If you could punch a law school in the face, which 1 and why

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jackster2

Re: If you could punch a law school in the face, which 1 and why

Postby jackster2 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:41 pm

My comment about criminal charges and it's relation to being a lawyer is serious. Don't you listen to the news? Ever heard of Watergate? They were all lawyers. Clinton going through everyones FBI file at the White House? A lawyer. Enron? Lawyers. The banks? Who do you think advises those scum?

The state Bar never disciplines a lawyer unless it's so flagrant they have no choice, YET if you drank beer when you were 19, well maybe you're not fit to be a lawyer?

reasonabledoubt

Postby reasonabledoubt » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:49 pm

jackster2 wrote:My comment about criminal charges and it's relation to being a lawyer is serious. Don't you listen to the news? Ever heard of Watergate? They were all lawyers. Clinton going through everyones FBI file at the White House? A lawyer. Enron? Lawyers. The banks? Who do you think advises those scum?

The state Bar never disciplines a lawyer unless it's so flagrant they have no choice, YET if you drank beer when you were 19, well maybe you're not fit to be a lawyer?

Agreed.

How about Spitzer - Harvard Law, 180 LSAT, loves hookers. Maybe ABA should ask, "what are your thoughts on hookers" during character/fitness.

Puffy

Postby Puffy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:50 pm

reasonabledoubt wrote:
jackster2 wrote:My comment about criminal charges and it's relation to being a lawyer is serious. Don't you listen to the news? Ever heard of Watergate? They were all lawyers. Clinton going through everyones FBI file at the White House? A lawyer. Enron? Lawyers. The banks? Who do you think advises those scum?

Agreed.

How about Spitzer - Harvard Law, 180 LSAT, loves hookers. Maybe ABA should ask, "what are your thoughts on hookers" during character/fitness.

what... what's wrong with hookers?

JusticeHarlan

Postby JusticeHarlan » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:51 pm

Any and all law schools that require Need Access.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:02 pm

Face Punch List:

Brooklyn Law School - 45k per year for a school that places slightly better than hofstra? Come on.

New York Law School - See Above

Hofstra - See MTV's Jersey Shore

Every school founded after 2000 - Thanks, but we already have too many law schools in the US.

Suffolk - See Brooklyn Law School above (and for some reason, people think this place is a fucking prestige pit)

NESL - See above

Any school below the top 30 charging as much as most of the schools within the top 30 - See Brooklyn Law School above

lawyerlover

Postby lawyerlover » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:03 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:Any and all law schools that require Need Access.

completely agreed - they will make it impossible for me

galahad85

Postby galahad85 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:05 pm

JusticeHarlan wrote:Any and all law schools that require Need Access.

+1

reasonabledoubt

Postby reasonabledoubt » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:05 pm

reasonable_man wrote:Face Punch List:

Brooklyn Law School - 45k per year for a school that places slightly better than hofstra? Come on.

Every school founded after 2000 - Thanks, but we already have too many law schools in the US.

Suffolk - See Brooklyn Law School above (and for some reason, people think this place is a fucking prestige pit)

NESL - See above

Any school below the top 30 charging as much as most of the schools within the top 30 - See Brooklyn Law School above

Primarily NY/east coast punch list, loves to punch a lot, Brooklyn's in the house.... Mike Tyson, is that you!? You're going to LS!? Uh oh, watch out though, per another thread I'm sure people are going to raise a stink about you being a convicted rapist. Anyways, knock'em out Mike.

dutchstriker

Postby dutchstriker » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:10 pm

reasonabledoubt wrote:How about Spitzer - Harvard Law, 180 LSAT, loves hookers. Maybe ABA should ask, "what are your thoughts on hookers" during character/fitness.

Even more impressive considering it only went up to 48 back then.

Edit: Or it may have been on the 200-800 scale. In which case Harvard had some really low standards back in the day.
Last edited by dutchstriker on Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reasonable_man

Postby reasonable_man » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:12 pm

reasonabledoubt wrote:

NESL - See above

Primarily NY/east coast punch list, loves to punch a lot, Brooklyn's in the house.... Mike Tyson, is that you!? You're going to LS!? Uh oh, watch out though, per another thread I'm sure people are going to raise a stink about you being a convicted rapist. Anyways, knock'em out Mike.

I believe Mike might have been from the bronx..

chadwick218

Postby chadwick218 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:17 pm

WUSTL ... I had deposited, but they basically ending up pulling my offer / scholarship once I was admitted to NU.

ornbarn

Postby ornbarn » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:19 pm

no one has said cooley yet?

Belili

Postby Belili » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:21 pm

Columbia - because I attend NYU and am contractually obligated to hate CLS.

reasonabledoubt

Postby reasonabledoubt » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:26 pm

dutchstriker wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:How about Spitzer - Harvard Law, 180 LSAT, loves hookers. Maybe ABA should ask, "what are your thoughts on hookers" during character/fitness.

Even more impressive considering it only went up to 48 back then.

Edit: Or it may have been on the 200-800 scale. In which case Harvard had some really low standards back in the day.

Hey take it easy Mr. editor... my mistake, but I read he got a perfect lsat score. Sorry about using the wrong scoring scale. I just punched you in the face for your tone.

reasonabledoubt

Postby reasonabledoubt » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:28 pm

reasonable_man wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:

NESL - See above

I believe Mike might have been from the bronx..

He did live at Bedford–Stuyvesant, Brooklyn.

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:34 pm

any law school that spams with "admissions" as the sender. I understand its a fair title, but i get soo excited anytime i see something from admissions only to find out its admissions at st thomas

StyrofoamWar

Postby StyrofoamWar » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:38 pm

Every single school that claims rolling admissions, but then randomly reviews applications in no order at all and actually seems to avoid early applicants like the plague.

Postby 09042014 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:40 pm

chadwick218 wrote:WUSTL ... I had deposited, but they basically ending up pulling my offer / scholarship once I was admitted to NU.

What?

holydonkey

Postby holydonkey » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:42 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
chadwick218 wrote:WUSTL ... I had deposited, but they basically ending up pulling my offer / scholarship once I was admitted to NU.

What?

+1

chadwick218

Postby chadwick218 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:43 pm

Desert Fox wrote:

What?

Again, I had deposited. Although WUSTL has no strict policy against depositing at multiple, some schools do ...

Postby 09042014 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:45 pm

chadwick218 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

What?

Again, I had deposited. Although WUSTL has no strict policy against depositing at multiple, some schools do ...

Did you deposit at NU as well?

chadwick218

Postby chadwick218 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:47 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
chadwick218 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:

What?

Did you deposit at NU as well?

Yes, but I was trying to wiggle more $ out of WUSTL. It wouldn't have mattered though ...

reasonabledoubt

Postby reasonabledoubt » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:49 pm

Edit: Not sure why the above matters.
Last edited by reasonabledoubt on Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gatorlion

Postby gatorlion » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:49 pm

StyrofoamWar wrote:Every single school that claims rolling admissions, but then randomly reviews applications in no order at all and actually seems to avoid early applicants like the plague.

+1 Not sure why I even bothered to apply so early (and by early I mean October in most cases) when I would be queued up for several months while auto-admits get good news 5 days after applying.

chadwick218

Postby chadwick218 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:50 pm

reasonabledoubt wrote:So you're saying Woostle dropped you in order to erase your leveraging power... what douches.

Indeed :wink: I just that they just rightly assumed that I wouldn't attend even if given more money!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”