Worst Cycle of the Year award

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Lieut Kaffee
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:01 am

Worst Cycle of the Year award

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:57 pm

I nominate myself. Still haven't gotten in anywhere in the top 50. At this rate, I'll be playing the WL game with half the T14 and I won't know where I'm going until August. And that's being optimistic.

LSN Results

Does anyone want to try to compete with this? AKA make me feel better about my lack of success?

musicfor18
Posts: 692
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year award

Postby musicfor18 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:59 pm

Judging by your LSN profile, you'll definitely be getting several acceptances from the schools you're still waiting to hear from!

itsfine
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:07 am

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year award

Postby itsfine » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:59 pm

LieutKaffee wrote:I nominate myself. Still haven't gotten in anywhere in the top 50. At this rate, I'll be playing the WL game with half the T14 and I won't know where I'm going until August. And that's being optimistic.

LSN Results

Does anyone want to try to compete with this? AKA make me feel better about my lack of success?



too early for you to win this, and id say you arent going to win either. But the nomination seems appropriate. but i dont like your chances of winning the award.

finalaspects
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year award

Postby finalaspects » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:01 pm


User avatar
Lieut Kaffee
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:01 am

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year award

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:01 pm

musicfor18 wrote:Judging by your LSN profile, you'll definitely be getting several acceptances from the schools you're still waiting to hear from!


But it's amazing how things change from October to February, isn't it? Back then, I was on a high from my LSAT results and the TLS feedback was that I'd sail into most of the T14. Now I've been waitlisted at arguably the two easiest T14 eggs to crack, Duke and Georgetown. Not to mention I was rejected at NYU ED with numbers that are usually auto-admit.

You're right, I expect Pepperdine won't be my only offer of admission. Hopefully Fordham and some of those schools in the 20s will bite. But it's hard to get excited about that given what my expectations used to be.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year award

Postby Kim617 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:02 pm

I don't know if it'll make you feel better, but I got rejected from NYU, waitlisted at Columbia, waitlisted on Duke's priority track, ignored by UVA and Fordham, and got my one acceptance from Georgetown (love you GULC <3). I only applied to 6 schools.

You and I are the only red dots in our area at NYU, except while they averaged your LSAT scores, I only took it once, so you know they really hated me.

I'm sure you'll get accepted to a T14, they're not going to ignore that 172! I'm sorry it's going poorly so far, but keep your head up!

User avatar
hotdog123
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year award

Postby hotdog123 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:03 pm

There's a lot of people who would give their left nut to be in your position, so don't throw a pity party just yet.

ram jam
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:32 pm

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year award

Postby ram jam » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:03 pm



Yes, this guy wins...

User avatar
Lieut Kaffee
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:01 am

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year award

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:04 pm



Those rejections certainly don't look very friendly. It's hard for me to know what a 168/3.1 is supposed to expect, since all my research last fall was based on my numbers. Part of the disappointment for me is the huge disconnect between my expectations and my actual results. If my numbers were lower, being shut out of the T14 would be an easier pill to swallow.

User avatar
Lieut Kaffee
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:01 am

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year award

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:05 pm

Kim617 wrote:I don't know if it'll make you feel better, but I got rejected from NYU, waitlisted at Columbia, waitlisted on Duke's priority track, ignored by UVA and Fordham, and got my one acceptance from Georgetown (love you GULC <3). I only applied to 6 schools.

You and I are the only red dots in our area at NYU, except while they averaged your LSAT scores, I only took it once, so you know they really hated me.

I'm sure you'll get accepted to a T14, they're not going to ignore that 172! I'm sorry it's going poorly so far, but keep your head up!


Thanks for the input. Rejected at NYU and WL at Columbia, huh? Just the idea that CLS is capable of rendering a more favorable decision than their Manhattan neighbor provides a little ray of sunshine on my day.

