Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
los blancos

Platinum

Re: Berkeley Faculty Review Support Group 2010

Post by los blancos » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:33 pm

schmo wrote:
weee wrote:
86revolt wrote:
as excited as i was for going to austin and vanderbilt to try something new, there's no way i can pass up berkeley for a school out of the T14. and Berkeley is the ONLY t14 i got into. that's proof for everyone who still doubts berkeley's holistic approach to admissions.
I'd hardly call it proof, your numbers obviously match up way better to what Berkeley is looking for than most other T14 schools.

However I'm sure you are a great person and it factored in to you getting in just as much, so congrats.
I think it's definitely proof. While I have a fairly decent LSAT score, my GPA is <25% for Berkeley, which is why I didn't even expect to be put on the WL, much less accepted. I believe that my softs must have been an integral part of the process.
Did you think you had great softs going into the process? I'm in a similar situation - my LSAT is barely above 75th and my GPA is barely below the 25th. FWIW the FR committee seems to be taking some splitters.

>insert witty name<

New

Post by >insert witty name< » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:42 pm

IN AT BERKELEY!!! was in the March 12 FR group, got in via phone call from the dean of admissions. about fainted in bed bath and beyond when i listened to the voicemail.

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:44 pm

>insert witty name< wrote:IN AT BERKELEY!!! was in the March 12 FR group, got in via phone call from the dean of admissions. about fainted in bed bath and beyond when i listened to the voicemail.
Congrats!

Ok, I'm going to try to leave this thread until I hear back tomorrow because it's just making me that much more depressed.

AdmiralNelson

New

Post by AdmiralNelson » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:43 pm

Congrats y'all!

I'm in Boston and it's nearly 11pm, so I'm done waiting for a call tonight. I'll wake up and do it all again with you 'pending' folks tomorrow.

sandiecohen47

Bronze

Post by sandiecohen47 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:34 am

So...
Got a missed call from a 510 number at 7:55 EST while at a USC reception. My phone was on silent (I'm an idiot!)

I called back...and it was Dean Tom's voicemail!!! Does this mean I'm in!? I left the dorkiest message known to man.
OMG! WHAT DOES IT MEAN? He didn't leave a voicemail and didn't call back after I left a message when I called 25 minutes later...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

>insert witty name<

New

Post by >insert witty name< » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:41 am

sandiecohen47 wrote:So...
Got a missed call from a 510 number at 7:55 EST while at a USC reception. My phone was on silent (I'm an idiot!)

I called back...and it was Dean Tom's voicemail!!! Does this mean I'm in!? I left the dorkiest message known to man.
OMG! WHAT DOES IT MEAN? He didn't leave a voicemail and didn't call back after I left a message when I called 25 minutes later...

that's around the same time i got my call today (got a voicemail from Dean Tom saying i was in). did he not leave a voicemail for you? is your voicemail full? i would assume that it means you're in... congrats!!

sandiecohen47

Bronze

Post by sandiecohen47 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:42 am

>insert witty name< wrote:

that's around the same time i got my call today (got a voicemail from Dean Tom saying i was in). did he not leave a voicemail for you? is your voicemail full? i would assume that it means you're in... congrats!!
My voicemail is not full... and he didn't leave a message. Oy. I really hope this is good news and he didn't dial the wrong number.

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:44 am

Dude, I think you're in. But I make no promises.

I'm seriously going to be really happy for you when he calls you back tomorrow. :mrgreen:

God I hate this thread I need to get outta here.

sandiecohen47

Bronze

Post by sandiecohen47 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:05 am

Ok, I'm assuming it wasn't a fluke. But I'll wait until tomorrow to make it official. Congrats to all of you who heard good news and good luck to everyone else!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Havaianas

Bronze

Post by Havaianas » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:47 am

I was at that reception too! (And my only unknown voicemail was from another USC student asking me if I have any questions.)

I cant imagine that he would call you to tell you you're out - so it may be a little early/unofficial but - CONGRATS!

