University of Richmond???

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Zinn Man

University of Richmond???

Postby Zinn Man » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:29 pm

To my fellow applicants: Is anyone else frustrated with their delay in decision making? I know a few people have heard, but I think the majority of people have had zero contact besides the plethora of information cards received in the mail. I understand they offered a fee waiver and applications are up this year, but most other schools have kept up within the eight week period of getting a decision made, even those who have offered a fee waiver as well. I think a good comparison would be Seton Hall. They are ranked the same and I am imagining they have similar staff numbers as well as applicants (if not Seton Hall getting more). And yet, Seton Hall predicated their decisions being made on Jan. 15 (8-9 weeks since I applied) and sure enough, I received a decision the day of, including the scholarship offer!

I just do not understand the strategy here. Anybody who has applied to schools in late October/early November has heard from several schools including the scholarship info. I see myself withdrawing soon just because I will have finished my visits as well before I hear a word from them. I just don't get it. Anyone else feeling the frustration???

Zojirushi

Re: University of Richmond???

Postby Zojirushi » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:33 pm

They were the first school I heard from after going complete in November. I have heard from ~2/3 of my schools. Very responsive in my opinion.

whatchootalkinbout

Postby whatchootalkinbout » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:37 pm

Zojirushi wrote:They were the first school I heard from after going complete in November. I have heard from ~2/3 of my schools. Very responsive in my opinion.

+1. I got the acceptance phone call about 2-3 weeks after submitting my application. I actually think they have one of the most prompt and personable admissions office out of all the schools to which I applied. Maybe you should try shooting them an e-mail asking when you can expect a decision?

Zinn Man

Postby Zinn Man » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:52 pm

Well, maybe it is just me then. I thought I read on here a couple of weeks ago some other people dealing with the same issue. I did give them a call and they said they had all the information they needed and had to April 1 to give a decision. I don't have stellar numbers, but I've been a pretty successful applicant at other schools. I was complete around 11/2.

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:00 pm

I also went complete months ago, and have heard nothing. From LSN it looks like they only let autoadmits know early and wait things out. . .they seem to avoid the WL mess early on. . .

get it to x

Postby get it to x » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:51 am

Anyone know how reverse splitters do in Richmond's process? I looked at LSN and it seems like they're mostly waitlists, but am curious to know if there's a band of acceptances mixed in there that may not be showing up. Anyone with info from last year's cycle or just in general out there?

oberlin08

Postby oberlin08 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:52 am

They told me at the infosession that a vast majority of their decisions will come in march.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”