Berkeley Support: UR early (Oct-Dec), No FR, just confused

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
parker09
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:15 am

Re: Berkeley Support: UR early (Oct-Dec), No FR, just confused

Postby parker09 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:44 pm

ugh. UGH.

User avatar
Havaianas
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Berkeley Support: UR early (Oct-Dec), No FR, just confused

Postby Havaianas » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:47 pm

glad to hear I'm not still alone at least. I hope someone from here finally gets some good news.

User avatar
parker09
Posts: 430
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:15 am

Re: Berkeley Support: UR early (Oct-Dec), No FR, just confused

Postby parker09 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:48 pm

Havaianas wrote:glad to hear I'm not still alone at least. I hope someone from here finally gets some good news.

At this point, I just want ANY news.

User avatar
michstudent10
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:49 pm

Re: Berkeley Support: UR early (Oct-Dec), No FR, just confused

Postby michstudent10 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:28 pm

Come on Berk... the silence is torture

thatcrazieguy
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:43 pm

Re: Berkeley Support: UR early (Oct-Dec), No FR, just confused

Postby thatcrazieguy » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:05 pm

conformalgeom wrote:
michstudent10 wrote:Anyone else still in this boat?


11/18 here and still waiting. I personally am expecting a ding, but who knows.


I'm with all of you guys: UR 11/18, 169/8.89 with two great softs. Why the fuck won't they just ax me, if that's what it's coming to!?

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6360
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Berkeley Support: UR early (Oct-Dec), No FR, just confused

Postby 5ky » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:07 pm

That's quite the GPA you have there.

User avatar
sandiecohen47
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Berkeley Support: UR early (Oct-Dec), No FR, just confused

Postby sandiecohen47 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:10 pm

I'm glad that people came back to the thread!

I'm still here, too. UR 11/18. 165/3.98. Decent softs. Increased levels of anxiety and pessimism.

WhatUpKells
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Re: Berkeley Support: UR early (Oct-Dec), No FR, just confused

Postby WhatUpKells » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:11 pm

11/9. Nothing yet. Nothing.

zenithtonadir
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:16 am

Re: Berkeley Support: UR early (Oct-Dec), No FR, just confused

Postby zenithtonadir » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:36 pm

So...when is this near future they were twittering about? Come on, come on, come on!

StrawberryRed89
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Berkeley Support: UR early (Oct-Dec), No FR, just confused

Postby StrawberryRed89 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:53 pm

WhatUpKells wrote:11/9. Nothing yet. Nothing.


+1

User avatar
michstudent10
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:49 pm

Re: Berkeley Support: UR early (Oct-Dec), No FR, just confused

Postby michstudent10 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:42 pm

Fingers crossed for good news this week :)



Haha I won't be smiling if the silence continues... Its so harddd

User avatar
sandiecohen47
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Berkeley Support: UR early (Oct-Dec), No FR, just confused

Postby sandiecohen47 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:00 pm

What do you all make of the most recent tweet?

"Decisions updates coming this week for many applicants. If I knew exactly when, I'd tell you. For now, my money's on some news tomorrow."

Do you think it's just for the FR group? Predictions?

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6360
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: Berkeley Support: UR early (Oct-Dec), No FR, just confused

Postby 5ky » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:05 pm

sandiecohen47 wrote:What do you all make of the most recent tweet?

"Decisions updates coming this week for many applicants. If I knew exactly when, I'd tell you. For now, my money's on some news tomorrow."

Do you think it's just for the FR group? Predictions?


Just them. I feel like we might get pushed to the second FR group for whatever reason.

User avatar
michstudent10
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:49 pm

Re: Berkeley Support: UR early (Oct-Dec), No FR, just confused

Postby michstudent10 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:09 pm

5ky wrote:
sandiecohen47 wrote:What do you all make of the most recent tweet?

"Decisions updates coming this week for many applicants. If I knew exactly when, I'd tell you. For now, my money's on some news tomorrow."

