George Washington University Waitlist Pool

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NU_Jet55

Re: George Washington University Waitlist Pool

Postby NU_Jet55 » Fri May 14, 2010 4:35 pm

sk08 wrote:
SummerLaw wrote:Just got an email from Dean Richard saying they admitted a number of people this week and anticipate that they will bring more on in the next few weeks and to hang tight. Anyone else??

+1...

i would really love to know if they expect to admit anyone into the part-time program. they rejected so many people they have to have an idea of where their class size stands.

+1

SummerLaw

Postby SummerLaw » Fri May 14, 2010 4:37 pm

Doodsmack wrote:Did people just get another WL update email inviting them to continue waiting?

Yeah I think thats more or less what my email said - "invite you to continue waiting" and "we certainly will invite you to be a part of our class if possible."

Wondering if there were different types of emails sent out...

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Fri May 14, 2010 4:43 pm

SummerLaw wrote:Wondering if there were different types of emails sent out...

I believe mine said "we hope law school purgatory is fun, because you'll be stuck there a little longer! *wink*"

I thought the wink at the end of the e-mail was a little weird at the time, but maybe it's just me.

Cognoscenti

Postby Cognoscenti » Fri May 14, 2010 4:43 pm

gwuorbust wrote:
Cognoscenti wrote:Got in this morning and I do not have a high GPA but do have a decent LSAT (168).

PT or FT ?

FT

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Fri May 14, 2010 4:50 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
SummerLaw wrote:Wondering if there were different types of emails sent out...

I believe mine said "we hope law school purgatory is fun, because you'll be stuck there a little longer! *wink*"

I thought the wink at the end of the e-mail was a little weird at the time, but maybe it's just me.

are you joking? your email really said that? lol.

I got the regular one...no winks included. oh well. I've essentially decided my plan of action anyhow. Good Luck, folks!

SummerLaw

Postby SummerLaw » Fri May 14, 2010 4:58 pm

So did everyone get the same email? Are they telling people not to keep waiting?

sk08

Postby sk08 » Fri May 14, 2010 4:59 pm

SummerLaw wrote:So did everyone get the same email? Are they telling people not to keep waiting?

at some point last year, they did release people from the waitlist but they did it by snail mail.

Mocker21

Postby Mocker21 » Fri May 14, 2010 5:05 pm

I was admitted FT.

I didn't see this new e-mail, but I really do think you guys should stay proactive with GW if you really want to get in. As I said before I received my offer this week, GW tends to send out a few offers in May and then a bunch more after the June 15th seat deposit deadline. They certainly wouldn't encourage anyone to drop off the wait list yet, and I doubt they will cut down the wait list until after the late June wait list offers go out.

So, yeah... I know it sucks staying in wait list hell for a while longer, but nobody should lose hope yet!

stayway

Postby stayway » Fri May 14, 2010 5:08 pm

so they released people from the waitlist before? (like a second rejection?)

autoding

Postby autoding » Fri May 14, 2010 5:10 pm

SummerLaw wrote:So did everyone get the same email? Are they telling people not to keep waiting?

You're not a unique flower, its obviously a form letter.

sk08

Postby sk08 » Fri May 14, 2010 5:10 pm

I do remember reading that from the waitling list thread last year, but I think it was later in the cycle. As Mocker pointed out, they wouldn't cut down the list, if at all, until after the second seat deposit b/c that would be too risky.

SummerLaw

Postby SummerLaw » Fri May 14, 2010 5:25 pm

autoding wrote:

duh it's a form but gulc sends out variations of the same letter with differences as small as one word. That's what I'm getting after.

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Fri May 14, 2010 5:28 pm

SummerLaw wrote:
autoding wrote:

duh it's a form but gulc sends out variations of the same letter with differences as small as one word. That's what I'm getting after.

So copy and paste your e-mail on the thread. I'll let you know if mine's any different.

autoding

Postby autoding » Fri May 14, 2010 5:28 pm

SummerLaw wrote:
autoding wrote:

Well this is GW not GU, and this is the 4th email we've gotten in the last week and half that have all been addressed to the entire WL, so use your logical reasoning skills.

Doodsmack

Postby Doodsmack » Fri May 14, 2010 5:31 pm

autoding wrote:
SummerLaw wrote:
autoding wrote:

Well this is GW not GU, and this is the 4th email we've gotten in the last week and half that have all been addressed to the entire WL, so use your logical reasoning skills.

