silver

Re: Autoadmit claims USN Rankings leaked.... Chicago drops to 7

Post by JollyGreenGiant » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:39 am

Kronk wrote:
JollyGreenGiant wrote:lol @ NYU being tied with Columbia
lol @ Boalt hopping over Chicago
NYU was ahead of Columbia multiple times in the last ten years. Boalt was ahead of Chicago LAST year.

These rankings are still bullshit, but just sayin.
I don't doubt that.

I was expressing that personally, I really doubt either of those will happen with more recent developments occurring. Didn't NYU take a huge (at least, more than most schools) hit in the 250 data that just came out? Not to mention Boalt's budget crisis.

Again, two very good schools. Anyone would be lucky to attend them. I just don't see the rankings shaking out like that.

doinmybest

Bronze

Post by doinmybest » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:16 am

AngryAvocado wrote:
doinmybest wrote:
FunkyJD wrote:Pay close attention, Gov. Schwarzenegger says this is the real list:

Illinois
Texas
SMU

NYU
Ohio State
Temple

Fordham
UCLA
Columbia
Kansas
Indiana
Georgetown
O
Rutgers
Emory
American
Lewis & Clark ...

then Yale and Harvard.

hth
Is that the rest of the list? 19 on down??
No. It's not fucking real. YH. hth.
Sarcasm detection fail.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:18 am

mistergoft wrote:
im_blue wrote:UCLA in the T14!
In before T13 trolling.
More like objective reality trolling.

Compaq1984

Bronze

Post by Compaq1984 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:58 am

Last edited by Compaq1984 on Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:05 am

Desert Fox wrote:
mistergoft wrote:
In before T13 trolling.
It took you five pages?

Philosophy promulgation fail.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:13 am

mistergoft wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
mistergoft wrote:
In before T13 trolling.
It took you five pages?

Philosophy promulgation fail.
I know, I know.

CredoUtIntellegam

New

Post by CredoUtIntellegam » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:18 am

JollyGreenGiant wrote:
Kronk wrote:
NYU was ahead of Columbia multiple times in the last ten years. Boalt was ahead of Chicago LAST year.

I don't doubt that.

I was expressing that personally, I really doubt either of those will happen with more recent developments occurring. Didn't NYU take a huge (at least, more than most schools) hit in the 250 data that just came out? Not to mention Boalt's budget crisis.

Again, two very good schools. Anyone would be lucky to attend them. I just don't see the rankings shaking out like that.
Actually, Boalt is not undergoing a budget crisis. Dean Edley saw the writing on the wall when he first arrived and prepared the law school for the impending privatization of the UC system. With many of the improvements that DE has been working on, I wouldn't be surprised if Boalt jumped ahead of Chicago. We're currently constructing a new library, have made job offers to multiple professors (we could have as many as 11-13 new profs next year), and have one of the very best LRAPs in the country. DE's goal is to make Boalt a top 5 law school, and I believe he is well on his way to making that happen.

stratocophic

Gold

Post by stratocophic » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:27 am

Hai guyz, Boalt here to lay some knowledge on you!

Sorry man, couldn't resist. It's been 3 weeks.
Last edited by stratocophic on Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

cardnal124

Bronze

Post by cardnal124 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:28 am

CredoUtIntellegam wrote:
JollyGreenGiant wrote:
Kronk wrote:

I don't doubt that.

Actually, Boalt is not undergoing a budget crisis. Dean Edley saw the writing on the wall when he first arrived and prepared the law school for the impending privatization of the UC system. With many of the improvements that DE has been working on, I wouldn't be surprised if Boalt jumped ahead of Chicago. We're currently constructing a new library, have made job offers to multiple professors (we could have as many as 11-13 new profs next year), and have one of the very best LRAPs in the country. DE's goal is to make Boalt a top 5 law school, and I believe he is well on his way to making that happen.
That's cool and all, but aren't tuition increases going to be 32% next year? Making a 40k/yr tuition into roughly 53k/yr for out of state students. That's fairly significant when you consider that will probably add up to 45k more over the entirety of law school.

Not saying Boalt isn't a good school for PI law and some other areas of law (and there is a good LRAP), but paying off the extra 45k in loans might make going to Boalt prohibitive for many prospective students with good numbers.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:31 am

JohnYuu wrote:I know people are gonna think this is BS but I remember last year someone posted "fake" rankings that ended being legit. Any thoughts?
No they didn't. TLS actually posted the rankings before anybody else. Sorry if this was already stated, but I'm not wasting time reading through this thread.

THIS IS FAKE ALL. hth.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:59 am

cardnal124 wrote:That's cool and all, but aren't tuition increases going to be 32% next year? Making a 40k/yr tuition into roughly 53k/yr for out of state students. That's fairly significant when you consider that will probably add up to 45k more over the entirety of law school.

