Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
romothesavior

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby romothesavior » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:43 am

michigandrew wrote:I'm wondering that as well.

I remember back in June when they said they had it narrowed down to a "small core" of interested candidates, and yet it seemed like pretty much everyone here was in that group.

edit: I would hope it's fewer than twenty, but who knows. I understand, though, that they have to account for the likelihood of WLers dropping off or losing interest as the semester approaches.

No way it is fewer than 20. It is still in the 100s, I would bet.

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:46 am

romothesavior wrote:
michigandrew wrote:I'm wondering that as well.

I remember back in June when they said they had it narrowed down to a "small core" of interested candidates, and yet it seemed like pretty much everyone here was in that group.

edit: I would hope it's fewer than twenty, but who knows. I understand, though, that they have to account for the likelihood of WLers dropping off or losing interest as the semester approaches.

No way it is fewer than 20. It is still in the 100s, I would bet.

im gonna be an optimist and say its at 87

DOOM

Postby DOOM » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:52 am

im still in too. im now really glad I told them i was willing to wait til the end of the summer, but this just doesnt sound like it will be going anywhere. has anyone who said they were only willing to wait til the end of June been cut yet?

it hasn't sounded like anyone has actually been released...

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:23 pm

Still in. The number likely won't drop significantly until the semester actually starts. I'm debating whether or not to just have Michigan extend me until August.

VerdiShmerdi

Postby VerdiShmerdi » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:50 pm

Still in. Very, very small number is apparently a very, very loose term.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:53 pm

VerdiShmerdi wrote:Still in. Very, very small number is apparently a very, very loose term.

+1.

Odds are ~0 that any of us will be going to Michigan in the fall.

Strato and nyyankees, see you at WUSTL.

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:56 pm

stratocophic wrote:Still in. The number likely won't drop significantly until the semester actually starts. I'm debating whether or not to just have Michigan extend me until August.

Take away the adjectives and you'll have the facts.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:04 am

VerdiShmerdi wrote:Still in. Very, very small number is apparently a very, very loose term.
Sorry Michigan admissions, but you can't BS a TLSer :wink:
romothesavior wrote:

+1.

Ah well, at least I'll get a baseball game or twenty out of it :mrgreen:

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:09 am

stratocophic wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

+1.

I have decided that I am going to do a 27-game Cardinals ticket package next year. The package is weekend games only and I think I can probably afford like a 600-800 package (unless I get that 1L SA, in which case it will be $3,000 club box seats for me!) I'll likely go to about half the games and sell the other half of the tickets, so I won't end up too far in the hole.

IMO, this is far better than watching boring, low scoring Big Ten football games in the freezing cold.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:17 am

romothesavior wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

+1.

I have decided that I am going to do a 27-game Cardinals ticket package next year. The package is weekend games only and I think I can probably afford like a 600-800 package (unless I get that 1L SA, in which case it will be $3,000 club box seats for me!) I'll likely go to about half the games and sell the other half of the tickets, so I won't end up too far in the hole.

IMO, this is far better than watching boring, low scoring Big Ten football games in the freezing cold.
Nice. Gun harder than nyyankees and the club box seats are as good as Biglaw SECURE. SEC football is TonlyCR, BTW.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:24 am

stratocophic wrote:Nice. Gun harder than nyyankees and the club box seats are as good as Biglaw SECURE. SEC football is TonlyCR, BTW.

Bragging about SEC football as a Vandy fan would be like me bragging about defeating the Nazis in WWII.

I had nothing to do with it.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:38 am

romothesavior wrote:
stratocophic wrote:Nice. Gun harder than nyyankees and the club box seats are as good as Biglaw SECURE. SEC football is TonlyCR, BTW.

Bragging about SEC football as a Vandy fan would be like me bragging about defeating the Nazis in WWII.

