George Washington University Waitlist Pool Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
stayway

Silver

Re: George Washington University Waitlist Pool

Post by stayway » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:08 pm

what are people doing now? Should I write another LOCI or any supplements? Waiting for May 1st?

So they haven't looked at WL applicants yet?

ryguy

Bronze

Post by ryguy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:22 pm

GermX wrote:I might withdraw soon, trying to decide between this and Fordham and leaning towards Fordham so far.
GW ranks 20. Fordham drops....

HondoK

New

Post by HondoK » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:02 am

For those of you emailing LOCIs, who have you been emailing them to? I just tried to send one to the director of admissions and then to the asst. director, but they're both out of the office for the rest of this week...

burkinafaso

New

Post by burkinafaso » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:49 am

HondoK wrote:For those of you emailing LOCIs, who have you been emailing them to? I just tried to send one to the director of admissions and then to the asst. director, but they're both out of the office for the rest of this week...
The letter I received asked me to send everything to Dean Richard; I've only been sending things there.

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:46 pm

they are going to be "out of the office" (i think). the waitlist letter clearly states to mail all the materials.

btw. 5 people off of the waitlist last year. it looks gloomy for me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sk08

New

Post by sk08 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:33 pm

nooyyllib wrote:they are going to be "out of the office" (i think). the waitlist letter clearly states to mail all the materials.

who told you this? 5 people TOTAL? I find that very hard to believe... they opened up an entire additional section and towards the end were giving people off the wait list the choice of PT or FT.

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:56 pm

sk08 wrote:
nooyyllib wrote:they are going to be "out of the office" (i think). the waitlist letter clearly states to mail all the materials.

who told you this? 5 people TOTAL? I find that very hard to believe... they opened up an entire additional section and towards the end were giving people off the wait list the choice of PT or FT.
according to LSN. I can only hope.

you sure they allowed students who were accepted off of the WL to choose between PT and FT? Also, where did you hear yours? Do you think we won't hear anything until Early May (May 1st)?
Last edited by stayway on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sk08

New

Post by sk08 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:02 pm

nooyyllib wrote:
sk08 wrote:

clearly LSN is not representative of everyone on the waitlist and there is no way to verify that people update their accounts. I'm anxious about the waitlist too, but saying things like that is how people start panicking.

If you look at the thread for GW waitlist last year there were at least 2 people who said they were offered a spot off the waitlist and could choose which program. Also, via this same thread, they opened an additional 5th section and gave offers to those accepted PT to switch to this section.
Okay, back to work for me...
Last edited by sk08 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:05 pm

sk08 wrote:
nooyyllib wrote:
sk08 wrote:

clearly LSN is not representative of everyone on the waitlist and there is no way to verify that people update their accounts. I'm anxious about the waitlist too, but saying things like that is how people start panicking. Okay, back to work for me...
I'm SUPER anxious. I saw that info on GW accepted thread and almost had a heart attack.

*see edited post.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sk08

New

Post by sk08 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:33 pm

there is some movement on the Georgetown waitlist which may bode well for us. Surprising that this is already happening since the deposit isn't until May 3 (unless a lot of people withdrew in the past few days b/c of today's big deposit deadline?)
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... =7&t=99706

Let's just hope all of these people were planing to deposit to GW:)

musicfor18

Silver

Post by musicfor18 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:58 pm

sk08 wrote:there is some movement on the Georgetown waitlist which may bode well for us. Surprising that this is already happening since the deposit isn't until May 3 (unless a lot of people withdrew in the past few days b/c of today's big deposit deadline?)

I'm not sure the GULC waitlist movement really bears any significance for the GWu waitlisters. On the other hand, I hope there is some action soon!

quadsixm

Bronze

Post by quadsixm » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:07 pm

Why not? I would think there would be a large number of double-applicants.
musicfor18 wrote:
sk08 wrote:there is some movement on the Georgetown waitlist which may bode well for us. Surprising that this is already happening since the deposit isn't until May 3 (unless a lot of people withdrew in the past few days b/c of today's big deposit deadline?)

