Hastings!?!?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MD/JD2B

Bronze

Hastings!?!?

Postby MD/JD2B » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:08 pm

I'm getting paranoid now....I see all you candidates with better numbers than me and I got in this week. Do they make mistakes? Could this be the seals who moved to the Oregon Coast having more free time to wreak havoc on humans?

OlderHopeful

New

Re: Hastings!?!?

Postby OlderHopeful » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:08 pm

My numbers are somewhat lower than yours on both ends and I was also admitted this week. It's interesting to note that I am also a non-traditional and older student -- I'll be in my forties when I graduate.

j.wellington

Bronze

Postby j.wellington » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:33 pm

I wouldn't worry; your numbers aren't bad. For what it's worth, it says in the TLS profile and I was told less explicitly by an admissions rep that it's one school where a strong personal statement really is valued.

MD/JD2B

Bronze

Postby MD/JD2B » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:41 pm

OlderHopeful wrote:My numbers are somewhat lower than yours on both ends and I was also admitted this week. It's interesting to note that I am also a non-traditional and older student -- I'll be in my forties when I graduate.

Great to hear from an "older" student! Congrats... I'll turn 50 the year we graduate! But the 50 of 2010 is the 30 of 25 years ago!

OlderHopeful

New

Postby OlderHopeful » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:08 pm

I completely agree with you!!! I was recently told to stop worrying about my age at graduation and focus on the fact that I will be doing what I want, whether I am 40, 50, 60, or 70. Knowing my personality, retirement is not a concept I will know :)

Looking forward to meeting you. Will you be at the ASD in March?

MD/JD2B wrote:
OlderHopeful wrote:My numbers are somewhat lower than yours on both ends and I was also admitted this week. It's interesting to note that I am also a non-traditional and older student -- I'll be in my forties when I graduate.

Great to hear from an "older" student! Congrats... I'll turn 50 the year we graduate! But the 50 of 2010 is the 30 of 25 years ago!

MD/JD2B

Bronze

Postby MD/JD2B » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:08 pm

To older hopeful: I will be at the March orientation day. Do you happen to know how many days a week classes
meet at Hastings? I still have a mindset of 5-7 days, like in medical school (depending on the year), but I'm sure that's not the case here.

OlderHopeful

New

Postby OlderHopeful » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:53 pm

I have no idea how many days a week classes are held. Having worked 60-80 hour weeks and looking after a family I’m not too worried about the intensity, although I believe classes are usually Mon-Fri.

I was also planning on attending the March ASD but it looks more like April for me now. I’d love to hear your feedback.

MD/JD2B

Bronze

Postby MD/JD2B » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:20 pm

OlderHopeful wrote:I have no idea how many days a week classes are held. Having worked 60-80 hour weeks and looking after a family I’m not too worried about the intensity, although I believe classes are usually Mon-Fri.

I was also planning on attending the March ASD but it looks more like April for me now. I’d love to hear your feedback.

I am also now going to be going to the April 17th ASD so, Ill see you there!

superman21

New

Postby superman21 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:26 pm

Hastings never makes mistakes

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?