Do most law schools notify via snail mail?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
GoldenBear125
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:19 am

Do most law schools notify via snail mail?

Postby GoldenBear125 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:55 am

Just wondering. I put my primary application address as my parents house as I did not want it coming to my place (it often is lost, left outside, stolen, etc.). Do law schools email out decisions/update it on their website/email saying your status has been updated on their website?

User avatar
amputatedbrain
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: Do most law schools notify via snail mail?

Postby amputatedbrain » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:06 am

This depends both on the school and the decision. Some send all decisions by snail mail (NYU, Columbia), Some all by e-mail (Duke I think). Quite a few send rejections/waitlists by e-mail and mail acceptances, some put in on their status checkers some don't, and the top ones will call you usually . . . someone made a thread listing a ton of school and their notification methods, try searching for it. If you say a specific school, I'm sure someone will know.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: Do most law schools notify via snail mail?

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:56 am

amputatedbrain wrote:This depends both on the school and the decision. Some send all decisions by snail mail (NYU, Columbia), Some all by e-mail (Duke I think). Quite a few send rejections/waitlists by e-mail and mail acceptances, some put in on their status checkers some don't, and the top ones will call you usually . . . someone made a thread listing a ton of school and their notification methods, try searching for it. If you say a specific school, I'm sure someone will know.


Two others that send all decisions by snail mail are GULC and USC. You may or may not be emailed about a change in status, but most status checkers do (eventually) update.

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: Do most law schools notify via snail mail?

Postby JusticeHarlan » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 am

managamy wrote:
amputatedbrain wrote:This depends both on the school and the decision. Some send all decisions by snail mail (NYU, Columbia), Some all by e-mail (Duke I think). Quite a few send rejections/waitlists by e-mail and mail acceptances, some put in on their status checkers some don't, and the top ones will call you usually . . . someone made a thread listing a ton of school and their notification methods, try searching for it. If you say a specific school, I'm sure someone will know.


Two others that send all decisions by snail mail are GULC and USC. You may or may not be emailed about a change in status, but most status checkers do (eventually) update.

GULC does rejections by email. Believe me, I would know :cry: :P

User avatar
JayTal
Posts: 164
Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: Do most law schools notify via snail mail?

Postby JayTal » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:41 am

JusticeHarlan wrote:
managamy wrote:
amputatedbrain wrote:This depends both on the school and the decision. Some send all decisions by snail mail (NYU, Columbia), Some all by e-mail (Duke I think). Quite a few send rejections/waitlists by e-mail and mail acceptances, some put in on their status checkers some don't, and the top ones will call you usually . . . someone made a thread listing a ton of school and their notification methods, try searching for it. If you say a specific school, I'm sure someone will know.


Two others that send all decisions by snail mail are GULC and USC. You may or may not be emailed about a change in status, but most status checkers do (eventually) update.

GULC does rejections by email. Believe me, I would know :cry: :P


+1 :lol:

User avatar
Cleareyes
Posts: 408
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:59 pm

Re: Do most law schools notify via snail mail?

Postby Cleareyes » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:46 am

There's huge variety. Everything from status checkers to email to, in case of some acceptances, phone calls. It really varies from school to school. But yes, some schools do communicate purely through snail mail. Poke around on this site and you should be able to figure out how each school likes to communicate to applicants.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, blackmamba8, brinicolec, cyclawps, hellohalo, malysh and 18 guests