Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7110
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby los blancos » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:42 am

eas331 wrote:Rejected. The e-mail was sent 7 pm CST, but I only just now had a chance to check it. Good luck to the rest of you.

:cry:

User avatar
lt0826
Posts: 215
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:58 am

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby lt0826 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:29 am

Got email that I moved on to FR. Went complete 1/27. Time to wait - hope they like my softs. . .

patternplay
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:26 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby patternplay » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:13 am

Just moved to FR today, too.

So, is it really all about the softs at this point? I'm not that confident in my PS, so am a goner? I do feel ok about my LORs and resume/work experience though.

Oy, the waiting...

User avatar
iamthewalrus
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby iamthewalrus » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:55 am

Heather85 wrote:For some stupid reason, I declined having student members review my app. Do you guys think that will be a negative?


From what I've read on this forum, the students do not have access to your LSAT score or GPA, so I'm guessing their input would be focused exclusively on your "softs" and whether or not you might be a good fit. If you think it would help you if the students read your file, I imagine you could tell them you have changed your mind.

User avatar
Netsirk
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:04 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby Netsirk » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:05 am

First post on TLS. Just joined the FR group. Emailed last night: LSAT under 25%, GPA over 75%, Puerto Rican Female, strong softs (in my mind anyway). I am hoping for the best.

Good Luck everyone!

User avatar
opus127
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby opus127 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:30 am

los blancos wrote:
eas331 wrote:Rejected. The e-mail was sent 7 pm CST, but I only just now had a chance to check it. Good luck to the rest of you.

:cry:


Aw, thanks, but it's OK. I certainly can't complain about the options I have. Good luck to you!

Flanker1067
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:47 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby Flanker1067 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:48 am

This may have been asked because I did'nt read through this entire thread, but does everyone's email say a decision should be made around or on march 12th?

BenJ
Posts: 1353
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby BenJ » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:04 am

Flanker1067 wrote:This may have been asked because I did'nt read through this entire thread, but does everyone's email say a decision should be made around or on march 12th?


Yes.

regatsrj
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:36 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby regatsrj » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:35 am

Do we think all of the FR2 notices have been sent? 11/30 UR here, still crickets :(

holborn
Posts: 347
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby holborn » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:37 am

Also moved into FR yesterday. Not really sure what this means. other than more waiting.

User avatar
radgrad
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:47 am

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby radgrad » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:33 pm

julesm2200 wrote:Also moved into FR yesterday. Not really sure what this means. other than more waiting.


From previous years' stats, about 1500 people get sent to FR and about 200 people are accepted out of FR. Out of those who don't get accepted, it seems that a lot get waitlisted. Once you're on the waitlist, there's apparently no way to move up or down (I think they even tell you what quartile you're in- though I'm not entirely sure).

You're allowed to send LOCI's if you're under FR. Not sure if it helps at all, but I did it. (And I got in.)

Hope this helps!

argylesocks
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:49 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby argylesocks » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:01 pm

radgrad wrote:
You're allowed to send LOCI's if you're under FR. Not sure if it helps at all, but I did it. (And I got in.)



What happened after you emailed the LOCI? Did they confirm they received it?

My email said deliberation would begin February 19 - same date for everyone else?

I'm at work and don't know if I can get a LOCI done by today. I wonder if admission offices are secretly working on Saturdays right now...

User avatar
quetzalcoatl
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:23 am

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby quetzalcoatl » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:20 pm

radgrad wrote:
julesm2200 wrote:Also moved into FR yesterday. Not really sure what this means. other than more waiting.


From previous years' stats, about 1500 people get sent to FR and about 200 people are accepted out of FR. Out of those who don't get accepted, it seems that a lot get waitlisted. Once you're on the waitlist, there's apparently no way to move up or down (I think they even tell you what quartile you're in- though I'm not entirely sure).

You're allowed to send LOCI's if you're under FR. Not sure if it helps at all, but I did it. (And I got in.)

