Where to live in St. Louis?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
DeurCorp51

Re: Where to live in St. Louis?

Postby DeurCorp51 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:37 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
DeurCorp51 wrote:
True, that the price is higher compared other locations. What sold me was the location (short walking distance to bars & restaurants) and the new (redone) construction. Also, noise is NOT a issue at all: I need silence when I sleep, but here I can take a nap during rush hour.

How do you get to campus? Bike, walk, drive, bus, ?

I drive to campus. In the usual morning, I leave 8:50 for a 9:08 class. The parking takes just as long as the drive to campus.
I do know people in the building who walk to campus. I would say that the walk would take about 15-20 minutes.

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:55 pm

Do you know anyone in LS that bought a place instead of renting an apartment?

I get giddy looking at the price of housing, but I'm not sure I'd want to be a homeowner during LS, even though it appears it's affordable.

DeurCorp51

Postby DeurCorp51 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:04 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:Do you know anyone in LS that bought a place instead of renting an apartment?

I get giddy looking at the price of housing, but I'm not sure I'd want to be a homeowner during LS, even though it appears it's affordable.

I do not know anyone in LS who has bought a place instead of rent. I've not looked lately at the local housing market, but I'm sure there are some good picks. Wash U/Quadrangle owns A LOT of real estate and the rental prices appear reasonable.

Oban

Postby Oban » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:22 pm

cheap rent

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”