Opened my mailbox, huge packet inside, but then . . .

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
amputatedbrain

Re: Opened my mailbox, huge packet inside, but then . . .

Postby amputatedbrain » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:47 am

They actually ran and got the guns from the glove compartment of their cars, but let us have our fun

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:54 am

gochrisgo wrote:
Did you... ah... did you read the story?

(two students who were police officers got their guns from their cars)

I haven't read it for a while, I just recalled that there was a shooting.

Thanks for clearing up the specifics, though.

darknightbegins

Postby darknightbegins » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:36 am

pleasetryagain wrote:ITT: TLSers take a blanket shit on people who cant get into top schools

I don't think shitting on schools like Regents and Cooley is being all that elitist. Cooley may be the worst ABA school in the country and Regents seems to not be all that useful unless you want to use a law degree to advance some fundamentalist Christian cause.

BenJ

Postby BenJ » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:54 am

darknightbegins wrote:
pleasetryagain wrote:ITT: TLSers take a blanket shit on people who cant get into top schools

I don't think shitting on schools like Regents and Cooley is being all that elitist. Cooley may be the worst ABA school in the country and Regents seems to not be all that useful unless you want to use a law degree to advance some fundamentalist Christian cause.

Furthermore, if you're seriously considering Thomas Jefferson as a possibility... just do something else with your life, or else retake the LSAT. TJ has a lower bar passage rate in California than some online law schools; it's that awful. What do you after graduating middle of the class at TJ and then failing the California bar? Not a legal profession, so why did you go to law school? Attending a school as bad as TJ is just throwing money away. There are very few schools that are so awful that this is the case (even some T4s have strong in-state bar passage rates, at least), but TJ is one of them.

hds2388

Postby hds2388 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:17 am

TrialsOfMiles wrote:Shouldn't a website called TLS ..."Top - Law - Schools" ... be entitled to at least some degree of elitism? Having just taken the Feb. LSAT, I am in no way an authority on the matter - however I certainly didn't spend months perusing these boards in hopes of finding the magic bullet to break 150 ..nay, it was more "how can I get a 170?"

Meaning, I came and stayed here for advice on how to get into TOP law schools. If I was aiming for < T30 then I would have googled (yes, the verb) "fair to good law schools....dot com"

IMO. :)

Newsflash, you're never entitled to elitism.

fulkersonr1

Postby fulkersonr1 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:50 pm

I think you can criticize a school without being elitist. If someone looked down at all or nearly all schools below their school that is def. elitist. I think some TTTT schools serve a good purpose and that people can go to them and be successful. For example I live in KY and Chase actually seems to be an ok option if you want to live in KY and cant get in to UK. Some schools with super high attrition rates and online schools can be seen as a joke because they are. They are more scams than legitimate schools.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”