Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
chloesacat

Re: Michigan 2010 Waitlist Only!

Postby chloesacat » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:24 pm

romothesavior wrote:I emailed admissions re: the mysterious email that some of us didn't get, and they said something to the tune of, "Those who have been released from the WL have already been notified." So it sounds like 1) you got removed, but there is a problem with your email or their email getting through or 2) you're still on the waitlist.

Maybe they sent this WL-release notification by regular mail and that's why many people haven't received anything yet?

dubsky

Postby dubsky » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:32 pm

you're probably right.
then again, we don't know anybody who got the email yet, or do we ?
Last edited by dubsky on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:35 pm

chloesacat wrote:
romothesavior wrote:I emailed admissions re: the mysterious email that some of us didn't get, and they said something to the tune of, "Those who have been released from the WL have already been notified." So it sounds like 1) you got removed, but there is a problem with your email or their email getting through or 2) you're still on the waitlist.

Maybe they sent this WL-release notification by regular mail and that's why many people haven't received anything yet?

Welcome to TLS.

And I don't think so... unless they made a mistake and told me I am still on the WL and my removal letter is in the mail. In which case :evil:

dubsky

Postby dubsky » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:41 pm

you got neither the June 1st or 8th emails though, romo. I think it looks a lot less peachy for those who got the 1st and haven't yet received the 8th email.

chloesacat

Postby chloesacat » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:42 pm

romothesavior wrote: And I don't think so... unless they made a mistake and told me I am still on the WL and my removal letter is in the mail. In which case :evil:

Well if they specifically told you youre still on the WL, that makes me feel better, especially since nobody else has reported getting an email. Maybe our 'you're still on the WL' emails are all stuck in a server somewhere.
Thanks.

sand87632

Postby sand87632 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:03 pm

romothesavior wrote:
chloesacat wrote:

Welcome to TLS.

And I don't think so... unless they made a mistake and told me I am still on the WL and my removal letter is in the mail. In which case :evil:

I never received any emails about being released, but when I asked the via
email they replied that a letter was in the mail notifying me of my removal. I only got word because I asked. I don't know about the second email, but if you didn't get the first, it could be bad news. Whatever... I really need to unsubscribe from this thread

Prime12

Postby Prime12 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:13 pm

So.. who here actually received the email? If you're out there, please tell us!

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:14 pm

Prime12 wrote:So.. who here actually received the email? If you're out there, please tell us!

They must have just sent it to the people they're going to give offers to.

Like, "Hey, we're cutting all the other noobs loose. You're in! Just don't tell them... let 'em off easy."

Fergie

Postby Fergie » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:27 am

this is so so strange.

1. A majority of us got a June 1st email

2. Those who didn't get the June 1st email are rejected

2. Their website speaks of a June 8th email that no one (so far) on TLS got

what are we to make of this??? i am perplexed to say the least

Teoeo

Postby Teoeo » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:34 am

Hrm, that is strange o_O, i didnt get the june 8th email either

Jrugg88

Postby Jrugg88 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:28 am

I infer the following:

1. The e-mail was only sent to those in the "very small" group of candidates that are to remain on the waitlist. Everyone else will or has been removed from the waitlist.

OR

2. The e-mail was sent to a "very small" group of candidates at the top of the waitlist to gauge their interest. Whether candidates who did not receive the e-mail are kept on the waitlist will depend on the extent to which that group of candidates expresses interest and/or indicates a willingness to remain on the waitlist through the end of the summer.

OR

3. The message is mistaken and no e-mail was sent out and/or an e-mail was sent out but was lost in the big 'ole "series of tubes."

Teoeo

Postby Teoeo » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:15 am

Just got the email guys.

lawschoollll

Postby lawschoollll » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:16 am

As we enter June and our second deposit deadline approaches, we at Michigan have released many of the candidates who agreed to participate in our waitlist, and so we have just a few strong candidates remaining: you are one of them. While we made only a handful of offers in May, and currently have a full class, it is hard to predict what our June 15 second deposit deadline will bring. We expect this to be an unusually volatile summer because of the waitlist activity of other schools, and therefore anticipate that some people who are currently enrolled will have made other plans and decline to submit the second deposit. I am writing now, therefore, to assess your interest in remaining on the waiting list.

If you are sure you are no longer willing to consider an offer, I would be very grateful if you would let me know by responding to this email.

If, on the other hand, you are still willing to consider a offer, it would be wonderful if you could let me know the extent of your interest. That is, would you be willing to consider an offer made before the end of June, but not after that? Or until the end of July? Or would you be willing to consider an offer even at the end of August? Or are you somewhere in between? Is your acceptance dependent on some factor other than timing, like financial aid? Any information you can provide at this point would be very helpful.

Whatever your decision about the waitlist, I would like to thank you for having participated in this necessary, but difficult, phase of our admissions process. You are a great candidate, and we appreciate your interest in Michigan.

SCZ

Sarah C. Zearfoss
Assistant Dean and Director of Admissions
The University of Michigan Law School
726 Oakland Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Telephone: 734.764.0537
Fax: 734.647.3218

queenofhearts

Postby queenofhearts » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:19 am

Teoeo wrote:Just got the email guys.

+1

169/3.62

Teoeo

Postby Teoeo » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:22 am

any idea how many of us are still on the waitlist at this point?

philosoraptor

Postby philosoraptor » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:25 am

Just got the e-mail as well. Surprisingly candid. Could have sworn the initial WL was just a courtesy, but apparently not. Now I'm torn about whether to stay on...

Teoeo

Postby Teoeo » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:28 am

philosoraptor wrote:Just got the e-mail as well. Surprisingly candid. Could have sworn the initial WL was just a courtesy, but apparently not. Now I'm torn about whether to stay on...

I think you should withdraw =)

Prime12

Postby Prime12 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:32 am

me 2. Got the email.

pelmen74

Postby pelmen74 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:33 am

lawschoollll wrote:
As we enter June and our second deposit deadline approaches, we at Michigan have released many of the candidates who agreed to participate in our waitlist, and so we have just a few strong candidates remaining: you are one of them. While we made only a handful of offers in May, and currently have a full class, it is hard to predict what our June 15 second deposit deadline will bring. We expect this to be an unusually volatile summer because of the waitlist activity of other schools, and therefore anticipate that some people who are currently enrolled will have made other plans and decline to submit the second deposit. I am writing now, therefore, to assess your interest in remaining on the waiting list.

If you are sure you are no longer willing to consider an offer, I would be very grateful if you would let me know by responding to this email.

If, on the other hand, you are still willing to consider a offer, it would be wonderful if you could let me know the extent of your interest. That is, would you be willing to consider an offer made before the end of June, but not after that? Or until the end of July? Or would you be willing to consider an offer even at the end of August? Or are you somewhere in between? Is your acceptance dependent on some factor other than timing, like financial aid? Any information you can provide at this point would be very helpful.

Whatever your decision about the waitlist, I would like to thank you for having participated in this necessary, but difficult, phase of our admissions process. You are a great candidate, and we appreciate your interest in Michigan.

SCZ

Sarah C. Zearfoss
726 Oakland Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48104

So should I write another LOCI in response or should I simply answer yes/no, June/July answer?
Also, I got this with 170/3.7.

P.S.- did anyone not get this email?
Last edited by pelmen74 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:36 am

pelmen74 wrote:
lawschoollll wrote:

SCZ

Sarah C. Zearfoss
726 Oakland Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48104

So are they expecting another LOCI in response to this or a simply yes/no, June/July answer?
Also, I got this as well with 170/3.7.

P.S.- did anyone not get this email?

Just a quick note in response would be appropriate, not a full LOCI. Something like:

"I am writing to inform you that I remain interested in Michigan Law and would like to remain on the waitlist. Michigan remains my clear top choice and I appreciate the opportunity to remain in consideration for the incoming class."

Or something to that effect.

philosoraptor

Postby philosoraptor » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:38 am

Teoeo wrote:
philosoraptor wrote:Just got the e-mail as well. Surprisingly candid. Could have sworn the initial WL was just a courtesy, but apparently not. Now I'm torn about whether to stay on...

I think you should withdraw =)
lol, I hear you. It's not a question of interest in UMich, as I've always had a thing for them, but I'm also pretty far into the process at UT. Haven't signed a lease in Austin yet, though. :?

cheesus

Postby cheesus » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:40 am

Just got the 2nd email also.
171 / 3.47

Anyone going to include a request for financial aid in their LOCI, or do you think it's a trap to weed out people who are not fully commited to Michigan?

robotoroboto

Postby robotoroboto » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:44 am

I just got the e-mail as well.

I haven't really been thinking about Michigan that much--I kind of saw it as a lost cause...I wonder how serious this is?

calgal17

Postby calgal17 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:35 am

I got it too! To be honest, I'm really surprised. I thought for sure it would be a rejection email. I don't know what to do!

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:55 am

Got it as well. Would LOVE to go to Mich. One of my best friends is starting 1L there in the fall too, and I have another good friend over in Detroit. I feel like I'll have to withdraw though once I put money down on a place in Ithaca. :(

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”