Personal Statements

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
teiltom

Personal Statements

Postby teiltom » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:02 pm

Hi. I am applying to BYU and am just finishing my personal statement. Does anyone know where a sample personal statement to BYU can be found? Also, I am seeking advice on whether it is important to mention faith and experiences with the LDS church in the personal statement or whether it is better to leave that out? I am assuming most applicants have such experiences, but I am not sure if that type of information helps the admissions committee or whether it is just more for them to read. Comments are welcome.

Zapatero

Re: Personal Statements

Postby Zapatero » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:05 pm

I would imagine that most applicants will have similar content in their PS, but if it's important to you, and if you feel it's relevant, then put it in there. You might have trouble finding a BYU PS, but it's probably best to just write your own and see how it turns out.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”