DEBT vs LOCATION Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
haylie

New

DEBT vs LOCATION

Post by haylie » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:14 am

Which is more important in selecting school? Amount of debt you accrue after years or residing @ location of where you'd like to work post law school?

taw856

Bronze

Re: DEBT vs LOCATION

Post by taw856 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:29 am

Depends what tier we're talking. If it's a choice between t-14 schools, and one is significantly cheaper than another because of a scholarship offer -- the strength of the school will make up for the lack of proximity to where you want to be to enough of an extent to likely be worth taking the money.

On the other hand, if we're talking T2 schools, you'd be a fool to go to school in one region of the country with the intent of working in a completely different portion just for a tuition discount.

forty-two

Bronze

Post by forty-two » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:54 am

What about a T30? I know they're pretty regional, but 60K of debt just seems so much better than 180K.

ShibaDan

Bronze

Post by ShibaDan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:14 am

I have been having some definite sticker shock recently, and so I would consider to going to a lower ranked school with a scholly regardless of location.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”