George Washington University Waitlist Pool

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
daagermy1

Re: George Washington University Waitlist Pool

Postby daagermy1 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:46 pm

Joining the thread. ED-deferred PT waitlist.

166/3.67

Good luck everyone!

dudders

Postby dudders » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:10 pm

Dear waitlisters:
I'm admitted for next year but thought the waitlisters might like to see the e-mail I just got. Looks like the waitlisters may be waiting longer.

-----
We have been receiving a number of requests from admitted applicants for extensions of our first seat deposit deadline. We appreciate that choosing which law school you will attend is an important decision and that you are considering a number of factors very carefully. We also understand that many admitted applicants are still waiting to receive need-based financial aid decisions.

Dean Lawrence and the entire GW Law family are committed to doing whatever we can to help you as you make your decision. Toward that end, we are extending our first seat deposit deadline from April 15th to May 1st. I am pleased to get this word out to you -- sooner rather than later -- in an effort to lessen any anxiety and pressure you may be starting to feel.

So -- if you wish to reserve your seat in our fall 2010 entering class, please complete the Intent Form we included in your acceptance package and return that completed form to us, along with your first seat deposit in the amount of $500.00, no later than May 1, 2010 (must be postmarked by May 1st). Please note that seat deposits must be in the form of a check or money order, made payable to "The George Washington University," and that all seat deposits are nonrefundable. Please send your form and seat deposit to:

GW Law - Admissions
700 20th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052

As always, please let me know if you have questions or if I may be of assistance as you prepare to begin your legal studies -- I hope at GW Law!

Anne
-- Anne M. Richard
Associate Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid
The George Washington University Law School
700 20th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052
(202) 994-7235

beebs

Postby beebs » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:12 pm

Just withdrew. Hope a TLSer gets my spot. Good luck to all.

LaurenGayle

Postby LaurenGayle » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:32 pm

I withdrew yesterday as well. Good luck to all of you!!

sk08

Postby sk08 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:58 pm

dudders wrote:Dear waitlisters:
I'm admitted for next year but thought the waitlisters might like to see the e-mail I just got. Looks like the waitlisters may be waiting longer.

-----
We have been receiving a number of requests from admitted applicants for extensions of our first seat deposit deadline. We appreciate that choosing which law school you will attend is an important decision and that you are considering a number of factors very carefully. We also understand that many admitted applicants are still waiting to receive need-based financial aid decisions.

Dean Lawrence and the entire GW Law family are committed to doing whatever we can to help you as you make your decision. Toward that end, we are extending our first seat deposit deadline from April 15th to May 1st. I am pleased to get this word out to you -- sooner rather than later -- in an effort to lessen any anxiety and pressure you may be starting to feel.

So -- if you wish to reserve your seat in our fall 2010 entering class, please complete the Intent Form we included in your acceptance package and return that completed form to us, along with your first seat deposit in the amount of $500.00, no later than May 1, 2010 (must be postmarked by May 1st). Please note that seat deposits must be in the form of a check or money order, made payable to "The George Washington University," and that all seat deposits are nonrefundable. Please send your form and seat deposit to:

GW Law - Admissions
700 20th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052

As always, please let me know if you have questions or if I may be of assistance as you prepare to begin your legal studies -- I hope at GW Law!

Anne
-- Anne M. Richard
700 20th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052
(202) 994-7235

This is really helpful to know, thanks for posting!

daagermy1

Postby daagermy1 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:16 pm

sk08 wrote:

-----

GW Law - Admissions
700 20th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052

Anne
-- Anne M. Richard
700 20th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052
(202) 994-7235

This is really helpful to know, thanks for posting!

+1 thanks for the heads up!

pertristis

Postby pertristis » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:02 pm

Withdrawing from the waitlist as we speak. (An acceptance at GULC made that decision simple.) Good luck, everyone.

daagermy1

Postby daagermy1 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:28 pm

pertristis wrote:Withdrawing from the waitlist as we speak. (An acceptance at GULC made that decision simple.) Good luck, everyone.

Congrats! Very simple decision, indeed.

burkinafaso

Postby burkinafaso » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:32 pm

Another PT waitlister here. Gonna stay on until the very end - GW is my first choice.

My scores aren't great, I won't lie (low 160s, 3.5ish, Engineer). However, I have a decent amount of experience, and I also plan on staying at my job for the long run - so I wrote that in my LOCI and will hopefully get a good letter...eventually...even if it's August...

