LSU 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
southernboy

Re: LSU 2010

Postby southernboy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:04 pm

Hey guys, is it possible for law students to live in the traditional residence halls, or is this only available to undergrads?

macatak911

Postby macatak911 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:15 pm

southernboy wrote:Hey guys, is it possible for law students to live in the traditional residence halls, or is this only available to undergrads?

I remember reading somewhere you could...though I'm sure no one would recommend it.

BriaTharen

Postby BriaTharen » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:16 pm

southernboy wrote:Hey guys, is it possible for law students to live in the traditional residence halls, or is this only available to undergrads?

Don't do that. This is a terrible idea.

southernboy

Postby southernboy » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:22 am

yeah...I think you're right. Ok so how about Highland Plantation? I went inside one of the 3-person apts and they seemed pretty nice. Very cheap too. Any opinions on these?

BriaTharen

Postby BriaTharen » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:31 am

southernboy wrote:yeah...I think you're right. Ok so how about Highland Plantation? I went inside one of the 3-person apts and they seemed pretty nice. Very cheap too. Any opinions on these?

Depending on the apartment, so of them are kind of crappy. I would make sure to see the one you are going to be living in before you put down money. A friend of mine lived here, but she was in the apartment that Lil Boosie used to live in. Lil Boosie had a fondness for punching holes in walls and breaking windows, so a lot of the stuff in her place was new.

Tigerbait

Postby Tigerbait » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:33 pm

southernboy wrote:yeah...I think you're right. Ok so how about Highland Plantation? I went inside one of the 3-person apts and they seemed pretty nice. Very cheap too. Any opinions on these?

Yeah, you have to be careful with Highland Plantation. I live there now, and although I got lucky, I know a lot of people around me have had issues with them, especially maintenance. Plenty of people have broken dishwashers or toilets that management never fixes. It can get pretty loud and there is some crime. But it is definitely cheap, they allow pets, and are right next to the neighborhood Walmart. So I'd definitely listen to JessicaTiger and insist on seeing the place before you commit.

BriaTharen

Postby BriaTharen » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:46 pm

Tigerbait wrote:

Yeah, you have to be careful with Highland Plantation. I live there now, and although I got lucky, I know a lot of people around me have had issues with them, especially maintenance. Plenty of people have broken dishwashers or toilets that management never fixes. It can get pretty loud and there is some crime. But it is definitely cheap, they allow pets, and are right next to the neighborhood Walmart. So I'd definitely listen to JessicaTiger and insist on seeing the place before you commit.

Highland does have a bunch of benefits (cost, location by Walmart and it is right on the bus route, but management and other issues make it worth thinking about before you commit).

lawlschoool

Postby lawlschoool » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:32 pm

I tried spitting some game at this cute red headed girl in the computer lab today.. got her name, but she left in such a hurry i couldn't get her number. she seemed cool, certainly a type A personality. if shes at lsu next year maybe i should hang out with her.

lawlschoool

Postby lawlschoool » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:35 pm

" it's safe to assume that fans of petrochemicals will not be disappointed by their time living there"

lol wtf
http://www.top-law-schools.com/lsu-law-school.html

southernboy

Postby southernboy » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:40 pm

lawlschoool wrote:" it's safe to assume that fans of petrochemicals will not be disappointed by their time living there"

lol wtf
http://www.top-law-schools.com/lsu-law-school.html

hahaha! I thought the exact same thing when I read that. Its like...
Yeah I'm a HUGE fan of petrochemicals duudddee! On my birthday, me and my friends went to go hang out at the petrochemical factory and cheered as the pistons were all pumping that petroleum. Dude! it was freakin pumping the petroleum!! Yeah, dude, petrochemicals are the shit. I'm all about me some petrochemicals.

yeah I'm not quite sure what that was supposed to mean. Petrochemical factories would probably not be on my list of reasons to go to baton rouge.

csnowden1985

Postby csnowden1985 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:06 pm

lawlschoool wrote:I tried spitting some game at this cute red headed girl in the computer lab today.. got her name, but she left in such a hurry i couldn't get her number. she seemed cool, certainly a type A personality. if shes at lsu next year maybe i should hang out with her.

I'd like to refer you to the last time someone tried to "spit game" at a red head. haha

JessicaTiger wrote:
darknightbegins wrote:Is this cocktail party with the Chancellor worth attending? I got an Email for it and I'm wondering if it is just a big dick sucking party for the law students to kiss the Chancellors ass. However, the chance to socialize (read:fuck) some female law school students is tempting.

I'm staying at the Hilton near LSU campus. I'm hoping to be able to talk a woman or 5 back to my room. If that doesn't work I'll likely end up taking the shuttle around and hitting up some bars/clubs. Do you have any suggestions?

