Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hellokitty
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby hellokitty » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:17 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:
hellokitty wrote:
sandiecohen47 wrote:
hellokitty wrote:Idk if I can wait another week. I'm definitely losing it. This is much worse than waiting for LSAT scores. There isn't even a comparison. It's like we're so close, yet so far away. *sigh*


I'm having the opposite reaction. I think ignorance is bliss. Also, I'm afraid of a huge dream of mine dying in a week. The pessimism is sinking in... :(


I kind of feel the same way. Idk how I even made it to FR with my LSAT score. I feel like they only did it just to get my hopes up and then crush them. But at the same time, I want to move on with my life. I've been dreaming about Boalt for years and I just want closure.

You sound like a Miss. America acceptance speech lol...good luck...waiting stinks but its better than the certainty of a rejection.


I was expecting a rejection. FR left me more confused than anything. I wish we all could just get in. Why can't everyone here just get accepted? From what I've read, we all seem like good enough people. *sigh*

User avatar
AdmiralNelson
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:59 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby AdmiralNelson » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:29 pm

Yeah, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in one of these deliberation rooms when the final decision is made between two perfectly deserving applicants. How valid is the reasoning and projection? Some percentage of it is very subjective, no? Someone said this was worse than waiting for LSAT results... and I'd have to agree. I've never been this on-edge.

hellokitty
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby hellokitty » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:32 pm

AdmiralNelson wrote:Yeah, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in one of these deliberation rooms when the final decision is made between two perfectly deserving applicants. How valid is the reasoning and projection? Some percentage of it is very subjective, no? Someone said this was worse than waiting for LSAT results... and I'd have to agree. I've never been this on-edge.


Seriously. I bet that must be a difficult job.

I just want to send them an LOCI that says, "Hey look, I'm from Alabama. Isn't that bad enough?? Save me!!!"

User avatar
foxyeconomist
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:53 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby foxyeconomist » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:35 pm

Alabama seems like it would certainly be an asset on a Berkeley application. I wonder how many Alabama applicants they get each year.

hellokitty
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby hellokitty » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:38 pm

foxyeconomist wrote:Alabama seems like it would certainly be an asset on a Berkeley application. I wonder how many Alabama applicants they get each year.


Idk. Probably less than 10. Every time that I tell people here that I want to go to Berkeley, California they give me the strangest look and then ask something like, "Why would you want to go out there?? Isn't that the hippie place?? Are you scared of all of the gay people in California??"

Seriously. I need to get out of this place. It's like another planet.

User avatar
hiromoto45
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby hiromoto45 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:40 pm

hellokitty wrote:
foxyeconomist wrote:Alabama seems like it would certainly be an asset on a Berkeley application. I wonder how many Alabama applicants they get each year.


Idk. Probably less than 10. Every time that I tell people here that I want to go to Berkeley, California they give me the strangest look and then ask something like, "Why would you want to go out there?? Isn't that the hippie place?? Are you scared of all of the gay people in California??"

Seriously. I need to get out of this place. It's like another planet.

+1 geographically diversity major plus.

User avatar
AdmiralNelson
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:59 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby AdmiralNelson » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:20 am

hellokitty wrote:
foxyeconomist wrote:Alabama seems like it would certainly be an asset on a Berkeley application. I wonder how many Alabama applicants they get each year.


Idk. Probably less than 10. Every time that I tell people here that I want to go to Berkeley, California they give me the strangest look and then ask something like, "Why would you want to go out there?? Isn't that the hippie place?? Are you scared of all of the gay people in California??"

Seriously. I need to get out of this place. It's like another planet.


Haha

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7108
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby los blancos » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:04 am

hellokitty wrote:Idk if I can wait another week. I'm definitely losing it. This is much worse than waiting for LSAT scores. There isn't even a comparison. It's like we're so close, yet so far away. *sigh*


+2434315434321435

Berk's really the only school I want to go to. They're my first choice and they know it.

User avatar
hiromoto45
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby hiromoto45 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:57 pm

One more week! hoping for awesome news, the last FR was a slaughter so maybe the sun will come out for us...some of us 8)

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7108
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby los blancos » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:10 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:One more week! hoping for awesome news, the last FR was a slaughter so maybe the sun will come out for us...some of us 8)


FR has an acceptance rate of around 13%, so it's definitely a 'slaughter' in general - hopefully the TLSers come out on top. 8)

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby BenJ » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:16 pm

I'm guessing less than a week at this point. It seems like FR decisions usually come a day or two before they're scheduled. Good luck to everyone, and don't freak out :)

meowmeow
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:45 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby meowmeow » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:21 pm

I submitted an LOCi but I feel like I basically summarized my application...

User avatar
Havaianas
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby Havaianas » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:34 pm

hellokitty wrote:
AdmiralNelson wrote:Yeah, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in one of these deliberation rooms when the final decision is made between two perfectly deserving applicants. How valid is the reasoning and projection? Some percentage of it is very subjective, no? Someone said this was worse than waiting for LSAT results... and I'd have to agree. I've never been this on-edge.


