Under Review for since early december Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Waldo

New

Under Review for since early december

Post by Waldo » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:26 pm

Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone could share thoughts with me regarding my current situation. One of the schools (not t-14) that I applied to has had me under review for almost 3 months. They have been consistently giving out decisions, even to people who have applied much later than me. I have relatively low numbers for the school, a bit above 25% for LSAT and a bit above median for GPA (decent softs also). What is taking so long? If they are unsure about me, why am I not wait-listed (keeping in mind this schools has wait-listed and denied people already). I'm just really confused and stressed, any insight or thoughts would be appreciated. :D

Flanker1067

Silver

Re: Under Review for since early december

Post by Flanker1067 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:33 pm

I think its pretty common for this to happen if you are borderline any particular group. My opinion from your numbers would be that they are waiting to see how the class shapes up and who accepts before deciding whether to give you hope on the waitlist or not. Personal opinion, even if they waitlist you, you will be near the bottom and unlikely to get in. Note: this is all speculation, it's just how I think an admissions office operates.

Flanker1067

Silver

Post by Flanker1067 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:36 pm

I mean no offense by that last post. I think if I hadn't applied late, it would have happened to me too. Since I am late however, I will probably just get the ding from those schools.

get it to x

Bronze

Post by get it to x » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:40 pm

The long wait doesn't necessarily mean a rejection. The only thing I would say it's a clear indication of is that you're not an auto-admit which many applicants are not. The committee may want to re-read your application multiple times or may want to see how the class is shaping up over time. You may very well get in. There are lots of people on this website that are in the same boat as you are and had to/are waiting for an answer.

Waldo

New

Re: Under review since early december

Post by Waldo » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:51 pm

No offense taken btw Flanker, while its depressing to hear,but I've pretty much come to terms with my fate. However, I was hoping it would be the opposite of what you said, lol. Getittox, I appreciate the info...I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just me (they've passed their review deadline and then some).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”