User avatar
jdhopeful11
Posts: 481
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:39 pm

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year award

Postby jdhopeful11 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:06 pm

sorry but the two profiles posted on this thread are both BORING. There is nothing that stands out about you people besides your numbers. Thats all you are, numbers. There's your explanation, sorry about being brutally honest.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year award

Postby Kim617 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:07 pm

LieutKaffee wrote:


Those rejections certainly don't look very friendly. It's hard for me to know what a 168/3.1 is supposed to expect, since all my research last fall was based on my numbers. Part of the disappointment for me is the huge disconnect between my expectations and my actual results. If my numbers were lower, being shut out of the T14 would be an easier pill to swallow.


Exactly. No offense to finalaspects, but with a 3.1 GPA maybe they should have applied to some schools outside the T20. 168 is a solid LSAT, but the GPA definitely brought down the chances for T20. I think that's the difference for you, LieutKaffee, I understand what you mean.

orphanarium
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year award

Postby orphanarium » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:07 pm

...
Last edited by orphanarium on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Lieut Kaffee
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:01 am

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year award

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:07 pm

DonnyMost wrote:There's a lot of people who would give their left nut to be in your position, so don't throw a pity party just yet.


Numbers-wise or results-wise? Be careful not to confuse the two. I hate elitist bastards on TLS who whine about numbers that most people envy, and it's not lost on my that my LSAT score is in the top 1%.

Still, for anyone who puts some planning and research into their application cycle (so that they have an appropriate number of reaches, targets, safeties, etc.), getting nothing but WL sucks.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year award

Postby 09042014 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:08 pm

LieutKaffee wrote:I nominate myself. Still haven't gotten in anywhere in the top 50. At this rate, I'll be playing the WL game with half the T14 and I won't know where I'm going until August. And that's being optimistic.

LSN Results

Does anyone want to try to compete with this? AKA make me feel better about my lack of success?


Dude those Gtttown and Duke WL hurt.

If you've got any work experience you are probably in at Northwestern.

User avatar
ec2xs
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:05 am

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year award

Postby ec2xs » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:08 pm


The only surprise on there is the waitlist at Fordham. Sorry, but I have similar numbers and I barely even considered applying to GULC, never mind the majority of the T14s. Those results make sense.

User avatar
hotdog123
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year award

Postby hotdog123 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:08 pm

LieutKaffee wrote:
DonnyMost wrote:There's a lot of people who would give their left nut to be in your position, so don't throw a pity party just yet.


Numbers-wise or results-wise?


Both.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year award

Postby Kim617 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:08 pm

LieutKaffee wrote:
Kim617 wrote:I don't know if it'll make you feel better, but I got rejected from NYU, waitlisted at Columbia, waitlisted on Duke's priority track, ignored by UVA and Fordham, and got my one acceptance from Georgetown (love you GULC <3). I only applied to 6 schools.

You and I are the only red dots in our area at NYU, except while they averaged your LSAT scores, I only took it once, so you know they really hated me.

I'm sure you'll get accepted to a T14, they're not going to ignore that 172! I'm sorry it's going poorly so far, but keep your head up!


Thanks for the input. Rejected at NYU and WL at Columbia, huh? Just the idea that CLS is capable of rendering a more favorable decision than their Manhattan neighbor provides a little ray of sunshine on my day.

Ha, you know I was a little shocked when I got my rejection. I expected a WL, but I was like WTF?! Columbia at least gave me a soft rejection.

User avatar
Richie Tenenbaum
Posts: 2162
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 am

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year award

Postby Richie Tenenbaum » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:09 pm

andyman wrote:sorry but the two profiles posted on this thread are both BORING. There is nothing that stands out about you people besides your numbers. Thats all you are, numbers. There's your explanation, sorry about being brutally honest.


The school school application process revolves around numbers. If you have a vanilla app with strong numbers, you're still going to be accepted. Now, if you have some flaws in your app package, that can make a school look past your numbers and decide they don't want/need you for other reasons.

