Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BlankC
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:51 am

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby BlankC » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:29 pm

Thanks guys :D Time to apartment hunt for me!

calgal17 wrote:I had to withdraw from the waitlist :cry:

Ouch, sorry to hear =(

User avatar
philosoraptor
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:49 am

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby philosoraptor » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:02 pm

Damn, they called me out on my vagueness. Asked me via e-mail exactly when my willingness to consider an offer would disappear. Makes me wonder whether they've got a big calendar/chart on the office wall to quantify our enthusiasm.

BlankC
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:51 am

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby BlankC » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:16 pm

philosoraptor wrote:Damn, they called me out on my vagueness. Asked me via e-mail exactly when my willingness to consider an offer would disappear. Makes me wonder whether they've got a big calendar/chart on the office wall to quantify our enthusiasm.


Michigan has a LOT of follow-up interaction with their applicants. They called me the day of the deadline to see if I was coming or not, since they hadn't gotten a call from me to tell them how I was doing. The admissions people are really nice, but they've been following me around pretty closely since they admitted me.

Are other schools as antsy about their waitlists this time of year? I didn't even get a response from quite a few of mine after their decision to waitlist me.

User avatar
philosoraptor
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:49 am

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby philosoraptor » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:32 pm

BlankC wrote:
philosoraptor wrote:Damn, they called me out on my vagueness. Asked me via e-mail exactly when my willingness to consider an offer would disappear. Makes me wonder whether they've got a big calendar/chart on the office wall to quantify our enthusiasm.


Michigan has a LOT of follow-up interaction with their applicants. They called me the day of the deadline to see if I was coming or not, since they hadn't gotten a call from me to tell them how I was doing. The admissions people are really nice, but they've been following me around pretty closely since they admitted me.

Are other schools as antsy about their waitlists this time of year? I didn't even get a response from quite a few of mine after their decision to waitlist me.
Yeah, seemed kind of weird that they care about that level of detail, especially before June 15. Guess it's good to know they have a history of being stalker-ish.

UMich, if you're spying on my TLS posts, just know there's no one I'd rather be stalked by than you.

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby Teoeo » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:58 pm

Hey Blank, how did you fix up all your loans with fafsa? Is there some procedure? Did Mich give you any instructions? TY

BlankC
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:51 am

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby BlankC » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:56 pm

Teoeo wrote:Hey Blank, how did you fix up all your loans with fafsa? Is there some procedure? Did Mich give you any instructions? TY

I have no loans.




Please don't hate me. :(

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby Teoeo » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:24 am

BlankC wrote:
Teoeo wrote:Hey Blank, how did you fix up all your loans with fafsa? Is there some procedure? Did Mich give you any instructions? TY

I have no loans.




Please don't hate me. :(



Hah I don't hate you, I was just curious since I already have it all set up for somewhere else. That's awesome for you though xD.

floatinggiraffe
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:53 am

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby floatinggiraffe » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:15 am

Hey, newcomer. Got the email. I would be surprised if there was much, if any, additional movement on this thing. In the meantime, still in it, still waiting, still making phonecalls.

170/3.7

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby Teoeo » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:20 am

I am hoping they will have at least 10 openings.

michigandrew
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby michigandrew » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:25 am

June 15th cannot arrive soon enough.

The waitlist zombies hunger for an update...
They hunger...

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby Teoeo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:47 am

Does the deposit have to be there by June 15th, or is that the postmark date?

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby romothesavior » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:50 am

Teoeo wrote:Does the deposit have to be there by June 15th, or is that the postmark date?


Postmark date, I believe. But Michigan likely calls candidates if they haven't received it yet.

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby Teoeo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:52 am

romothesavior wrote:
Teoeo wrote:Does the deposit have to be there by June 15th, or is that the postmark date?


Postmark date, I believe. But Michigan likely calls candidates if they haven't received it yet.


so they probably wont update for at least a week, probably longer =(

michigandrew
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby michigandrew » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:39 pm

Definitely possible. If I remember correctly, it took around two weeks to process the first round of deposits. Then again, there could be fewer people putting down deposits this time.

User avatar
nyyankees
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:50 am

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby nyyankees » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:03 am

got the email too. Good luck all!

rjfried
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:41 pm

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby rjfried » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:07 am

Well guys. Today's the big day! Here's to hoping for some good news soon!

I really want to go here!

lawschoollll
Posts: 468
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:57 pm

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby lawschoollll » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:36 pm

I ask this in the least presumptuous way possible, because I don't think I'll get off this WL, but is Michigan the type of school that gives money to admits off the WL? Does that type of school exist?

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby Teoeo » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:23 am

lawschoollll wrote:I ask this in the least presumptuous way possible, because I don't think I'll get off this WL, but is Michigan the type of school that gives money to admits off the WL? Does that type of school exist?


They explicitly say on their website that they don't give merit money out. I think they still might give need based grants though.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:14 am

Teoeo wrote:
lawschoollll wrote:I ask this in the least presumptuous way possible, because I don't think I'll get off this WL, but is Michigan the type of school that gives money to admits off the WL? Does that type of school exist?


They explicitly say on their website that they don't give merit money out. I think they still might give need based grants though.


Really? I could have sworn the response I got from admissions when I said I wanted to stay on the waitlist mentioned that people on the WL will be considered for aid, if it is available. Maybe I'm wrong though... I'll have to check when I get home.

cheesus
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby cheesus » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:43 am

romothesavior wrote:
Teoeo wrote:
lawschoollll wrote:I ask this in the least presumptuous way possible, because I don't think I'll get off this WL, but is Michigan the type of school that gives money to admits off the WL? Does that type of school exist?


They explicitly say on their website that they don't give merit money out. I think they still might give need based grants though.


Really? I could have sworn the response I got from admissions when I said I wanted to stay on the waitlist mentioned that people on the WL will be considered for aid, if it is available. Maybe I'm wrong though... I'll have to check when I get home.


This is what they told me in my waitlist confirmation response:

With regard to financial aid, all students admitted from the waitlist are eligible for merit and need-based aid, provided that funds are still available at the time the offer is made.

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby Teoeo » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:53 am

hrm, thats bizarre, now I can't find it on their website, maybe I dreamed it o_O

uclakais
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby uclakais » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:30 pm

I got off the wait list back in the beginning of May and was able to get a scholarship that matched one of my other offers ($$$). Good Luck!!

michigandrew
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby michigandrew » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:34 pm

Waitlist site updated:

Tuesday, June 15, was our second deposit deadline. When the dust had cleared, and we’d finished pestering everyone from whom we hadn’t heard, we concluded that we are not in a position to make any waitlist offers at this time; we remain fully enrolled. While it’s quite possible that things will change later in the summer, because of unexpected deferral requests or waitlist activity at other schools, experience from past years tells us that it is not reasonable to expect that there will be any significant changes within the next couple of weeks. Therefore, next week, we will again undertake the difficult process of paring the waitlist down even further than we already have. People from whom we haven’t heard, or people who have told us that they will only be able to accept offers through June, will receive letters letting them know they’ve been released.

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby danidancer » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:45 pm

Just withdrew. Far too far along in the process at Cornell to up and switch to Michigan at the 11th hour. Sigh.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby IAFG » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:47 pm

danidancer wrote:Just withdrew. Far too far along in the process at Cornell to up and switch to Michigan at the 11th hour. Sigh.

what the hell?!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aquinas, DumbHollywoodActor, govlife, JoshLyman13, lakers3, Leliana, lillawyer2, LtotheB, nslaw123, warmcherrysoda and 28 guests