I had nothing to do with it.
You had to go there. At least I'll always have VU over BC on a muffed punt return. Besides, I'm a Florida fan :twisted: :oops:

dancinginseptember

Postby dancinginseptember » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:29 pm

I received a letter in mail today. They culled me from the waitlist.

FYI: indicated that I strongly preferred finding things out by the end of june.

boo hiss :/

clint4law

Postby clint4law » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:31 pm

dancinginseptember wrote:I received a letter in mail today. They culled me from the waitlist.

FYI: indicated that I strongly preferred finding things out by the end of june.

boo hiss :/

you were dinged now? when was the letter dated?

Prime12

Postby Prime12 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:07 am

any updates?

Teoeo

Postby Teoeo » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:55 am

Ive been on email with them and they told me they are still "substantially" overenrolled. I think our only chance is that they offer some of us deferred admission. Because of this I actually applied for a deferred spot but they told me my plans for the interim year werent concrete enough :( .

Anyway, they have been a real pleasure to work with, the most pleasant admission office by far.

clint4law

Postby clint4law » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:49 pm

Teoeo wrote:Ive been on email with them and they told me they are still "substantially" overenrolled. I think our only chance is that they offer some of us deferred admission. Because of this I actually applied for a deferred spot but they told me my plans for the interim year werent concrete enough :( .

Anyway, they have been a real pleasure to work with, the most pleasant admission office by far.

is it common for them to offer waitlisted candidates a deferral for next yr?

DOOM

Postby DOOM » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:50 pm

clint4law wrote:
Teoeo wrote:Ive been on email with them and they told me they are still "substantially" overenrolled. I think our only chance is that they offer some of us deferred admission. Because of this I actually applied for a deferred spot but they told me my plans for the interim year werent concrete enough :( .

is it common for them to offer waitlisted candidates a deferral for next yr?

this year's Michigan admitted students thread was started by a group of people that were WL-->deferred from last year's application cycle. if you can look up last year's Michigan waitlist thread, I believe that ended up being the final outcome for a handful of people who hung around til August or so.

michigandrew

Postby michigandrew » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:14 am

Ive been on email with them and they told me they are still "substantially" overenrolled. I think our only chance is that they offer some of us deferred admission. Because of this I actually applied for a deferred spot but they told me my plans for the interim year werent concrete enough.

If it makes you feel any better (probably not), I applied for deferred admission too and was told something similar.

Teoeo

Postby Teoeo » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:40 am

michigandrew wrote:
Ive been on email with them and they told me they are still "substantially" overenrolled. I think our only chance is that they offer some of us deferred admission. Because of this I actually applied for a deferred spot but they told me my plans for the interim year werent concrete enough.

If it makes you feel any better (probably not), I applied for deferred admission too and was told something similar.

It does make me feel a little bit better :)

Postby 734 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:00 pm

Anyone else notice that their online status checker is busted today? An error message reads: service unavailable. I hope this is just a glitch and that I'm not being culled. Anyone else have this problem?

Teoeo

Postby Teoeo » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:05 pm

734 wrote:Anyone else notice that their online status checker is busted today? An error message reads: service unavailable. I hope this is just a glitch and that I'm not being culled. Anyone else have this problem?

Yup, I just checked and got the same error.

rjfried

Postby rjfried » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:53 am

They told me the same thing too about the deferral. Good luck to all of you still waiting. Hopefully there will be some movement!

Postby 734 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:03 pm

How many WL-ers do y'all think are left? guesses? Roll call?

tarheelz

Postby tarheelz » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:32 pm

Things are looking pretty stagnant these days, no? I told them I'd like to be notified yes or no by now or else just pull me from the waitlist. And I've gotten nothing but crickets up to this point. I'm beginning to think they forgot about us, don't care any more, know that no waistlister is getting in at this point because they're overenrolled, possibly preparing some deferred admission offers, or some combination thereof. Good luck to all.

Oh, and I'd set the over/under for number of waitlisters at 80.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”