Reception was alright. Seemed pretty laid back. Think I'll be going after this cute little red head girl tomorrow on the tour. Got to finish reading up the case homework they sent me.

The student day was pretty good I thought. Beautiful campus, honest student body and instructors I talked to. The other admitted students were generally friendly and interested in the school. Saw ALOT of students with their parents, especially girls. Tried spitting some game at this cute red headed girl, no success! Did get her email, will try to email her in a few days. She seemed cool, certainly a type A personality. If we both end up at LSU I will see about hooking up with her.

Hi, Dark Night. It may come as quite a shock to you, but the internet, especially when you give such telling descriptions, is not totally anonymous. This note is to formally inform you that as of now, your chances with me are in the negative numbers, though they were relatively dismal to begin with. I wish you luck in your future endevours, but if you are looking for a higher success rate among LSU's female law students, I suggest you keep your intentions off of a thread that is dedicated to future/current law students at LSU.

Regards,

"cute red headed girl"
AKA
JessicaTiger

PS- Please subtract me from the 1-5 women you were considering bringing to your room. Thank you.

hotdog123

Postby hotdog123 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:26 am

I'm guessing LSU is waiting for their second round of deposits to come in before sending out anymore decisions. Anybody know when that is?

BriaTharen

Postby BriaTharen » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:40 am

DonnyMost wrote:I'm guessing LSU is waiting for their second round of deposits to come in before sending out anymore decisions. Anybody know when that is?

Yeah, seat deposit dude date is tomorrow. So I guess Monday? Do you not have a decision at all, or are you waitlisted?

rcharles

Postby rcharles » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:53 am

DonnyMost wrote:I'm guessing LSU is waiting for their second round of deposits to come in before sending out anymore decisions. Anybody know when that is?

I've been emailed and twitted that the deposit must be postmarked by May 3.

hotdog123

Postby hotdog123 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:55 am

JessicaTiger wrote:

Yeah, seat deposit dude date is tomorrow. So I guess Monday? Do you not have a decision at all, or are you waitlisted?

Still no decision. I imagine it will come out shortly after the deposits come rolling on.

BriaTharen

Postby BriaTharen » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:09 pm

lawlschoool wrote:I tried spitting some game at this cute red headed girl in the computer lab today.. got her name, but she left in such a hurry i couldn't get her number. she seemed cool, certainly a type A personality. if shes at lsu next year maybe i should hang out with her.

LOL, you're funny

JM3

Postby JM3 » Sat May 01, 2010 10:50 am

Monday - my paws account expanded

Tuesday - received an email from admissions saying the seat deposit is due on May 3rd. i called Daphne James, who personally congratulated me and said that my acceptance package was put in the mail the day before, and the May 3rd deadline did not apply to me.

Wednesday - received acceptance in mail, my seat deposit is not due until the 15th. See you guys in august.

BriaTharen

Postby BriaTharen » Sat May 01, 2010 11:27 am

JM3 wrote:Monday - my paws account expanded

Tuesday - received an email from admissions saying the seat deposit is due on May 3rd. i called Daphne James, who personally congratulated me and said that my acceptance package was put in the mail the day before, and the May 3rd deadline did not apply to me.

Wednesday - received acceptance in mail, my seat deposit is not due until the 15th. See you guys in august.

Congrats! See you in the fall!

ChattTNdt

Postby ChattTNdt » Sat May 01, 2010 8:49 pm

Anybody heard anything about when we will be notified of section assignments?

macatak911

Postby macatak911 » Sat May 01, 2010 8:54 pm

ChattTNdt wrote:Anybody heard anything about when we will be notified of section assignments?

June 15th...according to last years Facebook group.

Genericswingman

Postby Genericswingman » Mon May 03, 2010 6:10 pm

Did anyone, by chance, decide to withdraw (not deposit) at LSU?

SAOJD10

Postby SAOJD10 » Mon May 03, 2010 6:42 pm

I did not send in my seat deposit

LA Beserker

Postby LA Beserker » Wed May 05, 2010 12:58 am

I read on last years thread that they had a class in late summer worth 3 credits called legal methods for incoming students. Anyone hear anything about that or think they are gonna do the same thing.

ChattTNdt

Postby ChattTNdt » Wed May 05, 2010 7:05 pm

Just got back from an apartment hunting trip to B.R. ... decided on the Park at Bluebonnet. Pretty excited, looks like a very nice place.

mdickson

Postby mdickson » Thu May 06, 2010 1:31 pm

ChattTNdt wrote:Just got back from an apartment hunting trip to B.R. ... decided on the Park at Bluebonnet. Pretty excited, looks like a very nice place.

Good choice.

If you like to party, come checkout building 4.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”