VANDERBILT INTERVIEW

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
blackmamba76

VANDERBILT INTERVIEW

Postby blackmamba76 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:14 pm

I'm about to submit a request for an interview at Vandy, can anyone who is familiar with this process please tell me if the interview can help or hurt my chances. Also, what kind of questions should I expect during the interview. Since I'm in TN, I'll probably interview with an alumnus, any pros or cons to this? Please helpful responses would be appreciated. Thanks.

chicoalto0649

Re: VANDERBILT INTERVIEW

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:16 pm

blackmamba76 wrote:I'm about to submit a request for an interview at Vandy, can anyone who is familiar with this process please tell me if the interview can help or hurt my chances. Also, what kind of questions should I expect during the interview. Since I'm in TN, I'll probably interview with an alumnus, any pros or cons to this? Please helpful responses would be appreciated. Thanks.

The deadline was Dec 1. Your request will [strike]most likely[/strike] be turned down.

http://law.vanderbilt.edu/virtual-vuls/admissions-interviewing/index.aspx

cardinalandgold

Postby cardinalandgold » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:18 pm

blackmamba76 wrote:I'm about to submit a request for an interview at Vandy, can anyone who is familiar with this process please tell me if the interview can help or hurt my chances. Also, what kind of questions should I expect during the interview. Since I'm in TN, I'll probably interview with an alumnus, any pros or cons to this? Please helpful responses would be appreciated. Thanks.

Isn't December 1 the deadline for interview requests at Vandy?

nycparalegal

Postby nycparalegal » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:25 pm

Yes. There is no Vanderbilt Interview for the rest of the cycle.

blackmamba76

Postby blackmamba76 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:28 pm

nycparalegal wrote:Yes. There is no Vanderbilt Interview for the rest of the cycle.

Thanks guys, I wasn't aware of the deadline for the interview request.

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:43 pm

blackmamba76 wrote:
nycparalegal wrote:Yes. There is no Vanderbilt Interview for the rest of the cycle.

Thanks guys, I wasn't aware of the deadline for the interview request.

If you were going to be in Nashville, TN though you could always stop in at the law school and meet with someone in the admission office. It's not the same, but it's the next best thing at this point.

blackmamba76

Postby blackmamba76 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:49 pm

Actually, it won't be a bad idea if I'm heading that way to stop by. That might show them my dedication in getting into the law program.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”