George Washington University Waitlist Pool

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rejectmaster

Re: George Washington University Waitlist Pool

Postby rejectmaster » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:59 am

Dudes -
I got this e-mail today

Good morning.

In the past several days, I have received several inquiries about deferrals. At GW Law, we consider requests for deferrals on a case-by-case basis and grant them very liberally.

If you are seriously considering requesting a deferral of your fall 2010 admission to GW Law, please let me know as soon as possible. As I am sure you can appreciate, we need to fill the seats of admitted students who defer their admission -- and there are a number of wait-listed candidates anxiously hoping that we will be able to admit them. It is so much better for everyone if we can avoid last-minute deferrals.

We hope and assume that you are ready and excited about joining us at GW Law next month -- and that you are getting everything in your life squared away in preparation for your GW Law adventure. However, if you are giving any thought to seeking a deferral and want to talk about it, please let me know. I will be travelling for the next several days, but will try to check my e-mail frequently while I am away and will be available on my cell phone -- so please send me an e-mail if you want to talk and I will get back in touch with you as quickly as possible.

Thank you.

Anne
-- Anne M. Richard
Associate Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid
The George Washington University Law School
700 20th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052
(202) 994-7235

Looks like she's encouraging potential deferring student to alert the school as soon as possible to make room for some waitlisted people.

good luck

otherside220

Postby otherside220 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:29 pm

rejectmaster wrote:Dudes -
I got this e-mail today

Good morning.

In the past several days, I have received several inquiries about deferrals. At GW Law, we consider requests for deferrals on a case-by-case basis and grant them very liberally.

If you are seriously considering requesting a deferral of your fall 2010 admission to GW Law, please let me know as soon as possible. As I am sure you can appreciate, we need to fill the seats of admitted students who defer their admission -- and there are a number of wait-listed candidates anxiously hoping that we will be able to admit them. It is so much better for everyone if we can avoid last-minute deferrals.

We hope and assume that you are ready and excited about joining us at GW Law next month -- and that you are getting everything in your life squared away in preparation for your GW Law adventure. However, if you are giving any thought to seeking a deferral and want to talk about it, please let me know. I will be travelling for the next several days, but will try to check my e-mail frequently while I am away and will be available on my cell phone -- so please send me an e-mail if you want to talk and I will get back in touch with you as quickly as possible.

Thank you.

Anne
-- Anne M. Richard
Associate Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid
The George Washington University Law School
700 20th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052
(202) 994-7235

Looks like she's encouraging potential deferring student to alert the school as soon as possible to make room for some waitlisted people.

good luck

so good to know, thanks for sharing rejectmaster. she is so on top of this, i can't imagine other deans being nearly as proactive with weekly update e-mails and reminders for those debating deferrals. of course, at the bottom line, it is about filling every seat, but i can appreciate that the system allows her interests to be aligned with ours, and that she is good at doing her job

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:41 pm

otherside220 wrote:so good to know, thanks for sharing rejectmaster. she is so on top of this, i can't imagine other deans being nearly as proactive with weekly update e-mails and reminders for those debating deferrals. of course, at the bottom line, it is about filling every seat, but i can appreciate that the system allows her interests to be aligned with ours, and that she is good at doing her job

+1, Dean Richard has acquitted herself very well in this process, I wish other law schools were this communicative.

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:56 pm

[]
Last edited by quadsixm on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SummerLaw

Postby SummerLaw » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:04 pm

Thank you for sending that, rejectmaster!

Have we confirmed that only certain people received this weeks update about making other plans? Or did that go to everyone?

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:23 pm

SummerLaw wrote:Thank you for sending that, rejectmaster!

Have we confirmed that only certain people received this weeks update about making other plans? Or did that go to everyone?

Only certain people - Others got a different email last Friday

SummerLaw

Postby SummerLaw » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:54 pm

Did anyone get an email last week?

GermX

Postby GermX » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:03 pm

Dean Richards is pretty amazing as far as deans are concerned, I was very impressed with the admissions process, it made picking GW as my school a pretty easy choice :)

tesoro

Postby tesoro » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:55 pm

I withdrew from waitlists at GW and everwhere else last week. So the rest of you have one less competitor. Good luck-

servinDizzert

Postby servinDizzert » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:01 pm

SummerLaw wrote:Did anyone get an email last week?