Not saying Boalt isn't a good school for PI law and some other areas of law (and there is a good LRAP), but paying off the extra 45k in loans might make going to Boalt prohibitive for many prospective students with good numbers.
tbf, students get instate tuition after their first year, making the cost roughly the same as all other top law schools and probably significantly cheaper than HYSCCN when they announce their tuition increases for next year.

cardnal124

Bronze

Post by cardnal124 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:10 am

Kronk wrote:
cardnal124 wrote:That's cool and all, but aren't tuition increases going to be 32% next year? Making a 40k/yr tuition into roughly 53k/yr for out of state students. That's fairly significant when you consider that will probably add up to 45k more over the entirety of law school.

tbf, students get instate tuition after their first year, making the cost roughly the same as all other top law schools and probably significantly cheaper than HYSCCN when they announce their tuition increases for next year.
Assuming of course they don't make it difficult to obtain CA residency.

The biggest problem I have with the UC system in general right now is we have no idea how they will be going forward from a state budget standpoint, and no idea how that will affect tuition in the coming years. My personal problem with Boalt is I am much more interested in corporate law than PI law, making Boalt not as practical for me in comparison to other schools that have a stronger corporate focus, and the premium price simply serves to exacerbate that.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:16 am

Anyone see this response?
"yea, its always the same story. how about some variety?

like.. "I was fucking this big tittied brazilian girl and we knocked over this random box in the janitor's closet. Inside were stacks of the U.S. news rankings. I had a permanent marker but couldn't write on myself since I was wearing a suit so I wrote down the top 18 on the hooker's titties. Did I mention she was a hooker? Anyways I got her to email me what i wrote down."

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Bauer24

New

Post by Bauer24 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:28 am

I think Jack Bauer would have picked Chicago over Boalt because he's awesome.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:02 pm

cardnal124 wrote:
Kronk wrote:

The biggest problem I have with the UC system in general right now is we have no idea how they will be going forward from a state budget standpoint, and no idea how that will affect tuition in the coming years. My personal problem with Boalt is I am much more interested in corporate law than PI law, making Boalt not as practical for me in comparison to other schools that have a stronger corporate focus, and the premium price simply serves to exacerbate that.

They don't. Anyone that wants residency in CA after a year is able to get it. That's why I wrote that.

adameus

Silver

Post by adameus » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:26 pm

Kronk wrote:
cardnal124 wrote:
Kronk wrote:

They don't. Anyone that wants residency in CA after a year is able to get it. That's why I wrote that.
Anyone? I'm pretty sure if you're Canadian or from any country other than the US its quite difficult.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:40 pm

Should've qualified that by saying any American.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

The Brainalist

Bronze

Post by The Brainalist » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:21 pm

Kronk wrote:

You guys talk about this as if in-state is going to be a meaningful distinction in the short-term future.

Also, every time this thead is bumped, a kitten dies.

CredoUtIntellegam

New

Post by CredoUtIntellegam » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:53 am

cardnal124 wrote:
CredoUtIntellegam wrote:
That's cool and all, but aren't tuition increases going to be 32% next year? Making a 40k/yr tuition into roughly 53k/yr for out of state students. That's fairly significant when you consider that will probably add up to 45k more over the entirety of law school.

Tuition at Boalt, even with a 32% increase, will be lower than our peer law schools in the top 10, both public and private.

CredoUtIntellegam

New

Post by CredoUtIntellegam » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:53 am

The Brainalist wrote:
Kronk wrote:

You guys talk about this as if in-state is going to be a meaningful distinction in the short-term future.

I don't like kittens.

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:06 am

CredoUtIntellegam wrote:
cardnal124 wrote:
CredoUtIntellegam wrote:

Tuition at Boalt, even with a 32% increase, will be lower than our peer law schools in the top 10, both public and private.
Huh? Not really. Tuition of 53k would be the highest in the T14.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

big_blue79

Bronze

Post by big_blue79 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:48 am

The Brainalist wrote:
Kronk wrote:

Does this mean I can finally stop masturbating?

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:02 am

I work at Wal Mart and just saw the new rankings:

1) Chicago
2) Yale
3) Harvard
4) Cooley
5) Stanford

I stopped looking there, but these are real. Really.

CredoUtIntellegam

New

Post by CredoUtIntellegam » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:37 am

JSUVA2012 wrote:
Huh? Not really. Tuition of 53k would be the highest in the T14.
Sorry. I should've qualified that. That stat includes all mandatory fees. While it's true that tuition and fees are projected to rise to $51,815 by 2012, fees everywhere else will also rise. Boalt's aim is to keep fees below other top public law schools. From the statistics I've seen, the projected average fees of top public law schools will be 92% of top private law schools. Boalt is projected to be at 90%.

CredoUtIntellegam

New

Post by CredoUtIntellegam » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:39 am

stratocophic wrote:Hai guyz, Boalt here to lay some knowledge on you!

Sorry man, couldn't resist. It's been 3 weeks.
I know, but I just read through the thread.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”