LSU 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Cestjustemoi
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby Cestjustemoi » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:16 am

moe wrote:seems like LSU is gonna be the school for me... can't turn down a full ride. but i'm beginning to have separation anxiety from my friends, family, and just the so cal in general already & i haven't even left yet *tear...


Ditto on the seperation anxiety I'm already freaking out about leaving Florida I will probably cry the entire way to LA. :-(

User avatar
macatak911
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 12:24 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby macatak911 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:31 am

moe wrote:seems like LSU is gonna be the school for me... can't turn down a full ride. but i'm beginning to have separation anxiety from my friends, family, and just the so cal in general already & i haven't even left yet *tear...


I do backroom therapy sessions on Wednesdays and Sundays. $110 an hour :lol:

LA Beserker
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:45 am

Re: LSU 2010

Postby LA Beserker » Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:46 pm

Where are you guys signing leases? I was looking for a 1 br on craigslist seem scarce.

User avatar
rcharles
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby rcharles » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:04 pm

LA Beserker wrote:Where are you guys signing leases? I was looking for a 1 br on craigslist seem scarce.


Personally I was kidding about signing a lease. That particular comment was meant to be a joke in response to the on-campus microbrewery proposal.

LA Beserker
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:45 am

Re: LSU 2010

Postby LA Beserker » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:57 pm

rcharles wrote:
LA Beserker wrote:Where are you guys signing leases? I was looking for a 1 br on craigslist seem scarce.


Personally I was kidding about signing a lease. That particular comment was meant to be a joke in response to the on-campus microbrewery proposal.


Gotcha. Just heard from some friends up there if you want a place in august you should start looking now.

User avatar
darknightbegins
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:51 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby darknightbegins » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:09 pm

LA Beserker wrote:
rcharles wrote:
LA Beserker wrote:Where are you guys signing leases? I was looking for a 1 br on craigslist seem scarce.


Personally I was kidding about signing a lease. That particular comment was meant to be a joke in response to the on-campus microbrewery proposal.


Gotcha. Just heard from some friends up there if you want a place in august you should start looking now.


That tough to find somewhere near campus? Fuck.

User avatar
macatak911
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 12:24 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby macatak911 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:19 pm

LA Beserker wrote:
rcharles wrote:
LA Beserker wrote:Where are you guys signing leases? I was looking for a 1 br on craigslist seem scarce.


Personally I was kidding about signing a lease. That particular comment was meant to be a joke in response to the on-campus microbrewery proposal.


Gotcha. Just heard from some friends up there if you want a place in august you should start looking now.


This.

They let all the freshman know if they got into UG or not in February. So earlier the better.

User avatar
ChattTNdt
Posts: 231
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby ChattTNdt » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:51 pm

edit: question answered
Last edited by ChattTNdt on Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LA Beserker
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:45 am

Re: LSU 2010

Postby LA Beserker » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:32 pm

darknightbegins wrote:
LA Beserker wrote:
rcharles wrote:
LA Beserker wrote:Where are you guys signing leases? I was looking for a 1 br on craigslist seem scarce.


Personally I was kidding about signing a lease. That particular comment was meant to be a joke in response to the on-campus microbrewery proposal.


Gotcha. Just heard from some friends up there if you want a place in august you should start looking now.


That tough to find somewhere near campus? Fuck.[/quote

Not tough to find somewhere with multiple rooms. But if you are planning on living by yourself you might want to start early. Or thats what I have heard.

User avatar
darknightbegins
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:51 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby darknightbegins » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:40 am

LA Beserker wrote:
Not tough to find somewhere with multiple rooms. But if you are planning on living by yourself you might want to start early. Or thats what I have heard.


I wouldn't mind one roomate who is also a law school student. I lived alone in UG and Grad school, but I trust that a fellow 1L would be serious enough to trust to not fuck up and partya ll the time.

LA Beserker
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:45 am

Re: LSU 2010

Postby LA Beserker » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:27 am

Has anyone had luck getting replies to your emails about scholarships?

User avatar
darknightbegins
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:51 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby darknightbegins » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:39 am

I called financial aid tuesday. The lady I spoke to said financial aid packages were supposed to be sent out starting next week. So you should be hearing about that stuff shortly.

User avatar
macatak911
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 12:24 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby macatak911 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:42 am

darknightbegins wrote:I called financial aid tuesday. The lady I spoke to said financial aid packages were supposed to be sent out starting next week. So you should be hearing about that stuff shortly.