Hope this helps!


Can you be accepted before going under FR? I went FR yesterday. 170/3.89

carterth
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:32 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby carterth » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:24 pm

johndhi wrote:
CrimsonCal wrote:
carterth wrote:Was part of the first FR group - just got my first rejection by status checker.

180/3.97. Start panicking, everyone ;-)


damn, are you for real?


No, of course he isn't.



Unfortunately... the #s and the decision are 100% correct. Still wasn't good enough for Boalt apparently...

User avatar
quetzalcoatl
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:23 am

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby quetzalcoatl » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:08 pm

carterth wrote:
johndhi wrote:
CrimsonCal wrote:
carterth wrote:Was part of the first FR group - just got my first rejection by status checker.

180/3.97. Start panicking, everyone ;-)


damn, are you for real?


No, of course he isn't.



Unfortunately... the #s and the decision are 100% correct. Still wasn't good enough for Boalt apparently...


totaly a YP on Boalts part

User avatar
SDWaterBaby
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:20 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby SDWaterBaby » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:45 pm

Any news today for anyone?! I feel like Boalt is leading me on right now just to dump me after I really catch feelings :(

indigolasers
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:31 am

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby indigolasers » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:35 am

Here's my breakdown:

Applied in early Oct.
FR notice on 1/11
Sent a simple LOCI on 2/17
Accepted on 2/18

User avatar
exdubliner
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:48 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby exdubliner » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:31 pm

radgrad wrote:
julesm2200 wrote:Also moved into FR yesterday. Not really sure what this means. other than more waiting.


You're allowed to send LOCI's if you're under FR. Not sure if it helps at all, but I did it. (And I got in.)

Hope this helps!


Who did you address the LOCI to? Not Dean Tom I'm assuming since he's already passed it along. "Admissions Officer" or "Faculty Review Committee"?

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby existenz » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:35 pm

indigolasers wrote:Here's my breakdown:

Applied in early Oct.
FR notice on 1/11
Sent a simple LOCI on 2/17
Accepted on 2/18

I have to believe they'd already decided to accept you by the time you sent that LOCI.

runnerman
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby runnerman » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:41 pm

existenz wrote:
indigolasers wrote:Here's my breakdown:

Applied in early Oct.
FR notice on 1/11
Sent a simple LOCI on 2/17
Accepted on 2/18

I have to believe they'd already decided to accept you by the time you sent that LOCI.



didn't a lot if not all of the decisions from the first FR come out on 2/18?

indigolasers
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:31 am

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby indigolasers » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:45 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure if the LOCI really played into the decision. But I did get a response from the Admissions Office just a few hours later to say thanks for the update. And I heard the news over 24 hours later on the 18th.

User avatar
Havaianas
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby Havaianas » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:06 pm

julesm2200 wrote:Also moved into FR yesterday. Not really sure what this means. other than more waiting.


Waiting with a deadline though - I think that's an improvement!

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby existenz » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:19 pm

indigolasers wrote:Yeah, I'm not sure if the LOCI really played into the decision. But I did get a response from the Admissions Office just a few hours later to say thanks for the update. And I heard the news over 24 hours later on the 18th.

They always say thanks when you send updates. The 18th was the big day of decisions, which had already been announced on Twitter the day before (when you were sending your letter). I'm almost positive that 24 hours was not enough time for them to get your LOCI, read it, and change their minds from WL/reject to accept. You were already in.

That said, a LOCI doesn't hurt.

elle
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:26 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby elle » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:50 pm

Hello,

For those who sent LOCI, who did you address it to ?

User avatar
sirchristaylor
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:33 pm

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Postby sirchristaylor » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:57 pm

Here's my breakdown:

Applied 11/2
FR notice on 1/11
Sent a simple LOCI on 1/15, rec'd email saying they'd add it to my file
Accepted on 2/18




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Automotomayor, nightie and 6 guests