Georgia State University - 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sarahd
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: Georgia State University - 2010

Postby sarahd » Wed May 12, 2010 7:06 am

lookingforlaw wrote:Random call from Dr. George today. I missed it, but she said to call back tomorrow. Any idea what that's about?

nope, not a clue. But, let us know what happens.

CaptainSemantics
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:57 pm

Re: Georgia State University - 2010

Postby CaptainSemantics » Wed May 12, 2010 9:57 am

sarahd wrote:
lookingforlaw wrote:Random call from Dr. George today. I missed it, but she said to call back tomorrow. Any idea what that's about?

nope, not a clue. But, let us know what happens.


I'm interested, too. :) Hope it's good news!

DLS22
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: Georgia State University - 2010

Postby DLS22 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:25 pm

Anyone on the waitlist received any correspondence lately?

boadicea
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: Georgia State University - 2010

Postby boadicea » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:54 pm

DLS22 wrote:Anyone on the waitlist received any correspondence lately?


nope.

DLS22
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:21 pm

Re: Georgia State University - 2010

Postby DLS22 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:04 pm

At least I'm not alone. I got an email about a month ago that said I have "priority" status on the list, but nothing since then. I'm starting to think that the decision will be last minute.

sarahd
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: Georgia State University - 2010

Postby sarahd » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:34 pm

Not on wait list, but first week of June I got a letter requesting that I send in a card by 6/15 (yesterday) stating whether I still intended to attend and confirming my address. I assume the same letter went to all who paid a deposit and they were hoping to confirm attendance. Perhaps they will be able to take people off the wait list as soon as they determine who still intends to attend in the fall.

User avatar
ScndCareertyme
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:31 pm

Re: Georgia State University - 2010

Postby ScndCareertyme » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:36 am

If I can get off the damn WL at my other two schools, I'll be vacating a spot. I took the LSAT in june to further that goal. However I still sent in that post card.

User avatar
ScndCareertyme
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:31 pm

Re: Georgia State University - 2010

Postby ScndCareertyme » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:26 am

I'll be officially withdrawing today from GSU. Good Luck to everybody, esp. those on WL!

lookingforlaw
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:34 pm

Re: Georgia State University - 2010

Postby lookingforlaw » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:08 am

Did anyone get an unusual update to their student account this week? I received an e-mail in June that they had incorrectly assessed fees on my account, even though everything looked correct to me. This week, I received an update saying they fixed everything, but it looks incorrect now. I received an OOS waiver, per the law school, but looking at my student account, it looks as though I received a full tuition waiver. I plan on calling financial aid tomorrow morning, but I didn't know if anyone else was experiencing the similar issues and had a clue what is going on. :o)

sarahd
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: Georgia State University - 2010

Postby sarahd » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:07 pm

lookingforlaw wrote:Did anyone get an unusual update to their student account this week? I received an e-mail in June that they had incorrectly assessed fees on my account, even though everything looked correct to me. This week, I received an update saying they fixed everything, but it looks incorrect now. I received an OOS waiver, per the law school, but looking at my student account, it looks as though I received a full tuition waiver. I plan on calling financial aid tomorrow morning, but I didn't know if anyone else was experiencing the similar issues and had a clue what is going on. :o)



I got the same emails, but nothing has changed to my accounts as a result...still showing negative $150 for my law school deposit...that is it. No charges, etc.

poil28
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:33 pm

Re: Georgia State University - 2010

Postby poil28 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:42 am

I've got a perhaps dumb question but... when do we incoming 1Ls get our class schedules? I got a letter in June stating that "in the very near future, you will receive an email confirmation regarding your schedule and fees." I've checked both my Panther email and my regular email that GA State had on file prior to my registering as a student, and I've seen no such email.

Maybe they have a different definition of "very near future" than I do? Anyone know any info about class schedules? Thanks.

EDIT: I just called Admissions; nice guy who picked up the phone said schedules to be mailed next week. Cool.

sarahd
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: Georgia State University - 2010

Postby sarahd » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:00 pm

poil28 wrote:I've got a perhaps dumb question but... when do we incoming 1Ls get our class schedules? I got a letter in June stating that "in the very near future, you will receive an email confirmation regarding your schedule and fees." I've checked both my Panther email and my regular email that GA State had on file prior to my registering as a student, and I've seen no such email.

Maybe they have a different definition of "very near future" than I do? Anyone know any info about class schedules? Thanks.

EDIT: I just called Admissions; nice guy who picked up the phone said schedules to be mailed next week. Cool.


Not a dumb question...I emailed admissions yesterday and asked the same thing. You and I have the same definition of "very near future" which is obviously different then their's... :lol: They did not respond yet to my email, so thank you for calling & posting the update with the news that next week we should have them. I really do not like doing things last minute, so this is driving me nuts!

mbutterfly
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:17 pm

Re: Georgia State University - 2010

Postby mbutterfly » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:12 pm

Did anyone sign up as a Day & Evening student?

moviechicka
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:45 pm

Re: Georgia State University - 2010

Postby moviechicka » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:59 pm

The schedules for GSU have been posted on PAWS & GoSolar.

mbutterfly
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:17 pm

Re: Georgia State University - 2010

Postby mbutterfly » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:53 pm

Anyone else's still not posted? It should be under concise schedule/weekly schedule under the registration tab correct? Mines still unavailable :(

sarahd
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: Georgia State University - 2010

Postby sarahd » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:16 pm

mbutterfly wrote:Anyone else's still not posted? It should be under concise schedule/weekly schedule under the registration tab correct? Mines still unavailable :(


Mine is also not yet available:) Received a response last night to an email I sent last week: "Thank you for contacting me. Registration for first year students began this week. The College of Law Registrar will contact you via your Georgia State student email account when your schedule is ready to view. Once your schedule has posted you should be able to review your student account balance. The deadline for tuition payment for Fall 2010 is August 20th."

So it should show up in the next couple of days.

mbutterfly
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:17 pm

Re: Georgia State University - 2010

Postby mbutterfly » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:19 pm

Mine's up yo

sarahd
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: Georgia State University - 2010

Postby sarahd » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:00 pm

Me too...

mbutterfly
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:17 pm

Re: Georgia State University - 2010

Postby mbutterfly » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:46 pm

Do you think it'd be possible to switch my schedule around? Every time I call the GSU Law office, I get sent to a voicemail machine and my call is never returned.

Should I ask this during orientation?

sarahd
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: Georgia State University - 2010

Postby sarahd » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:58 pm

mbutterfly wrote:Do you think it'd be possible to switch my schedule around? Every time I call the GSU Law office, I get sent to a voicemail machine and my call is never returned.

Should I ask this during orientation?


If you have a legitimate reason for switching things (a mistake made in registering you for the wrong program for example), I would recommend contacting the law school registrar via email. Their emails can be found on the gsu website. If you don't have a legitimate reason (work conflict/registered you for night when you requested day), I don't know if they will change anything.

They are very busy I'm sure, so calling right now will not likely get a timely response. I would not necessarily wait for orientation unless it is a very minor reason for the change.

mbutterfly
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:17 pm

Re: Georgia State University - 2010

Postby mbutterfly » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:20 pm

Has GSU officially e-mailed or mailed incoming students that their schedules are available?

sarahd
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: Georgia State University - 2010

Postby sarahd » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:44 pm

mbutterfly wrote:Has GSU officially e-mailed or mailed incoming students that their schedules are available?

I got email confirmation that my schedule was ready.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eastring and 10 guests