Turn down offer of admission because too $$$/

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Re: Turn down offer of admission because too $$$/

Postby ShibaDan » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:10 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote:
def2104 wrote:
Nicholasnickynic wrote:
UFMatt wrote:I'd recommend going to the most affordable school that will allow you to pursue your intended career. Paying sticker at anywhere other than the top 3 is likely more for ego than a legitimate enhancement of career opportunity.

I don't think paying 45k sticker for #30 UNC is ego?

IMO, it depends on what sticker is.

For me, #35 Georgia at 60k > #71 Pitt at 37K (w/scholly).

That being said, I'm not sure any school is worth more than, absolute max, 75k, and even then I'd be uncomfortable. I think it depends on how much debt you are willing to assume.

As to the original poster's question, I applied to Boston as a super reach, and now, If I do get in im 99.9% sure I'd reject them with how much they charge.

So are you saying that MVPB at sticker would not be a good choice? That thought makes me a little sick... :cry:

Michigan, Penn, Virginia, Berkeley. Usually TLS breaks the T14 into 4 groups HYS, CCN, MVPB, NDCG

Re: Turn down offer of admission because too $$$/

Postby robin600 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:27 am

Halibut6 wrote:My dream job presently: http://www.lakecountyil.gov/statesattorney/default.htm

I don't need HYSCCN for that, baby. Give me the $$$.

I have a hard time believing you need HYSCCN for any job that's outside of biglaw, unless you want to be the next head honcho of the ACLU you'll be fine at a T40 school.

Plus there are more jobs outside the NLJ250, I think many people forget this on TLS. Also, if you graduate at the top of your class at william and mary and graduate in the bottom half of your class at UVA, i think the W&M grad would have better prospects. Easier to graduate at the top at W&M than UVA yes, people on TLS tend to forget this too.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”