UF Email

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

UF Email

Postby melaniec » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:30 pm

Hey, so I got this e-mail from UF:

Dear XX,
As a service to our applicants, the Levin College of Law has created a newsletter to keep you informed of important issues as well as of the practices and process for admission to the law school. We hope that you find the Prospective Students Update informative. For questions or concerns, please contact our office, at 352-273-0890, toll-free at 877-429-1297, or via email at admissions@law.ufl.edu.
At your service,
UF Law Office of Admissions

The first two paragraphs of the attachment:

Secondary Pool Applicants
As the University of Florida Levin College of Law Prospectus states, Priority Pool applications had to be electronically filed, via LSAC, by January 15, 2010. Applicants who transmitted their application after the January 15 filing deadline will be considered part of the Secondary Pool.
Secondary Pool applicants, including applicants whose incomplete applications are carried forward from the Priority Pool, will be considered after all applicants from the Priority Pool have been reviewed. Because it is possible that the Fall 2010 entering class may be filled from the Priority Pool, it is possible that Secondary Pool applicants may be considered only for placement on the Fall 2010 wait list and not for immediate admission to the Fall 2010 entering class.

HOWEVER, I was part of the priority pool ... I submitted my app January 14, and had all of my materials complete before their March 1st deadline... Should I be concerned?? Or am I just looking too much into this?

Re: UF Email

Postby 02092010 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:33 pm

Haha I was about to comment about this email. I'm not sure what UF is doing. I think u r reading too much though, I got the same email and was complete in dec

Postby melaniec » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:34 pm

ok phew!

Postby 98234872348 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:45 pm

I think this is just a form email that they send to all applicants, regardless of their application status. Although, admittedly, UF's admissions process could use a bit of streamlining (as could other things, such as the format of the University's website).

Good luck regardless.

Postby bqaggieboy09 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:27 pm

That is like the fourth such e-mail that I've received from UF. They send it out like every month it seems like. I've been complete at UF since 12/11 so I wouldn't worry about it.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”