Someone's mad lol

unknownscholar

Postby unknownscholar » Fri May 14, 2010 5:43 pm

autoding wrote:
SummerLaw wrote:
autoding wrote:

i think the only important difference b/w gulc and gwu is that gulc ranks its wait list, which explains why they send out variations of the same email, even at the same time.

But it doesn't exclude the possibility that gwu doesn't do the same thing in some form, though we can easily clear this up, at least to the extent that TLSers are representative. here's mine, and I'm below the medians:

I write with an update.

We admitted a limited number of wait-listed candidates this week. We anticipate that we will be making some additional offers in the upcoming weeks.

We would like to ask you to continue to wait with us. I am sorry that we are not able to offer you admission at this time, but we certainly will invite you to be part of our fall 2010 entering class if possible.

I will continue to provide weekly updates.

Thank you for your patience throughout this process. Have a good weekend.

Anne

SummerLaw

Postby SummerLaw » Fri May 14, 2010 5:55 pm

Well this is GW not GU, and this is the 4th email we've gotten in the last week and half that have all been addressed to the entire WL, so use your logical reasoning skills.[/quote]

Someone's mad lol[/quote]

Haha seriously. It's comical.

autoding

Postby autoding » Fri May 14, 2010 6:00 pm

Doodsmack wrote:
autoding wrote:

Someone's mad lol

Internet is serious bizness!!!

Naw..........didn't mean to come off angry, just thought it was a dumb question. No offense!

SummerLaw

Postby SummerLaw » Fri May 14, 2010 6:02 pm

autoding wrote:
Doodsmack wrote:
autoding wrote:

Someone's mad lol

Internet is serious bizness!!!

Naw..........didn't mean to come off angry, just thought it was a dumb question. No offense!

Haha k thanks for the evaluation.

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Fri May 14, 2010 6:07 pm

unknownscholar wrote:i think the only important difference b/w gulc and gwu is that gulc ranks its wait list, which explains why they send out variations of the same email, even at the same time.

But it doesn't exclude the possibility that gwu doesn't do the same thing in some form, though we can easily clear this up, at least to the extent that TLSers are representative. here's mine, and I'm below the medians:

I write with an update.

We admitted a limited number of wait-listed candidates this week. We anticipate that we will be making some additional offers in the upcoming weeks.

We would like to ask you to continue to wait with us. I am sorry that we are not able to offer you admission at this time, but we certainly will invite you to be part of our fall 2010 entering class if possible.

Anne

I received the exact same e-mail.

SummerLaw

Postby SummerLaw » Fri May 14, 2010 6:17 pm

To sk08 and the others who had something insightful to say in response to my question - thanks for the tips, didn't know too much about the waitlist releases but had thought it existed in previous years.

autoding

Postby autoding » Fri May 14, 2010 6:32 pm

SummerLaw wrote:To sk08 and the others who had something insightful to say in response to my question - thanks for the tips, didn't know too much about the waitlist releases but had thought it existed in previous years.

No problem.

Aston2412

Postby Aston2412 » Fri May 14, 2010 11:04 pm

Regrettably my LOCI and congressional letter of rec wouldn't have reached the office until today. That said I was asked to continue waiting.

Unfortunately this means I won't hear anything until the next deposit right? I think that's like, June 15.

I have a visit scheduled for Monday morning and I'm going to a reception for this year's graduates (which my brother is among) Saturday night. Hopefully these factors will have a positive yield in coming weeks.

things fall apart

Postby things fall apart » Mon May 17, 2010 12:30 pm

Man this school is lame, I hate waiting. I got the same email though.

I write with an update.

Anne

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Wed May 19, 2010 9:26 am

Ann Richard wrote:MissV,

Good morning.

Since we have not received your first seat deposit, we assume that you are not interested in joining us at GW Law. If this is not the case, please let me know right away by responding to this message or calling me at (202) 994-7235. If I do not hear from you by 5:00 p.m. tomorrow (Thursday, May 20th), we will offer your seat to one of our wait-listed candidates.

Thank you.

Anne
-- Anne M. Richard
Associate Dean for Admissions and Financial Aid
The George Washington University Law School
700 20th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052
(202) 994-7235

MissV wrote:Dean Richard,

Thank you for your consideration and the opportunity to be a member of GW Law's class of 2013. While I love the school and city, because of financial considerations I've decided to matriculate at a different institution. Please offer my seat to an anxious waitlisted applicant. Thank you again.

Sincerely,
MissV

You're welcome :wink: I hope my spot goes to one of you! Looks like you should be starting to hear back shortly .. perhaps as early as next week.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”