Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BenJ

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby BenJ » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:38 pm

argylesocks wrote:Congrats to those that are IN! You guys have me staring at my phone now... just hoping that it will ring...

Do you think they'll call me if I'm abroad? They know I'm abroad, but I can still be reached at my regular US number. Ok, this is a lot of wishful thinking on my part, but I really, really, really want that call (like we all do) and I don't care if I have to pay $3/min for it!

They don't call most of the FR admits generally, just the ones that the FR committees turn in early. And I doubt they'd call you abroad anyway. But I hope you get the call, since it definitely would mean admission!

86revolt

Postby 86revolt » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:40 pm

schmo wrote:I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I usually don't post on TLS; I just like lurking. But wow. I'm in shock. I'm a Berkeley alum, so when I saw the 510 area code, I froze. It hasn't sunk in yet for me. I'm going to Berkeley!!!

hey, congrats, schmo! when i saw the 510 number i kinda got nervous too. and then he said this is dean edward tom and i almost lost it.

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:43 pm

congrats fellas, i can't properly express my jealousy. i just need this to be over so this horrible week can be completed and i can move on. :mrgreen:

elle

Postby elle » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:45 pm

BenJ wrote:
argylesocks wrote:Congrats to those that are IN! You guys have me staring at my phone now... just hoping that it will ring...

Do you think they'll call me if I'm abroad? They know I'm abroad, but I can still be reached at my regular US number. Ok, this is a lot of wishful thinking on my part, but I really, really, really want that call (like we all do) and I don't care if I have to pay $3/min for it!

They don't call most of the FR admits generally, just the ones that the FR committees turn in early. And I doubt they'd call you abroad anyway. But I hope you get the call, since it definitely would mean admission!

I am also abroad but I had my calls forwarded to my dad's cell in the US. was it easy to get your calls forwarded to your foreign cell? does berkeley actually have to dial the international number or just your US cell number? and...good luck! where are you by the way??

weee

Postby weee » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:47 pm

I was out of the office and just decided to walk down to check my office phone for a call, no call so I went to the bathroom, walk back in and my voicemail waiting light was on!!!

Then I checked to see what phone # the call was from turns out it is from one of my most irritating co-workers, so disappoint, oh well, back to work!

argylesocks

Postby argylesocks » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:57 pm

TWITTER UPDATE!

"Faculty Review decisions are slowly trickling in. Please bear with us as we have quite a few files to update" with a smiley face - maybe the smiley means they're admitting us all! hooray!
Last edited by argylesocks on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:00 pm

That update is up for me right now. Think they could start releasing e-mails tonight? It would be awesome if I could get my ding tonight...

elle

Postby elle » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:01 pm

argylesocks wrote:TWITTER UPDATE!

"Faculty Review decisions are slowly trickling in. Please bear with us, we have a quite a few files to update"

edit: GASP. It came up on my Twitter, and then I clicked to the BoaltAdmissions twitter page and the update was gone! This happened while I writing this post!

edit2: How weird!! Did anyone else see the tweet on their feed? I swear I'm not crazy... they deleted within like 3 mins. I'm too fast for them mwahaha.

unfortunately, this doesn't give us much information..but it is still exciting to see something other than goodwin liu's nomination!

86revolt

Postby 86revolt » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:17 pm

los blancos wrote:That update is up for me right now. Think they could start releasing e-mails tonight? It would be awesome if I could get my ding tonight...

i really wish everyone good luck. but don't stress to much. both the other guy who posted here and i went to cal for undergrad...so maybe they're calling us first? i know this is going off of a bad sample size, but whatever, better than nothing.

hellokitty

Postby hellokitty » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:22 pm

los blancos wrote:congrats fellas, i can't properly express my jealousy. i just need this to be over so this horrible week can be completed and i can move on. :mrgreen:

I feel the same way. I honestly feel like I´m going to barf and to top that off, the internet where I live isn´t working so I´m at the school which closes in 30 mins. And even if they wanted to call me, they couldn´t because I´m abroad and I think all they have is my cell which is off.