Sweet, I had been waiting on this.
LA Beserker wrote:Has anyone had luck getting replies to your emails about scholarships?


Not yet. Still holding out hope. Nobody has gotten a scholarship notification on LSN in the past month and a half.

User avatar
ChattTNdt
Posts: 231
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby ChattTNdt » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:10 pm

macatak911 wrote:
Not yet. Still holding out hope. Nobody has gotten a scholarship notification on LSN in the past month and a half.



It would seem that we've got a good shot. LSN only has five LSU applicants with higher LSATs than you and me, four of those five got scholarships (the one that didn't had a sub-2.7 GPA), and two of these four scholarship recipients had lower GPAs than you and me. Even better, two of those scholarship recipients have already withdrawn. I'd like to think they recirculate that cash into the last batch of scholarship offers. Unless there is a disproportionately large number of applicants around our numbers or better that do not register on LSN (which is unlikely considering that the top applicants are the more likely ones to use LSN), it seems that you and me would be next in line to get $$ as the top LSAT scores remaining. :D

I wish I could remember how I occupied my time prior to applying to law school and obsessing over mere speculation all day long hahaha... but seriously, LSU definitely seem to be splitter-friendly when it comes to $$$ (at least based on what LSN indicates). Let's hope so. Any scholarship offer from LSU would make my decision extremely easy.

User avatar
macatak911
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 12:24 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby macatak911 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:06 pm

ChattTNdt wrote:
macatak911 wrote:
Not yet. Still holding out hope. Nobody has gotten a scholarship notification on LSN in the past month and a half.



It would seem that we've got a good shot. LSN only has five LSU applicants with higher LSATs than you and me, four of those five got scholarships (the one that didn't had a sub-2.7 GPA), and two of these four scholarship recipients had lower GPAs than you and me. Even better, two of those scholarship recipients have already withdrawn. I'd like to think they recirculate that cash into the last batch of scholarship offers. Unless there is a disproportionately large number of applicants around our numbers or better that do not register on LSN (which is unlikely considering that the top applicants are the more likely ones to use LSN), it seems that you and me would be next in line to get $$ as the top LSAT scores remaining. :D

I wish I could remember how I occupied my time prior to applying to law school and obsessing over mere speculation all day long hahaha... but seriously, LSU definitely seem to be splitter-friendly when it comes to $$$ (at least based on what LSN indicates). Let's hope so. Any scholarship offer from LSU would make my decision extremely easy.


I hope you are right 8)

I keep stalking the USPS guy everyday...to no avail....

User avatar
macatak911
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 12:24 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby macatak911 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:07 pm

Sent my seat deposit in today. Little sigh of relief.

heyzeus
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:19 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby heyzeus » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:18 pm

"our hope is to have all of our scholarship offers out before our deposit deadline of April 15th. That is the best that I can tell you at this time as our committee is working feverishly to get decisions out as timely as possible. Good luck."

This is what I got from the fin aid office. I was accepted in mid feb and been waiting for them to through some money my way. I called a couple of times before and each time they told me I would hear next week. Guess they just have no regards for people with other deposits due.
Last edited by heyzeus on Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
nick637
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby nick637 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:20 pm

At least you all got in already. I called last week and the lady said that I was "in review" but didnt know if I would receive a decision before the deadline.

User avatar
macatak911
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 12:24 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby macatak911 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:23 pm

heyzeus wrote:"our hope is to have all of our scholarship offers out before our deposit deadline of April 15th. That is the best that I can tell you at this time as our committee is working feverishly to get decisions out as timely as possible. Good luck."

This is what I got from the fin aid office. I was accepted in mid feb and been waiting for them to through some money my way. I called a couple of times before and each time they told me I would hear next week. Guess they just have no regards for people with other deposits due.


Yeah that's the thing that is pissing me off, they haven't given $$$ to anyone on LSN in the last month in a half. I know LSN is only a portion of the applicant pool, but it's large enough to have at least someone record money.

nick637 wrote:At least you all got in already. I called last week and the lady said that I was "in review" but didnt know if I would receive a decision before the deadline.


