Access Admissions Program Seattle Law

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
md;jdwannabe

Access Admissions Program Seattle Law

Postby md;jdwannabe » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:23 pm

Does anyone know about the Access Admissons Program at Seattle Law? I'm being considered for that given my background and would appreciate any additional information.

wizard

Re: Access Admissions Program Seattle Law

Postby wizard » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:08 am

I am also be considered for this program. What are your stats? All I know is that they consider 400 people for this program and have only 30 spots available. I'm considering writing a targeted letter expressing my interest in attending.

md;jdwannabe

Postby md;jdwannabe » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:26 pm

My stats ar lopsided; 3.64 from Stanford, class of 1984 (20 years experience as a physician) and a 151 LSAT score; excellent record as an academic physician ( >30 publications, expert witness work). Physically disabled as a result of a spinal injury two years ago, but almost fully functional. Got into a few schools but would prefer to start in the summer and stay in Seattle where I own a home. Also, Seattle U is very convenient if your movement is somewhat limited. Will retake the LSAT again after studying, which I didn't do the first time around--so I did well on ther reading and logical reasoning and essentially zip on the puzzles), and try to get a score closer to their median. The chances of getting into this Seattle U program are statistically dismal; I can wait another year. Health law and intellectual property law aren't going anywhere!

vacations

Postby vacations » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:42 pm

Hello, I'm being considered for this program as well. Can anyone share what they know about this program?

Many thanks.

wizard

Postby wizard » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:55 pm

Keepin it alive.... now on my second cycle I was accepted through this program with a 3.0/153. Now I am trying to decide between Suffolk and Seattle.... I know there is a huge difference in ranking but even though its cold as fuck in Boston, at least the sun shines sometimes. I think I might leap to my death if I lived in Seattle. Also, something to consider is that I have been wailisted at my top choice which is DU and if I start Seattle in June I cannot wait this out. I'm also waiting out the waitlist at Chapman. Also, If I go to Seattle I have to participate in their god-awful TWO YEAR legal writing program wheras every other law school on the planet only requires one year of legal writing. Also, because I am an access kid I would be subjected to having to get writing tutoring constantly and I do not want to be singled out as being the "special kid" in law school. Also, I'm prob the only white kid accepted through this program. Just some random thoughts.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”