UIUC Waitlist

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fenderjsm88

Re: UIUC Waitlist

Postby fenderjsm88 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:43 pm

Pless wrote:Thought I would just post a brief update on our wait list. We currently have 312 applicants on the wait list. I should start to get a better idea of how much wait list activity we will have during the first week of April. If I had to guess now, I would say that there will be a lot of activity throughout April, May and June.

Thanks for the update, Dean Pless! How should we send our LOCIs? Should we just email them to you, or would you prefer them mailed to the College?

Pless

Postby Pless » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:43 pm

fenderjsm88 wrote:
Pless wrote:Thought I would just post a brief update on our wait list. We currently have 312 applicants on the wait list. I should start to get a better idea of how much wait list activity we will have during the first week of April. If I had to guess now, I would say that there will be a lot of activity throughout April, May and June.

Thanks for the update, Dean Pless! How should we send our LOCIs? Should we just email them to you, or would you prefer them mailed to the College?

Emailing them to me is fine. Pless@law.illinois.edu

fenderjsm88

Postby fenderjsm88 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:48 pm

Pless wrote:
fenderjsm88 wrote:

Emailing them to me is fine. Pless@law.illinois.edu

Okay, thank you for your help!

jmhendri

Postby jmhendri » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:00 pm

Thanks Dean Pless, I hope to meet you during my visit on March 15th!

fenderjsm88

Postby fenderjsm88 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:02 pm

I'm thinking about taking a trip down to campus sometime soon. Maybe I'll get a chance to tell someone how interested I am.

jmhendri

Postby jmhendri » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:04 pm

fenderjsm88 wrote:I'm thinking about taking a trip down to campus sometime soon. Maybe I'll get a chance to tell someone how interested I am.

I'm thinking it's a good move if you can swing it.

fenderjsm88

Postby fenderjsm88 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:57 pm

So, only another month or so until they start looking at the waitlist...

Does everybody have their backups chosen? If I don't get off the WL at Illinois, I'm most likely headed to Bloomington.

LogosEther

Postby LogosEther » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:32 am

166/low engineering gpa.

You're all planning on flying out there, I'm pretty sure I don't have the time. Think that'll hurt me? I'm going to look up flights anyway...

jmhendri

Postby jmhendri » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:29 pm

fenderjsm88 wrote:So, only another month or so until they start looking at the waitlist...

Does everybody have their backups chosen? If I don't get off the WL at Illinois, I'm most likely headed to Bloomington.

I'll probably end up at W&L with a pretty nice scholly if I can't get bumped from the wait list. Bloomington seems like it would be cool too...

LogosEther wrote:166/low engineering gpa.

You're all planning on flying out there, I'm pretty sure I don't have the time. Think that'll hurt me? I'm going to look up flights anyway...

It shouldn't hurt you if you make a super strong statement of intent in you LOCI. But it was very helpful for me on sealing UIUC at the top of my list... I think it was totally worth it. The people there are incredibly down to earth and the admissions staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Seeing the law building and how relaxed yet focused everyone seemed was very encouraging. And Dean Pless had a lot of useful info which helped me to really picture what academic life at UIUC would be like.

dmcbride

'

Postby dmcbride » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:05 pm

'
Last edited by dmcbride on Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pertristis

Postby pertristis » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:15 pm

dmcbride wrote:Does anyone know if Illinois offers any repayment for the cost of visiting from far away?

Dean Pless noted that no stipend was available for students coming to ASD next week; I'm assuming the same is true for personal visits.

TrackTony88

Postby TrackTony88 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:37 pm

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say I am a current UIUC undergrad and will be going next yr here so if anyone has any questions about UIUC or Chambana, just send me a message!

Good luck, I hope everyone gets into their top choices! :)

sweet02215

Postby sweet02215 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:14 am

we're supposed to get updated today about the WL.. exciting!

downstream

Postby downstream » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:48 pm

Does anyone think UIUC will be making *any* waitlist offers? I'm starting to really doubt it.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”