Seriously. I bet that must be a difficult job.

I just want to send them an LOCI that says, "Hey look, I'm from Alabama. Isn't that bad enough?? Save me!!!"


hahahhahaha Id let you in! Seriously - geographic diversity

yeff
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:32 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby yeff » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:32 pm

BenJ wrote:don't freak out :)



TOO LATE :shock:
:lol:

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7108
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby los blancos » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:05 pm

Would someone/anyone who got dinged via the first FR volunteer to PM me the message they send you? I wanna prepare mentally for this... :mrgreen:

hellokitty
Posts: 630
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:43 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby hellokitty » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:31 pm

los blancos wrote:Would someone/anyone who got dinged via the first FR volunteer to PM me the message they send you? I wanna prepare mentally for this... :mrgreen:


I'm so scared. I am trying to mentally prepare. I have feeling this is gonna be worse than when I got my LSAT score back. I cried for a week straight and didn't leave my apartment. :(

orphanarium
Posts: 156
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:12 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby orphanarium » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:48 pm

...
Last edited by orphanarium on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

argylesocks
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:49 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby argylesocks » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:25 am

Are there usually only two FR groups? So, if we're the second of the two, then does that mean that Berkeley is done making all of its decisions (excluding admitting/denying WLs) as of March 12?

Sigh. It's going down this week...

argylesocks
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:49 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby argylesocks » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:23 am

Also, would it be ridic to send an LOCI at this pt? I know decisions are supposed to be made by Fri... I think I'm just entering panic mode and I just want to do SOMEthing.

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7108
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby los blancos » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:27 am

argylesocks wrote:Also, would it be ridic to send an LOCI at this pt? I know decisions are supposed to be made by Fri... I think I'm just entering panic mode and I just want to do SOMEthing.


It's likely too late but I don't think it could hurt.

User avatar
sandiecohen47
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby sandiecohen47 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:33 am

argylesocks wrote:Also, would it be ridic to send an LOCI at this pt? I know decisions are supposed to be made by Fri... I think I'm just entering panic mode and I just want to do SOMEthing.


Definitely send one tonight or early tomorrow via e-mail. I think we'll likely hear back on Wednesday or Thursday so I'd guess FR will meet tomorrow and/or Tuesday. You might as well go for it, especially if it brings you peace of mind. Good luck!

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7108
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby los blancos » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:41 am

sandiecohen47 wrote:
argylesocks wrote:Also, would it be ridic to send an LOCI at this pt? I know decisions are supposed to be made by Fri... I think I'm just entering panic mode and I just want to do SOMEthing.


Definitely send one tonight or early tomorrow via e-mail. I think we'll likely hear back on Wednesday or Thursday so I'd guess FR will meet tomorrow and/or Tuesday. You might as well go for it, especially if it brings you peace of mind. Good luck!


Has FR ever heard back on Wed? I thought it was pretty much always Thurs?

User avatar
sandiecohen47
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby sandiecohen47 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:45 am

los blancos wrote:
sandiecohen47 wrote:
argylesocks wrote:Also, would it be ridic to send an LOCI at this pt? I know decisions are supposed to be made by Fri... I think I'm just entering panic mode and I just want to do SOMEthing.


Definitely send one tonight or early tomorrow via e-mail. I think we'll likely hear back on Wednesday or Thursday so I'd guess FR will meet tomorrow and/or Tuesday. You might as well go for it, especially if it brings you peace of mind. Good luck!


Has FR ever heard back on Wed? I thought it was pretty much always Thurs?


On the first round of FR this cycle, someone on TLS received a phone call from Dean Tom on the Wed night before... but maybe that was a special case (?)

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7108
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby los blancos » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:06 am

sandiecohen47 wrote:
los blancos wrote:
sandiecohen47 wrote:
argylesocks wrote:Also, would it be ridic to send an LOCI at this pt? I know decisions are supposed to be made by Fri... I think I'm just entering panic mode and I just want to do SOMEthing.


Definitely send one tonight or early tomorrow via e-mail. I think we'll likely hear back on Wednesday or Thursday so I'd guess FR will meet tomorrow and/or Tuesday. You might as well go for it, especially if it brings you peace of mind. Good luck!


Has FR ever heard back on Wed? I thought it was pretty much always Thurs?


On the first round of FR this cycle, someone on TLS received a phone call from Dean Tom on the Wed night before... but maybe that was a special case (?)


Hmm looks like there were 2 or 3 of them ITT, so he probably made a decent batch of calls.

I just want this to be over with. I don't know if a rejection or waitlist would be worse for me mentally. An acceptance ends my cycle - and I haven't heard from 13 schools. :mrgreen:

meowmeow
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:45 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby meowmeow » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:42 am

Its a little depressing that 1400-1600 people get sent to FR and only 200 are accepted...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, BigZuck, canafsa, guybourdin, hangold, joezze, Long shot hero, nathjf, Photomike2, smashbash, TecumsehSherman, vho1791, Why??? and 24 guests