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:28 am

Rejections are done by e-mail or status checker. Congrats!

86revolt

Bronze

Post by 86revolt » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:29 am

sandiecohen47 wrote:Ok, I'm assuming it wasn't a fluke. But I'll wait until tomorrow to make it official. Congrats to all of you who heard good news and good luck to everyone else!
was the number 510-643-6753?

dancinginseptember

New

Post by dancinginseptember » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:49 am

FR. no call. waiting. so nervous.

best of luck to all those in the same boat!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bayareadunks

New

Post by bayareadunks » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:29 am

I wish all the FR2's much luck in trying to sleep tonight. I haven't been too nervous, but seeing as the damn office is 5 blocks from where I will be sleeping tonight, I have a curious urge to camp out and stage a protest in front of the entrance until they admit me.

Too much?

extempore88

New

Post by extempore88 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:39 am

Last edited by extempore88 on Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

los blancos

Platinum

Post by los blancos » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:45 am

Not too much.

I'm actually purposely staying up late in hopes that I can sleep in late enough to wake up to find my decision in my inbox.

sandiecohen47

Bronze

Post by sandiecohen47 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:34 am

86revolt wrote:
sandiecohen47 wrote:Ok, I'm assuming it wasn't a fluke. But I'll wait until tomorrow to make it official. Congrats to all of you who heard good news and good luck to everyone else!
was the number 510-643-6753?
Yep. It was definitely him. There's just a small shadow of a doubt until I hear it from him. BTW, congrats 86revolt!!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

AdmiralNelson

New

Post by AdmiralNelson » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:24 am

im_blue wrote: Rejections are done by e-mail or status checker. Congrats!
Anyone get dinged via status checker yet? Mine still says UR. Hmm, seems about as classy as a text message breakup.

Heather85

New

Post by Heather85 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:30 am

Did everyone who got accepted from FR so far write a LOCI? I'm really regretting not sending one now. I barely slept a wink last night, I work up every minute with Berkeley and Faculty Review popping in my mind.

sandiecohen47

Bronze

Post by sandiecohen47 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:35 am

Heather85 wrote:Did everyone who got accepted from FR so far write a LOCI? I'm really regretting not sending one now. I barely slept a wink last night, I work up every minute with Berkeley and Faculty Review popping in my mind.
I wrote one about a week before being sent to FR. I was one of the "in limbo" people who didn't hear anything for over 3 months. I think it helped me get considered for FR.

Heather85

New

Post by Heather85 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:56 am

sandiecohen47 wrote:
Heather85 wrote:Did everyone who got accepted from FR so far write a LOCI? I'm really regretting not sending one now. I barely slept a wink last night, I work up every minute with Berkeley and Faculty Review popping in my mind.
I wrote one about a week before being sent to FR. I was one of the "in limbo" people who didn't hear anything for over 3 months. I think it helped me get considered for FR.

As in your case, I'm beginning to think they're very important.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

runnerman

New

Post by runnerman » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:30 am

T minus what, 6 hours now?
: P

deem

New

Post by deem » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:11 pm

just to clarify, do they call all acceptances or just a lucky few? If not, do they send the rest out through email? Just trying to figure out whether I should be anxious if/when I get an email or just plain bummed. thanks and good luck to everyone today. also, congrats to all those who have already received calls!

orphanarium

Bronze

Post by orphanarium » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:16 pm

Last edited by orphanarium on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heather85

New

Post by Heather85 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:22 pm

orphanarium wrote:
Heather85 wrote:
sandiecohen47 wrote:

As in your case, I'm beginning to think they're very important.
They're important for a lot of other schools, but I don't think they are with Berkeley. I actually asked their admissions office how I should go about sending additional information and they basically said I shouldn't, unless I could add something substantial and different to my application file. And I already included a Why Berkeley with my application so, that was that.

P.S. Dean Tom called me Tuesday. =]
Congrats! Well your news makes me feel slightly better (slightly because I didn't write a Why Berkeley) :(

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”