I think you can still get in after the deadline...they just give you two weeks to pay the deposit (usually how it works at other schools)

User avatar
nick637
Posts: 246
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby nick637 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:24 pm

macatak911 wrote:
heyzeus wrote:"our hope is to have all of our scholarship offers out before our deposit deadline of April 15th. That is the best that I can tell you at this time as our committee is working feverishly to get decisions out as timely as possible. Good luck."

This is what I got from the fin aid office. I was accepted in mid feb and been waiting for them to through some money my way. I called a couple of times before and each time they told me I would hear next week. Guess they just have no regards for people with other deposits due.


Yeah that's the thing that is pissing me off, they haven't given $$$ to anyone on LSN in the last month in a half. I know LSN is only a portion of the applicant pool, but it's large enough to have at least someone record money.

nick637 wrote:At least you all got in already. I called last week and the lady said that I was "in review" but didnt know if I would receive a decision before the deadline.


I think you can still get in after the deadline...they just give you two weeks to pay the deposit (usually how it works at other schools)


Great! I wonder why the lady failed to mention this.

User avatar
ChattTNdt
Posts: 231
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby ChattTNdt » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:25 pm

heyzeus wrote:"our hope is to have all of our scholarship offers out before our deposit deadline of April 15th. That is the best that I can tell you at this time as our committee is working feverishly to get decisions out as timely as possible. Good luck."

This is what I got from the fin aid office. I was accepted in mid feb and been waiting for them to through some money my way. I called a couple of times before and each time they told me I would hear next week. Guess they just have no regards for people with other deposits due.



I specifically asked Ms. James about the final round of scholarships when I called yesterday to set up my pre-ASD tour/class visit. She said the committee was meeting as we spoke, and that all scholarships WILL be notified before the April 15th seat deposit deadline. She could not guarantee that scholarship decisions would be received before the April 10th ASD, but I would imagine that those attending this event could get a final answer on $$ that weekend.

User avatar
macatak911
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 12:24 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby macatak911 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:32 pm

ChattTNdt wrote:
heyzeus wrote:"our hope is to have all of our scholarship offers out before our deposit deadline of April 15th. That is the best that I can tell you at this time as our committee is working feverishly to get decisions out as timely as possible. Good luck."

This is what I got from the fin aid office. I was accepted in mid feb and been waiting for them to through some money my way. I called a couple of times before and each time they told me I would hear next week. Guess they just have no regards for people with other deposits due.



I specifically asked Ms. James about the final round of scholarships when I called yesterday to set up my pre-ASD tour/class visit. She said the committee was meeting as we spoke, and that all scholarships WILL be notified before the April 15th seat deposit deadline. She could not guarantee that scholarship decisions would be received before the April 10th ASD, but I would imagine that those attending this event could get a final answer on $$ that weekend.



Image

User avatar
ChattTNdt
Posts: 231
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby ChattTNdt » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:41 pm

I guess everyone got the e-mail about the webchat next Tuesday the 30th?

Anyone that has participated in previous LSU webchats (seems like I remember hearing about one before I was accepted), how informative are they? I'm sure it is worth the time if the individual is seriously considering attendance, so I will be there.

User avatar
macatak911
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 12:24 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby macatak911 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:55 pm

ChattTNdt wrote:I guess everyone got the e-mail about the webchat next Tuesday the 30th?

Anyone that has participated in previous LSU webchats (seems like I remember hearing about one before I was accepted), how informative are they? I'm sure it is worth the time if the individual is seriously considering attendance, so I will be there.


Pretty informative. I'd recommend jotting down a few ?'s before hard. PM me with your email address and I can email you the transcript of the previous one they had.

User avatar
darknightbegins
Posts: 673
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:51 pm

Re: LSU 2010

Postby darknightbegins » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:24 pm

ChattTNdt wrote:I guess everyone got the e-mail about the webchat next Tuesday the 30th?

Anyone that has participated in previous LSU webchats (seems like I remember hearing about one before I was accepted), how informative are they? I'm sure it is worth the time if the individual is seriously considering attendance, so I will be there.


If you haven't ever attended a law school web chat I think it will be pretty informative. I had attended a few Miami law chats and the LSU one went about as well as the Miami ones. I advise you trying to log on. I won't make it this time, look forward to seeing you guys on the 10th (or the 9th if you are going to the cocktail party), well be interesting to see if some of us can spot each other.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Exabot [Bot], fancyfluter22, jtawil, Lmorina126, notorious_mig, notsolawful and 22 guests