In state at UT Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sternc

Bronze

In state at UT

Post by sternc » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:59 pm

How much does it actually help to be in-state when applyin to Texas? In other words, is there some sort of quantifiable amount of help in terms of LSAT score or GPA? I'm just kind of curious.

choochoo

Bronze

Re: In state at UT

Post by choochoo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:06 pm

sternc wrote:How much does it actually help to be in-state when applyin to Texas? In other words, is there some sort of quantifiable amount of help in terms of LSAT score or GPA? I'm just kind of curious.
I'm hoping it's a lot :)

louboutin

Bronze

Post by louboutin » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:08 pm

it does help a lot to be in-state. UT has to take like 2/3 of its class from in-state, if I'm not wrong.

Esc

Silver

Post by Esc » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:09 pm

sternc wrote:How much does it actually help to be in-state when applyin to Texas? In other words, is there some sort of quantifiable amount of help in terms of LSAT score or GPA? I'm just kind of curious.
You may have a better chance than a non-resident with identical numbers, but that doesn't mean you can skate in with lower numbers. The boost is negligible.

choochoo

Bronze

Post by choochoo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:24 pm

FWIW, I think the only reason I haven't been rejected yet is because I'm in state... Be on hold since mid-November

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”