George Washington University Waitlist Pool

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
stayway

Re: George Washington University Waitlist Pool

Postby stayway » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:40 pm

anyone try e-mailing the dean richard for questions or calling her?

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:19 pm

nooyyllib wrote:
JusticeHarlan wrote:Also wait listed (deferred from ED, guess they just don't know what to make of me) and staying on. Good luck all!

IMHO, your numbers aren't good enough for GW ED (since they give full scholly). But surprised you were waitlisted for regular.

Good luck to all of us!

Yeah, ED was, in retrospect, a tactical mistake; if I was on this board and LSN beforehand I probably would have planned things differently.

As for RD, I'm not terribly surprised at the WL, looking at LSN, they seem to be aggressively trying to raise their LSAT. 168 seems to be the magic number this cycle, with 167 being a decent shot depending on GPA. 166s seem to be getting the wait list without a very strong GPA (with a couple of odd rejections thrown in there for whatever reason).

I wonder if this will signal a more active wait list, because I'm not sure they can fill their large class size with 168s and 167s. That's probably just wishful thinking, however.

shadow.

Postby shadow. » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:23 pm

Last edited by shadow. on Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:25 pm

shadow. wrote:Anyone have any thoughts re: my WL?

170/3.0, applied early Jan.

Visiting on Fri, going to write a LOCI afterwards.

Anything else I can do?

Any reason why I was WL?

Thanks!

171 3.2 here, applied in November. You are not alone. At least the WL letter is encouraging.

fwilliamgreen

Postby fwilliamgreen » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:09 pm

beef wellington wrote:
shadow. wrote:Anyone have any thoughts re: my WL?

170/3.0, applied early Jan.

Visiting on Fri, going to write a LOCI afterwards.

Anything else I can do?

Any reason why I was WL?

Thanks!

171 3.2 here, applied in November. You are not alone. At least the WL letter is encouraging.

170/2.95, WL. I wrote a LOCI - hoping they go deep into the list.

stayway

Postby stayway » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:07 pm

crappy 159/3.33 here....jesus you guys have good numbers. just go to t14 and leave me some spots open!

minuit

Postby minuit » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:13 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:looking at LSN, they seem to be aggressively trying to raise their LSAT. 168 seems to be the magic number this cycle, with 167 being a decent shot depending on GPA. 166s seem to be getting the wait list without a very strong GPA (with a couple of odd rejections thrown in there for whatever reason).

I think you are right - they are being very picky about GPAs, too. They are really trying to push themselves back up!

HondoK

Postby HondoK » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:10 am

Does anyone have any idea about when the wait list will start to move?

AllBusiness

Postby AllBusiness » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:04 am

HondoK wrote:Does anyone have any idea about when the wait list will start to move?

Also interested in an answer to this question.

sk08

Postby sk08 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:27 am

I would assume after the first deposit date (April 15?)...

I am WL for PT program

musicfor18

Postby musicfor18 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm

Got the waitlist letter today, too. My numbers are 167/3.7. I applied pretty late. The letter said they expect to admit people from the waitlist beginning in late April and possibly to go as late as July/August.

Kilpatrick

Postby Kilpatrick » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:14 pm

Last edited by Kilpatrick on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xiaolong

Postby Xiaolong » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:18 pm

Does GWs waitlist letter include a response form whether or not one wants to stay on the waitlist? Mine didn't and I thought that was kind of starnge.

Also, does anyone know if GW generally has merit aid for people who are waitlist->admitted?

musicfor18

Postby musicfor18 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:29 pm

Xiaolong wrote:Does GWs waitlist letter include a response form whether or not one wants to stay on the waitlist? Mine didn't and I thought that was kind of starnge.

Also, does anyone know if GW generally has merit aid for people who are waitlist->admitted?

no response form with mine, either.

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:29 pm

Xiaolong wrote:Does GWs waitlist letter include a response form whether or not one wants to stay on the waitlist? Mine didn't and I thought that was kind of starnge.

No response form, doubt there will be any merit aid left.

Bankhead

Postby Bankhead » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:36 pm

Good luck guys. This didn't go so well for us last year...

stayway

Postby stayway » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:57 pm

i'm willing to send sticker tuition $ which is probably same as me going to villanova with scholly

Bailarina08

Postby Bailarina08 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:03 pm

Bankhead wrote:Good luck guys. This didn't go so well for us last year...

Do you know how many people they took last year?

Also, I 167/3.38, really strong softs. I sent a LOCI and 2 recs, then visited last week. Is an another letter talking about how the visit reinforced my interest overkill?

Xiaolong

Postby Xiaolong » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:14 am

beef wellington wrote:

Don't you think that the people most likely to withdraw are people with good numbers (and therefore merit aid offers) that have more options, possibly in the T14? I would think that once people start withdrawing, quite a bit of money should be available again?!?

prolyphek

Postby prolyphek » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:16 am

Xiaolong wrote:
beef wellington wrote:

Don't you think that the people most likely to withdraw are people with good numbers (and therefore merit aid offers) that have more options, possibly in the T14? I would think that once people start withdrawing, quite a bit of money should be available again?!?

I was accepted by withdrew two weeks ago. I just wanted to drop by and say good luck everyone, hopefully one of you will get my spot!

Bailarina08

Postby Bailarina08 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:21 am

prolyphek wrote:
Xiaolong wrote:
beef wellington wrote:

I was accepted by withdrew two weeks ago. I just wanted to drop by and say good luck everyone, hopefully one of you will get my spot!

Thanks prolyphek! I'm sure everyone here appreciates that you've freed up a spot!

prolyphek

Postby prolyphek » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:22 am

Good Luck Everyone and pardon my typo...

ApexChaser

Postby ApexChaser » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:08 am

Xiaolong wrote:
beef wellington wrote:

From Dean Richard's email,
GW Law Merit Scholarship Awards

At this point, we have made a first round of merit scholarship awards. Merit scholarship award letters were included in the acceptance packages of those selected. Based upon the number of award recipients who have accepted thus far, as well as past experience, we think it is very unlikely that funds will become available to allow us to make a second round of merit scholarship awards.

Xiaolong

Postby Xiaolong » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:28 am

ApexChaser wrote:
Xiaolong wrote:
beef wellington wrote:

From Dean Richard's email,
GW Law Merit Scholarship Awards

At this point, we have made a first round of merit scholarship awards. Merit scholarship award letters were included in the acceptance packages of those selected. Based upon the number of award recipients who have accepted thus far, as well as past experience, we think it is very unlikely that funds will become available to allow us to make a second round of merit scholarship awards.

Thats bad. Thats bad. However maybe she is just referring to admitted applicanyts who didn't get merit aid. These people should not expect money later on. I am not sure if this also refers to waitlist->admitted people?!? I mean one would expect that at least some people with merit aid do not attend, so the question is what happens to that money?

I am def. not going to pay sticker at GW.

cochon

Postby cochon » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:51 am

Hi. Don't post much but just wanted to say that I received a WL letter in late January, but am withdrawing today. Good luck to everyone else!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”