User avatar
Lieut Kaffee
Posts: 774
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:01 am

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year award

Postby Lieut Kaffee » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:09 pm

andyman wrote:sorry but the two profiles posted on this thread are both BORING. There is nothing that stands out about you people besides your numbers. Thats all you are, numbers. There's your explanation, sorry about being brutally honest.


Brutal honesty should never be apologized for. I confess that a significant factor in my pre-cycle expectations was TLS feedback that numbers trump softs to a large degree.

User avatar
prezidentv8
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year award

Postby prezidentv8 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:10 pm

Kim617 wrote:I don't know if it'll make you feel better, but I got rejected from NYU, waitlisted at Columbia, waitlisted on Duke's priority track, ignored by UVA and Fordham, and got my one acceptance from Georgetown (love you GULC <3). I only applied to 6 schools.

You and I are the only red dots in our area at NYU, except while they averaged your LSAT scores, I only took it once, so you know they really hated me.

I'm sure you'll get accepted to a T14, they're not going to ignore that 172! I'm sorry it's going poorly so far, but keep your head up!


I was NYU's one red dot for a while last year.

User avatar
ec2xs
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:05 am

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year award

Postby ec2xs » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:10 pm

LieutKaffee wrote:
DonnyMost wrote:There's a lot of people who would give their left nut to be in your position, so don't throw a pity party just yet.


Numbers-wise or results-wise? Be careful not to confuse the two. I hate elitist bastards on TLS who whine about numbers that most people envy, and it's not lost on my that my LSAT score is in the top 1%.

Still, for anyone who puts some planning and research into their application cycle (so that they have an appropriate number of reaches, targets, safeties, etc.), getting nothing but WL sucks.


I have to agree. You sound like a kid whose silver spoon just hit the floor. No offense, but you'll get into at least one of those schools. No use making a thread to lament the fact that you were waitlisted by a ton of schools that people would kill to go to, with plenty left to hear from.

I agree, it sucks. But it's hard to throw you a pity party.

User avatar
PlugInBaby
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:40 am

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year award

Postby PlugInBaby » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:11 pm

andyman wrote:sorry but the two profiles posted on this thread are both BORING. There is nothing that stands out about you people besides your numbers. Thats all you are, numbers. There's your explanation, sorry about being brutally honest.


Cool troll bro.

User avatar
Borhas
Posts: 4855
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year award

Postby Borhas » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:13 pm



we reviewed your cycle, and have decided to deny you the award for worst cycle of the year. Unfortunately, while your cycle is surely one of the worst, there are many others that are definitely worse. It has been a competitive cycle and there just not enough awards to go around. We wish you luck on further endeavors, and would like to congratulate you on your decision to study law.
:mrgreen:
Last edited by Borhas on Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kim617
Posts: 784
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: Worst Cycle of the Year award

Postby Kim617 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:13 pm

ec2xs wrote:
LieutKaffee wrote:
DonnyMost wrote:There's a lot of people who would give their left nut to be in your position, so don't throw a pity party just yet.


Numbers-wise or results-wise? Be careful not to confuse the two. I hate elitist bastards on TLS who whine about numbers that most people envy, and it's not lost on my that my LSAT score is in the top 1%.

Still, for anyone who puts some planning and research into their application cycle (so that they have an appropriate number of reaches, targets, safeties, etc.), getting nothing but WL sucks.


I have to agree. You sound like a kid whose silver spoon just hit the floor. No offense, but you'll get into at least one of those schools. No use making a thread to lament the fact that you were waitlisted by a ton of schools that people would kill to go to, with plenty left to hear from.

I agree, it sucks. But it's hard to throw you a pity party.

I see where Kaffee is coming from. He worked hard and got that 172, and planned to apply. He's not upset just because he got certain results, but because they were so far from his expectations. People who get over 170 are allowed to get disappointed, moreso considering how hard it is to get that score and STILL not get in.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”