I'm not sure the GULC waitlist movement really bears any significance for the GWu waitlisters. On the other hand, I hope there is some action soon!

gwuorbust

Gold

Post by gwuorbust » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:06 pm

yeah that was five ppl on LSN. It is impossible to know exactly how representative that is, but I'd guess it translates to like ~30 off the WL from GWU last year.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:24 pm

May 1st: the wait begins officially.

Edit:-----

I know LSN is not representative but my numbers are literally the lowest (LSAT and GPA) among the non-URM applicants (159/3.33). Can anyone explain to me why GW would waitlist me and not reject me? Am I looking at a rejection May 2nd?

NU_Jet55

Silver

Post by NU_Jet55 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:29 pm

nooyyllib wrote:My numbers are literally the lowest (LSAT and GPA) among the non-URM applicants (159/3.33). Can anyone explain to me why GW would waitlist me and not reject me? Am I looking at a rejection May 2nd?
Question 1: They obviously liked the rest of your app enough to keep you around.

Question 2: Most likely.

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:32 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:
nooyyllib wrote:My numbers are literally the lowest (LSAT and GPA) among the non-URM applicants (159/3.33). Can anyone explain to me why GW would waitlist me and not reject me? Am I looking at a rejection May 2nd?
Question 1: They obviously liked the rest of your app enough to keep you around.

Question 2: Most likely.
Quite depressing reality. Fingers crossed (applied for PT)

Sent a LOCI promising them I'd attend if they accept me around February.

Sigh.

gwuorbust

Gold

Post by gwuorbust » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:56 pm

nooyyllib wrote:May 1st: the wait begins officially.

I know LSN is not representative but my numbers are literally the lowest (LSAT and GPA) among the non-URM applicants (159/3.33). Can anyone explain to me why GW would waitlist me and not reject me? Am I looking at a rejection May 2nd?
have you heard how long after the deposit deadline that they are going to let ppl off the WL know ?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:54 pm

gwuorbust wrote:
nooyyllib wrote:May 1st: the wait begins officially.

have you heard how long after the deposit deadline that they are going to let ppl off the WL know ?
no idea

megster_29

New

Post by megster_29 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:03 pm

Hi everyone. I just deferred today, so thats on seat open for someone from the waitlist. Good luck!!

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:53 pm

Thanks Meg!

Aston2412

Bronze

Post by Aston2412 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:50 am

I joined the GW waitlist pool yesterday (which I'm happy with because I was expecting a rejection) and coupled with the fortune cookie I got last week ("You will be offered the dream of a lifetime. Say yes!") I think it's looking good!

Anyway I've still got to do all the post-WL stuff. LOCI and more LoRs and stuff like that. I'm planning to mention that I sat in on some of my brother's (he's graduating from GW Law in three weeks) classes and spoke with some of the faculty and intone that I am VERY interested. Do you think it's going too far to tell them that if admitted I would definitely accept?

I'm also planning to let them know that if a FT slot doesn't open I'd be more than happy to take a PT position if they have one available - do you think this could hurt my chances of getting into the FT program?

Anyway, happy to meet everyone who's also in WL land. I hear last year they took a large number of WLers so maybe we'll be as lucky!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Sat May 01, 2010 2:56 pm

The deposit deadlines are today!

My LOCI #2 will be going out sometime next week!

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Sat May 01, 2010 3:24 pm

nooyyllib wrote:The deposit deadlines are today!

Curious, where and how did you send your #1 ?

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Sat May 01, 2010 7:06 pm

primusux wrote:
nooyyllib wrote:The deposit deadlines are today!

Curious, where and how did you send your #1 ?
I hand delivered mine to the secretary at the office when i was visiting back mid February

Aston2412

Bronze

Post by Aston2412 » Mon May 03, 2010 1:57 pm

I'm wondering if I should hand-deliver my LOCI - I won't be there until the 17th (for my brother's graduation) or if I should send one now (since deposits were just due) and then also deliver one when I visit?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”