Anyone in at University of Hawaii? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
toastpbj

New

Anyone in at University of Hawaii?

Post by toastpbj » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:38 pm

Anyone else in at University of Hawaii and planning on going? Just curious.

MURPH

Silver

Re: Anyone in at University of Hawaii?

Post by MURPH » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:49 pm

I got the call on Tuesday. I am in.

william wallace

New

Post by william wallace » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:40 pm

I turned in my application in yesterday. My scores are just borderline to get in and I'm not a HI resident. However, I do have some ties to the state which will hopefully help. I am really hoping to be accepted. If accepted and I can figure a way to afford it, I will go. If you two are accepted, do you plan to attend? If you all are residents, you should have a good shot.

All I have so far is an e-mail saying that they received my application. The e-mail said to give them a couple days to verify whether my application is complete or incomplete. What have you guys heard? Best of luck to you. I think the school offers some very interesting specialties.

toastpbj

New

Post by toastpbj » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:05 am

I'm in, got the call last week and I sent in my application back in December and went complete a few weeks into January. I'm planning on sending my intent to enroll either tomorrow or the next day...

I had pretty decent scores... probably could have gotten into top 40s even top 30s, hawaii was where I want to be though so it was pretty straight forward.

I'm not a resident, but I do have strong ties to the state since I have a huge hawaiian family and my other side is also from there for a few generation back. I'm 1/4 hawaiian and I strongly identify with the hawaiian culture. My advice would really be 100% sure you want to live on a relatively small island for three years and possible beyond. Hawaii is a great place, but I think it can be really hit and miss for people especially if you don't have family/friends there already and are settling there on your own.

Good luck with your application

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”