LSU 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
hotdog123
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am

Re: LSU 2010

Postby hotdog123 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:40 pm

OK, I just got an email from LSU Financial Aid Office detailing my financial aid award to the penny... but I haven't received word from the University about acceptance yet, nor has my "PAWS" account expanded. I'm really confused... I hope this isn't some kind of joke.

User avatar
BriaTharen
Posts: 750
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby BriaTharen » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:46 pm

DonnyMost wrote:OK, I just got an email from LSU Financial Aid Office detailing my financial aid award to the penny... but I haven't received word from the University about acceptance yet, nor has my "PAWS" account expanded. I'm really confused... I hope this isn't some kind of joke.


Have you tried calling and asking them about your status? When did you apply?

User avatar
hotdog123
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am

Re: LSU 2010

Postby hotdog123 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:48 pm

JessicaTiger wrote:
DonnyMost wrote:OK, I just got an email from LSU Financial Aid Office detailing my financial aid award to the penny... but I haven't received word from the University about acceptance yet, nor has my "PAWS" account expanded. I'm really confused... I hope this isn't some kind of joke.


Have you tried calling and asking them about your status? When did you apply?


I *just* got the email. I applied a week before the deadline. They're probably closed by now, I'll try tomorrow.

User avatar
macatak911
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 12:24 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby macatak911 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:58 pm

Woooooo interest deferred loans!!!

User avatar
BriaTharen
Posts: 750
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby BriaTharen » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:04 pm

Still waiting on mine, which since I got my stuff to them not to long ago, will probably be beginning of May. For those who have gotten their stuff back and have scholarship- how much did your scholarship impact your financial aid award?

User avatar
macatak911
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 12:24 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby macatak911 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:07 pm

JessicaTiger wrote:Still waiting on mine, which since I got my stuff to them not to long ago, will probably be beginning of May. For those who have gotten their stuff back and have scholarship- how much did your scholarship impact your financial aid award?


Actually my scholarship is nowhere to be found on what I can get.

Cestjustemoi
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby Cestjustemoi » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:45 pm

macatak911 wrote:
JessicaTiger wrote:Still waiting on mine, which since I got my stuff to them not to long ago, will probably be beginning of May. For those who have gotten their stuff back and have scholarship- how much did your scholarship impact your financial aid award?


Actually my scholarship is nowhere to be found on what I can get.


+1 mine doesn't show up either. They offered me a lot of loans for a full scholarship. Seems odd.

wh3931110
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby wh3931110 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:52 pm

I also got the financial aid email but have not yet been accepted. Let me know what you find out!

User avatar
hotdog123
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am

Re: LSU 2010

Postby hotdog123 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:52 pm

wh3931110 wrote:I also got the financial aid email but have not yet been accepted. Let me know what you find out!


Glad to know I'm not the only one in this very peculiar boat.

southernboy
Posts: 101
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby southernboy » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:07 pm

ok I'm confused. I had received a 15K per year scholarship to LSU, but when I go on to the financial aid section LSU
s website on my account it says that there are no awards for me for the 2010-2011 academic year. Whats up with this?

User avatar
hotdog123
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am

Re: LSU 2010

Postby hotdog123 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:47 am

Called the admissions office; got told I'm still in committee. False alarm. :?

wh3931110
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby wh3931110 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:55 am

DonnyMost wrote:Called the admissions office; got told I'm still in committee. False alarm. :?


damm! I am wait listed so I am going to call and see what the deal is anyway... there goes my optimism

wh3931110
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby wh3931110 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:59 am

just reconfirmed... just a generic email means nothing : (

User avatar
Publius39
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby Publius39 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:11 pm

I just got my financial aid package on PAWS as well, and my scholarship didn't show up there either. I even have an official letter telling me the name of the award and the amount($12,000+). This is kind of confusing because I have a ton of loans that were offered and I'm not planning on taking all of the. They offered $44,500 in loans, which is overkill. This makes absolutely no sense, but I remember that Daphne told me that the financial aid isn't handled in-house over there, they let the undergrad portion of the school deal with graduate financial aid, which is strange to say the least. That's probably why there is all this confusion...

User avatar
BriaTharen
Posts: 750
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby BriaTharen » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:00 am

DonnyMost wrote:
rcharles wrote:
DonnyMost wrote:jessicatiger,

will you have my babies?

love,

donny


You guys are all starting to get a little creepy now. Jessica it looks like you might have a handful of stalkers on your hands this fall...or at the very least a cult-like fan club.


DO NOT MOCK OUR LOVE


LOL. it will not be a real fan club unless someone makes a thread for it :lol:

User avatar
rcharles
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby rcharles » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:03 pm

JessicaTiger wrote:
DonnyMost wrote:
rcharles wrote:
DonnyMost wrote:jessicatiger,

will you have my babies?

love,

donny


You guys are all starting to get a little creepy now. Jessica it looks like you might have a handful of stalkers on your hands this fall...or at the very least a cult-like fan club.


DO NOT MOCK OUR LOVE


LOL. it will not be a real fan club unless someone makes a thread for it :lol:


A shameless plug/hint Jessica, but keep refreshing the "view active topics" tab and it's bound to show up soon!

User avatar
BriaTharen
Posts: 750
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby BriaTharen » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:14 pm

rcharles wrote:
JessicaTiger wrote:
DonnyMost wrote:
rcharles wrote:
You guys are all starting to get a little creepy now. Jessica it looks like you might have a handful of stalkers on your hands this fall...or at the very least a cult-like fan club.


DO NOT MOCK OUR LOVE


LOL. it will not be a real fan club unless someone makes a thread for it :lol:


A shameless plug/hint Jessica, but keep refreshing the "view active topics" tab and it's bound to show up soon!


I honest to God hope it doesn't. Rather than shameless plug, I call it a "stalker test." The one who makes it is the one I actually have to look out for in the fall

csnowden1985
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby csnowden1985 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:48 pm

I have a feeling this will help at some time in the three years. Do't really know exactly what outling actually is yet ... but I'm pretty sure this will help.

http://www.lsulawoutlines.com/

Lsat101
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby Lsat101 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:49 am

Does anyone know if we can bring a guest to the scholarship dinner?

User avatar
BriaTharen
Posts: 750
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby BriaTharen » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:13 am

Lsat101 wrote:Does anyone know if we can bring a guest to the scholarship dinner?


I'm pretty sure that's a no. The email Telisha sent out said something along the lines of "dinner is only for scholarship recipients."

User avatar
BriaTharen
Posts: 750
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:17 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby BriaTharen » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:24 pm

See some of you tonight!

JM3
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:56 am

Re: LSU 2010

Postby JM3 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:58 pm

My paws account just expanded. After quick research in this thread i assume this means an acceptance. Can anyone tell me how long it took for your acceptance letter to come in the mail after your paws account expanded? Has anyone's account expanded and they wound up waitlisted or denied? Thanks in advance

csnowden1985
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:01 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby csnowden1985 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:36 pm

Since I was stuck in Alabama, can someone tell me how awesome the scholorship reception was. k thanks.

User avatar
macatak911
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 12:24 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby macatak911 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:43 pm

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Cemoore4
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:21 am

Re: LSU 2010

Postby Cemoore4 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:31 am

Nice pics Mac. Now I am even more jealous I could not make it tonight.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”