DAMN YOU, INFO PACKETS!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
tinsleyc1

DAMN YOU, INFO PACKETS!!

Postby tinsleyc1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:20 am

At my dorm, I get a package slip in the mail every time I get an acceptance packet. Well, I'm in at 7 of the 11 schools I applied to, but I'm still eagerly awaiting a decision from Notre Dame, Cornell, and Michigan (and Cincinnati. Sort of.). BUT I KEEP GETTING STUPID INFO PACKETS FROM SCHOOLS TO WHICH I'M ALREADY ACCEPTED. Half of them don't even have the financial aid information I'm waiting on. I can't handle the suspense of getting a package slip, waiting eagerly to see who sent it, and finding a financial aid-less info packet from CU-Boulder or UK any more. It's cool that you all want me to attend your schools, but fuck. Throw me a freaking bone. I guess what I'm really saying is that Notre Dame, Cornell, and Michigan should send me some damned letters so I can stop worrying about them one way or another. In the meantime, any info packets will be met with scorn.

MBZags

Re: DAMN YOU, INFO PACKETS!!

Postby MBZags » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:23 am

At least you didn't get a large packet of information from Golden Gate University.

Panther7

Postby Panther7 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:25 am

I love how I applied to Marquette, then about three weeks later I get a HUGE envelope containing..... a fee waiver.

maudlinstreet

Postby maudlinstreet » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:26 am

tinsleyc1 wrote:At my dorm, I get a package slip in the mail every time I get an acceptance packet. Well, I'm in at 7 of the 11 schools I applied to, but I'm still eagerly awaiting a decision from Notre Dame, Cornell, and Michigan (and Cincinnati. Sort of.). BUT I KEEP GETTING STUPID INFO PACKETS FROM SCHOOLS TO WHICH I'M ALREADY ACCEPTED. Half of them don't even have the financial aid information I'm waiting on. I can't handle the suspense of getting a package slip, waiting eagerly to see who sent it, and finding a financial aid-less info packet from CU-Boulder or UK any more. It's cool that you all want me to attend your schools, but fuck. Throw me a freaking bone. I guess what I'm really saying is that Notre Dame, Cornell, and Michigan should send me some damned letters so I can stop worrying about them one way or another. In the meantime, any info packets will be met with scorn.

Haha, this reminds me of something funny that happened to me recently. I was out of town, and I got my mom to check my mail regularly (we live nearby one another til I head off to law school in the fall). At any rate, I was semi-expecting a letter from Columbia (my #1 choice), and I called her up and asked her if I had any mail. Her response: "Oh yeah, you got a packet from Columbia........ I mean University of Chicago." I had already gotten into U Chicago a few days before, and they were just sending me informational stuff in the mail. Now, don't get me wrong - I'm very happy about U Chicago. But my reaction was pretty much: "... WHAAAAAT!"

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:27 am

maudlinstreet wrote:
tinsleyc1 wrote:At my dorm, I get a package slip in the mail every time I get an acceptance packet. Well, I'm in at 7 of the 11 schools I applied to, but I'm still eagerly awaiting a decision from Notre Dame, Cornell, and Michigan (and Cincinnati. Sort of.). BUT I KEEP GETTING STUPID INFO PACKETS FROM SCHOOLS TO WHICH I'M ALREADY ACCEPTED. Half of them don't even have the financial aid information I'm waiting on. I can't handle the suspense of getting a package slip, waiting eagerly to see who sent it, and finding a financial aid-less info packet from CU-Boulder or UK any more. It's cool that you all want me to attend your schools, but fuck. Throw me a freaking bone. I guess what I'm really saying is that Notre Dame, Cornell, and Michigan should send me some damned letters so I can stop worrying about them one way or another. In the meantime, any info packets will be met with scorn.

Haha, this reminds me of something funny that happened to me recently. I was out of town, and I got my mom to check my mail regularly (we live nearby one another til I head off to law school in the fall). At any rate, I was semi-expecting a letter from Columbia (my #1 choice), and I called her up and asked her if I had any mail. Her response: "Oh yeah, you got a packet from Columbia........ I mean University of Chicago." I had already gotten into U Chicago a few days before, and they were just sending me informational stuff in the mail. Now, don't get me wrong - I'm very happy about U Chicago. But my reaction was pretty much: "... WHAAAAAT!"

My mom made the exact same type of mistake, except she confused UCLA with USC.

smartin

Postby smartin » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:14 pm

MBZags wrote:At least you didn't get a large packet of information from Golden Gate University.

I did. Totally bummed me out.

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:19 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thickfreakness

Postby thickfreakness » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:23 pm

MBZags wrote:At least you didn't get a large packet of information from Golden Gate University.

+1

Straight into the recycling bin next to the mailboxes.

Philo38

Postby Philo38 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:25 pm

thickfreakness wrote:

+1

+1

I go through this like once a week with various schools. I'm thinking about changing my damn email address as well.

84Sunbird2000

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:26 pm

thickfreakness wrote:

+1

+ 1 (Not recycling, either :twisted: )

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”