I received that half-rejection letter from the waitlist around the 20th but my buddy received the same email this sat or sun night, almost a week later (he has similar numbers but with a higher gpa 3.84).

My guess is that Dean Richards has cut the waitlist down to about 10 ppl. So if you havent gotten that one email yet I would guess that you have a pretty good shot at getting in. All speculation tho

primusux

Postby primusux » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:43 pm

servinDizzert wrote:

I received that half-rejection letter from the waitlist around the 20th but my buddy received the same email this sat or sun night, almost a week later (he has similar numbers but with a higher gpa 3.84).

My guess is that Dean Richards has cut the waitlist down to about 10 ppl. So if you havent gotten that one email yet I would guess that you have a pretty good shot at getting in. All speculation tho

10 people? no way man...didn't they have 400+ at some point?

servinDizzert

Postby servinDizzert » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:50 pm

primusux wrote:
servinDizzert wrote:

I think it was down to around 200 at some point. My buddy and I have pretty competitive numbers for GWASH (URM and Whitey) so I cant imagine many ppl with better numbers.

***What I meant to say is that I think only about 10 or so ppl DIDN'T receive that email telling us to move on.

primusux

Postby primusux » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:57 pm

servinDizzert wrote:
primusux wrote:
servinDizzert wrote:

I think it was down to around 200 at some point. My buddy and I have pretty competitive numbers for GWASH (URM and Whitey) so I cant imagine many ppl with better numbers.

***What I meant to say is that I think only about 10 or so ppl DIDN'T receive that email telling us to move on.

Well I guess I'm one of those then. That would be interesting for sure.

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:00 pm

Yeah there was another one. Nothing new, though.

DPT

Postby DPT » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:35 pm

Hello everyone,

I also got the "regular", keep waiting, e-mail last week but have not received the "you're not getting in" one that was sent to some ppl. If indeed there are just around 10 ppl left in the wait list, and if I am one of them, this would be great news. However, I don't want to put my hopes and expectations too high, specially based on an unverified assumption. So, I guess the saying that goes "hope for the best, be prepared for the worst" applies here folks.

Best of luck to all of you, and above all, be happy.

Cheers!

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:58 pm

So where are you guys getting this 10 people left on the WL number? I haven't been keeping up with it too much, except that I did get an email the other day saying to keep waiting. I'm actually amused by these updates, because I withdrew back in March, and yet I still get the emails.

SummerLaw

Postby SummerLaw » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:25 am

For those of you who didnt get the email telling you to move on - what are your numbers? I thought my #s were up there especially for part time but apparently not...

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:43 am

SummerLaw wrote:For those of you who didnt get the email telling you to move on - what are your numbers? I thought my #s were up there especially for part time but apparently not...

170/3.0x

SummerLaw

Postby SummerLaw » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:39 am

And where is everyone heading next month (assuming GW doesn't pull through)?

quadsixm

Postby quadsixm » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:30 pm

[]
Last edited by quadsixm on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caneman13

Postby caneman13 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:57 am

just withdrew, so there is at least one more spot open...good luck

servinDizzert

Postby servinDizzert » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:07 pm

caneman13 wrote:just withdrew, so there is at least one more spot open...good luck

Wow CONGRATS on Penn with those numbers. And thanks for the spot

primusux

Postby primusux » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:13 pm

servinDizzert wrote:
caneman13 wrote:just withdrew, so there is at least one more spot open...good luck

Wow CONGRATS on Penn with those numbers. And thanks for the spot

Seriously...what type of cancer did you cure?

daagermy1

Postby daagermy1 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:19 pm

Anyone else get the "GW Law - Final Decision" email today, relieving you from the wait list? Knew it was coming, but still a bummer.

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:38 pm

daagermy1 wrote:Anyone else get the "GW Law - Final Decision" email today, relieving you from the wait list? Knew it was coming, but still a bummer.

I got it too.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”