Any other PT waiters out there?
Last edited by burkinafaso on Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:42 pm

burkinafaso wrote:Another PT waitlister here. Gonna stay on until the very end - GW is my first choice.

My scores aren't great, I won't lie (low 160s, 3.5ish, Engineer with a Master's). However, I have a decent amount of experience, and I also plan on staying at my job for the long run - so I wrote that in my LOCI and will hopefully get a good letter...eventually...even if it's August...

Yeah, but it's hard for me to imagine accepting an offer even if I get one. If I get in off the WL, I'll visit and give it a chance.

daagermy1

Postby daagermy1 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:58 pm

burkinafaso wrote:Another PT waitlister here. Gonna stay on until the very end - GW is my first choice.

My scores aren't great, I won't lie (low 160s, 3.5ish, Engineer with a Master's). However, I have a decent amount of experience, and I also plan on staying at my job for the long run - so I wrote that in my LOCI and will hopefully get a good letter...eventually...even if it's August...

+1 PT waiter. Visiting GW today. With only 50ish spots in the PT program now, might be tough to get off the waitlist. But here's to hoping for the both of us!

burkinafaso

Postby burkinafaso » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:01 pm

daagermy1 wrote:+1 PT waiter. Visiting GW today. With only 50ish spots in the PT program now, might be tough to get off the waitlist. But here's to hoping for the both of us!

I'd heard that also. I don't want to ask them how long the waitlist is - I'm not interested in making it look like I'm trying to hedge my bets or something :)

But...do you know how deep the waitlist is? I have this sense that it can't be more than 25 or 30...but that's really a shot in the dark.

gwuorbust

Postby gwuorbust » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:40 pm

-----

GW Law - Admissions
700 20th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052

Anne
-- Anne M. Richard
700 20th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052
(202) 994-7235

oh God, now we are going to have to wait at least until the middle of May.

burkinafaso wrote:
daagermy1 wrote:+1 PT waiter. Visiting GW today. With only 50ish spots in the PT program now, might be tough to get off the waitlist. But here's to hoping for the both of us!

I'd heard that also. I don't want to ask them how long the waitlist is - I'm not interested in making it look like I'm trying to hedge my bets or something :)

But...do you know how deep the waitlist is? I have this sense that it can't be more than 25 or 30...but that's really a shot in the dark.

I feel like it is prob much larger than that -- I have spoken to a good number of ppl waiting. also, if you look at LSN there are more ppl WL than accepted, which make me think there are prob upwards of 90 ppl on the WL (they have about a 50% yield for PT and w/ 50 slots I guess that they accepted about ~90 ppl). Overall, I think there is going to be about 5 PT slots for WL candidates, though last year they didn't take any on LSN.

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:17 pm

Another FT Waitlister here, and I'll be in it for the long haul. Ive wanted to go to GW for a long time.

stayway

Postby stayway » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:38 pm

anyone get accepted off of the waitlist yet?

burkinafaso

Postby burkinafaso » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:49 pm

nooyyllib wrote:anyone get accepted off of the waitlist yet?

Based on the email above that extends the deposit date until May 1, I don't think we'll be hearing ANYTHING until May 10th or so :(

stayway

Postby stayway » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:24 pm

Oh and I'm a PT waitlister too... with extremely low numbers 159/3.33....its a miracle that i even got waitlisted...

daagermy1

Postby daagermy1 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:23 pm

Anyone send an LOCI? If so, did you get any response or confirmation?

stayway

Postby stayway » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:13 pm

daagermy1 wrote:Anyone send an LOCI? If so, did you get any response or confirmation?

I actually handed my in to the office when i made the visit. the lady just told me she was going to put it in my file and that was it.

i might send in another one.

i did e-mail dean richard but no reply. maybe she was busy.

gwuorbust

Postby gwuorbust » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:14 pm

sent two LOCI's, no response. I think they just put it in your file.

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:56 pm

Just withdrew. Good luck everyone.

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:05 pm

[]
Last edited by quadsixm on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GermX

Postby GermX » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:33 pm

I might withdraw soon, trying to decide between this and Fordham and leaning towards Fordham so far.

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:43 pm

[]
Last edited by quadsixm on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

musicfor18

Postby musicfor18 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:08 pm

daagermy1 wrote:Anyone send an LOCI? If so, did you get any response or confirmation?

I sent a LOCI by email and received a response saying it had been added to my file.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”