Etiquette for notifying LOR writers

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
orphanarium

Etiquette for notifying LOR writers

Postby orphanarium » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:55 pm

Last edited by orphanarium on Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PoorOrpheus

Re: Etiquette for notifying LOR writers

Postby PoorOrpheus » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:04 pm

orphanarium wrote:I have just started to get into law schools and was wondering what the etiquette for notifying LOR writers was. Should I notify them every time? Or should I just notify them every time I get into a better school than one I have already told them about? All of them have told me to keep them posted. Thanks for the advice ahead of time!

They may care, but I doubt they care that much. I would notify them once and that's when you decide what school you will be attending.

mountaintime

Postby mountaintime » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:37 am

I used my first acceptance as an opportunity to send my LORs informal thank yous. I'm going to thank them again once I figure out where I will matriculate.

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:43 am

Your LOR writers suck! Mine text me every day to ask how my cycles going? When I fowarded my rejection email from GULC (No shock there 166LSAT+White) the Judge who wrote my LOR replied in a one line email, "Fuck Georgetown." When I got waitlisted at UVA (which I'm actually upset about--unlike GULC), one offered to take me out to a bar and buy me a a beer.

God I <3 my LOR writers.

Anyway, to answer your question, I think informal notifications are best. At least of the good stuff. It will make them feel like they didn't waste their time.

smartblonde87

Postby smartblonde87 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:00 pm

PoorOrpheus wrote:
orphanarium wrote:I have just started to get into law schools and was wondering what the etiquette for notifying LOR writers was. Should I notify them every time? Or should I just notify them every time I get into a better school than one I have already told them about? All of them have told me to keep them posted. Thanks for the advice ahead of time!

They may care, but I doubt they care that much. I would notify them once and that's when you decide what school you will be attending.

+1

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”