Do you think it's just for the FR group? Predictions?


Just them. I feel like we might get pushed to the second FR group for whatever reason.


First of all, its so funny that we all saw the twitter update within minutes of him posting.

Second, there's always the chance that its the regular (AR) applicants he's referring to & we're all going to get in tomorrow :D haha let's try for some optimism here!

User avatar
Havaianas
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Berkeley Support: UR early (Oct-Dec), No FR, just confused

Postby Havaianas » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:15 pm

michstudent10 wrote:.

Second, there's always the chance that its the regular (AR) applicants he's referring to & we're all going to get in tomorrow :D haha let's try for some optimism here!


yep - I vote we all get in tomorrow. via email right?

soyable
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:44 pm

Re: Berkeley Support: UR early (Oct-Dec), No FR, just confused

Postby soyable » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:51 pm

I've been UR since 11/30 :(

At this point, if I get an acceptance email from Berkeley, I'd assume Dean Tom accidentally hit the "send all" button again: http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/ ... aw_school_

thatcrazieguy
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:43 pm

Re: Berkeley Support: UR early (Oct-Dec), No FR, just confused

Postby thatcrazieguy » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:27 am

5ky wrote:That's quite the GPA you have there.


Woops, meant 3.89.

Anyone get news yet??

User avatar
klk
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:08 am

Re: Berkeley Support: UR early (Oct-Dec), No FR, just confused

Postby klk » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:32 am

Why did it take so long for me to find this thread!?!

I'm right there with you guys, hoping for something within the next few days/weeks. Berk is... awesome, and heart-wrenching.

conformalgeom
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:44 am

Re: Berkeley Support: UR early (Oct-Dec), No FR, just confused

Postby conformalgeom » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:07 am

Continuing to wait around for Berkeley while trying to quit smoking is getting rather annoying.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: Berkeley Support: UR early (Oct-Dec), No FR, just confused

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:37 pm

conformalgeom wrote:Continuing to wait around for Berkeley while trying to quit smoking is getting rather annoying.

Image

User avatar
michstudent10
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:49 pm

Re: Berkeley Support: UR early (Oct-Dec), No FR, just confused

Postby michstudent10 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:48 pm

T-12 minutes until Berk opens for the day!!

.....Obsessed much? That twitter post yesterday is definitely going to have me on the edge of my seat for the rest of the week!!

conformalgeom
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:44 am

Re: Berkeley Support: UR early (Oct-Dec), No FR, just confused

Postby conformalgeom » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:51 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
conformalgeom wrote:Continuing to wait around for Berkeley while trying to quit smoking is getting rather annoying.

Image


Haha. Thanks for that; needed something to take my mind off of cravings.

td6624
Posts: 551
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:45 pm

Re: Berkeley Support: UR early (Oct-Dec), No FR, just confused

Postby td6624 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:51 pm

michstudent10 wrote:T-12 minutes until Berk opens for the day!!

.....Obsessed much? That twitter post yesterday is definitely going to have me on the edge of my seat for the rest of the week!!


you are not alone.

User avatar
michstudent10
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:49 pm

Re: Berkeley Support: UR early (Oct-Dec), No FR, just confused

Postby michstudent10 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:57 pm

td6624 wrote:
michstudent10 wrote:T-12 minutes until Berk opens for the day!!

.....Obsessed much? That twitter post yesterday is definitely going to have me on the edge of my seat for the rest of the week!!


you are not alone.


Haha I'm happy I have somewhere to turn in my time of need :)

User avatar
sandiecohen47
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Berkeley Support: UR early (Oct-Dec), No FR, just confused

Postby sandiecohen47 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:59 pm

Guys, I don't know. Do you think Dean Tom might have to look over who the faculty accepted before putting us into reject/March FR/maybe admit groups? I'm hoping for news soon... but I'm not banking on it.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests