Worst Cycle of the Year award

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CardinalRules

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year award

Postby CardinalRules » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:05 pm

agentzer0 wrote:here's how this will play out for OP:

Goes to USC, realizes how f#$%ing amazing it is living in Southern California where its warm and sunny 24/7/365. Additionally, OP is surrounded by gorgeous women; more than one of whom are very enticed by the prospect of dating/sleeping with a future graduate of one of the 4 best law schools on the west coast. OP grades onto law review at USC lands BigLaw in L.A. as economy rebounds under the new Governor. OP leverages BigLaw Salary into marrying super-hot gf and enters unspoken agreement where he pays for her woman-of leisure lifestyle and in return gets the best freakiest sex any of us can imagine. Then, after this wild freaky sex, OP plays a round of golf and heads to the beach... in January. Because he lives in Sunny Southern California. He looks back years later at TLS and this thread... and chuckles.

/thread

TITCR.

DallasCowboy

Postby DallasCowboy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:12 pm

I've gotta be an honorable mention. 172, 3.8 and shut out of the T10, albeit I only applied to 5 of them.

adameus

Postby adameus » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:15 pm

DallasCowboy wrote:I've gotta be an honorable mention. 172, 3.8 and shut out of the T10, albeit I only applied to 5 of them.

wow! You get my vote, which of the T10 did you apply? If its the T5 then its not terrible but still somewhat suprising.

Richie Tenenbaum

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:15 pm

jfonz wrote:
Richie Tenenbaum wrote:
LieutKaffee wrote:I nominate myself. Still haven't gotten in anywhere in the top 50. At this rate, I'll be playing the WL game with half the T14 and I won't know where I'm going until August. And that's being optimistic.

LSN Results

Does anyone want to try to compete with this? AKA make me feel better about my lack of success?

My results for the T14 i applied to: 2 rejections, 3 WL's, 2 acceptances, 1 hold, and 2 pending. Not terrible, but with an LSAT above the 75th percentile for all schools applied to except Columbia and a GPA hovering around the 25th percentile for most I thought my cycle would have a few more acceptances by now.

Strange Cycle out here at Windswept Fields.

:lol: :lol:

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:17 pm

DallasCowboy wrote:I've gotta be an honorable mention. 172, 3.8 and shut out of the T10, albeit I only applied to 5 of them.

Damn dude that's rough. I have the exact same stats and have been pretty blessed.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:19 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:

Damn dude that's rough. I have the exact same stats and have been pretty blessed.

Want me to hand you some more salt??

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:21 pm

I can see being shut out of Columbia, Chicago, and MVPB due to YP/holistic admissions. But NYU should be a slam dunk.
Last edited by im_blue on Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:22 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:

Sorry, it's been a rough week for me. Don't mean to come off as an ass. Just surprised is all. DallasCowboy, which schools did you apply to?

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:24 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
CardinalRules wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:

Sorry, it's been a rough week for me. Don't mean to come off as an ass. Just surprised is all. DallasCowboy, which schools did you apply to?

Any time that you get a rough week, reread your handwritten note and pour some coffee in that mug. :wink: BTW, I wouldn't put Columbia in either the YP or the holistic piles.

DallasCowboy

Postby DallasCowboy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:25 pm

Yeah, denied HSV, Reserve Columbia, grade request NYU (unfulfilled). My only regret is that I didn't apply to B.

LSN/avatar will be back up after this week's campus visit to somewhere 8) .

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:27 pm

DallasCowboy wrote:Yeah, denied HSV, Reserve Columbia, grade request NYU (unfulfilled). My only regret is that I didn't apply to B.

Is it too late to apply to more T14's?

D. H2Oman

Postby D. H2Oman » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:28 pm

172 2.8, shutout at top 100 so far. But who knows, I feel pretty good about my Brooklyn waitlist.

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:29 pm

DallasCowboy wrote:Yeah, denied HSV, Reserve Columbia, grade request NYU (unfulfilled). My only regret is that I didn't apply to B.

H and S are crapshoots for anyone, and V is notorious for YP. Grade requests are good (Columbia asked me for one and I later got accepted) -- send and updated transcript and I'm pretty darn sure NYU will accept you.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:30 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
send an updated transcript and I'm pretty darn sure NYU will accept you.

+1.

DallasCowboy

Postby DallasCowboy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:31 pm

Would a small GPA decrease affect my current scholarship offers?

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:35 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:

H and S are crapshoots for anyone, and V is notorious for YP. Grade requests are good (Columbia asked me for one and I later got accepted) -- send and updated transcript and I'm pretty darn sure NYU will accept you.

+1, although I'm assuming he has a good reason for not having sent them by now.

Stringer Bell

Postby Stringer Bell » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:36 pm

D. H2Oman wrote:172 2.8, shutout at top 100 so far. But who knows, I feel pretty good about my Brooklyn waitlist.

It is the best law school in Brooklyn.

BioEBear2010

Postby BioEBear2010 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:38 pm

im_blue wrote:

When you assume, you make an...assumption.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:43 pm

im_blue wrote:
BioEBear2010 wrote:

Yes, I don't understand that part. Is there somewhere that you've been admitted where you would rather go?

DallasCowboy

Postby DallasCowboy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:50 pm

I got a couple B's in the fall in tough classes. Back when I got the request, I was still waiting on UVA and didn't want to mess that up. Fail.

Edit: They want grades sent to LSAC :?

tomhobbes

Postby tomhobbes » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:52 pm

BioEBear2010 wrote:
im_blue wrote:

When you assume, you make an...assumption.

You know, I have no opinion about this matter other than that curry is awesome, and you know what, that's not even the issue at hand, so I really do have no opinion about the matter.
Last edited by tomhobbes on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:54 pm

Edit to reflect edit of TH's post.
Last edited by CardinalRules on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yeff

Postby yeff » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:32 pm

Goes to USC, realizes how f#$%ing amazing it is living in Southern California where its warm and sunny 24/7/365. Additionally, OP is surrounded by gorgeous women; more than one of whom are very enticed by the prospect of dating/sleeping with a future graduate of one of the 4 best law schools on the west coast. OP grades onto law review at USC lands BigLaw in L.A. as economy rebounds under the new Governor. OP leverages BigLaw Salary into marrying super-hot gf and enters unspoken agreement where he pays for her woman-of leisure lifestyle and in return gets the best freakiest sex any of us can imagine. Then, after this wild freaky sex, OP plays a round of golf and heads to the beach... in January. Because he lives in Sunny Southern California. He looks back years later at TLS and this thread... and chuckles.

/thread

Though I'm not fan of the Governator, California's economic woes won't be solved by a change at the top. Prop 13 and the super-majority requirements placed on the budget and revenue are the underlying problem, and deeper political reform is needed.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:34 pm

yeff wrote:

/thread

Though I'm not fan of the Governator, California's economic woes won't be solved by a change at the top. Prop 13 and the super-majority requirements placed on the budget and revenue are the underlying problem, and deeper political reform is needed.

I would love to take a shot at organizing that reform if I get out of law school fast enough! :D

yeff

Postby yeff » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:37 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
yeff wrote:

/thread

I would love to take a shot at organizing that reform if I get out of law school fast enough! :D

Do it! Although with Congress headed in a similar direction (where minority party has both the incentive and ability to prevent the majority party from governing) California might be the least of our worries.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”