Congrats to everyone who got a call. I would probably faint on spot. :shock:

elle

Postby elle » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:25 pm

86revolt wrote:
los blancos wrote:That update is up for me right now. Think they could start releasing e-mails tonight? It would be awesome if I could get my ding tonight...

i really wish everyone good luck. but don't stress to much. both the other guy who posted here and i went to cal for undergrad...so maybe they're calling us first? i know this is going off of a bad sample size, but whatever, better than nothing.

i am a cal alum but no call :(
congrats to you guys! will you go and do another 3 years in berkeley??

schmo

Postby schmo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:34 pm

86revolt wrote:
schmo wrote:I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I usually don't post on TLS; I just like lurking. But wow. I'm in shock. I'm a Berkeley alum, so when I saw the 510 area code, I froze. It hasn't sunk in yet for me. I'm going to Berkeley!!!

hey, congrats, schmo! when i saw the 510 number i kinda got nervous too. and then he said this is dean edward tom and i almost lost it.

Thanks 86revolt! Congrats to you too. Might we be classmates?

Good luck to everyone else in this thread! Seriously, I was totally expecting to be dinged tomorrow or Friday, so don't lose hope!

hellokitty

Postby hellokitty » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:34 pm

I am a freaking mess right now. You should see how the people in the computer lab are looking at me. Haha oh boy. :shock:

86revolt

Postby 86revolt » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:36 pm

elle wrote:
86revolt wrote:

as excited as i was for going to austin and vanderbilt to try something new, there's no way i can pass up berkeley for a school out of the T14. and Berkeley is the ONLY t14 i got into. that's proof for everyone who still doubts berkeley's holistic approach to admissions.

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:45 pm

86revolt wrote:
elle wrote:
86revolt wrote:

as excited as i was for going to austin and vanderbilt to try something new, there's no way i can pass up berkeley for a school out of the T14. and Berkeley is the ONLY t14 i got into. that's proof for everyone who still doubts berkeley's holistic approach to admissions.

lol i have scholarship $$ at a T14 and I expect to get more, but Berk is the only school I really really really want to go to, and I made that abundantly clear in my PS. Thus, if I get the nod (not going to happen), my cycle is over too. :mrgreen:

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:46 pm

MahaloMontana wrote:Just got the call!!!!! I'm in! Wow, I'm so excited. Really, really wanted it. Came at 4:00 PST. Have your phones by you everybody!

We have similar stats, did you feel that you have any amazing softs or a great PS that put you over the top?

Congrats!
Last edited by los blancos on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

weee

Postby weee » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:47 pm

86revolt wrote:

I'd hardly call it proof, your numbers obviously match up way better to what Berkeley is looking for than most other T14 schools.

However I'm sure you are a great person and it factored in to you getting in just as much, so congrats.

Flanker1067

Postby Flanker1067 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:59 pm

I am thinking Berk probably wouldn't call an east coaster right now anyways?

schmo

Postby schmo » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:59 pm

weee wrote:
86revolt wrote:

I'd hardly call it proof, your numbers obviously match up way better to what Berkeley is looking for than most other T14 schools.

However I'm sure you are a great person and it factored in to you getting in just as much, so congrats.

I think it's definitely proof. While I have a fairly decent LSAT score, my GPA is <25% for Berkeley, which is why I didn't even expect to be put on the WL, much less accepted. I believe that my softs must have been an integral part of the process.
Last edited by schmo on Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flanker1067

Postby Flanker1067 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:00 pm

Well congrats, I hope to be in your place soon.

dummy66

Postby dummy66 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:14 pm

IN AT BERKELEY!!!!!!! :D 8:30pm EST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 160/3.85 URM top 10

hiromoto45

Postby hiromoto45 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:18 pm

dummy66 wrote:IN AT BERKELEY!!!!!!! :D 8:30pm EST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 160/3.85 URM top 10

guess you took my stop :cry: what kind of urm?

dummy66

Postby dummy66 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:22 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:
dummy66 wrote:IN AT BERKELEY!!!!!!! :D 8:30pm EST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 160/3.85 URM top 10

hispanic

hiromoto45

Postby hiromoto45 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:24 pm

dummy66 wrote:
hiromoto45 wrote:

hispanic

congrats!

weee

Postby weee » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:32 pm

schmo wrote:
weee wrote:
86revolt wrote:

I think it's definitely proof. While I have a fairly decent LSAT score, my GPA is <25% for Berkeley, which is why I didn't even expect to be put on the WL, much less accepted. I believe that my softs must have been an integral part of the process.

Well your case sounds much more convincing, and also congrats to you! It certainly does not seem that they are looking for just one specific thing.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”