Should I? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
stayway

Silver

Should I?

Post by stayway » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:23 pm

Well, I was posting on the other forum (LSD) about my waitlist situation and one of the individuals on there told me that his/her friend was quite successful in getting off the waitlist by offering them to put the deposit down ASAP because it shows certainty.

Should I try this? I mean I already said in my LOCI that I am 100% willing to withdraw all my other applications if I were to be accepted by them. I also sent the associate dean a follow-up e-mail and told her the same thing as well.

By offering the deposit on the spot seems a little radical and rude to me. Anyone have any suggestions? Experiences? Success?

Thanks.

amputatedbrain

Bronze

Re: Should I?

Post by amputatedbrain » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:27 pm

It's an interesting suggestion . . . my gut feeling is that it's a bad idea. If you've already told them you would withdraw other apps and attend, I think they are probably assuming you will pay the deposit, so I don't think it adds much substance, and sounds a little strange I think. But if it's a long shot school anyway, I can't imagine it could do much damage if you want to use it as a hail mary.

stayway

Silver

Re: Should I?

Post by stayway » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:07 am

amputatedbrain wrote:It's an interesting suggestion . . . my gut feeling is that it's a bad idea. If you've already told them you would withdraw other apps and attend, I think they are probably assuming you will pay the deposit, so I don't think it adds much substance, and sounds a little strange I think. But if it's a long shot school anyway, I can't imagine it could do much damage if you want to use it as a hail mary.
that is exactly what I was thinking. It's kind of a long shot school in a sense. GW PT with 159/3.33. I applied thinking I was auto-reject but secretly hoping for a miracle. and half-miracle occurred so far.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”