LSU 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
nick637

Re: LSU 2010

Postby nick637 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:30 pm

im falling in love with LSU

nick637

Postby nick637 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:38 pm

ChattTNdt wrote:Got my admission packet today!!! LSU is my first acceptance!!!

LSU is not a top choice for me, and due to being waitlisted at two of my top four choices I had already started thinking about retaking in June and applying as early as possible next year. Regardless, I am very tempted to check out the ASD on 4/10, especially since it doesn't look like I'll have the opportunity to go to any other ASDs this cycle.

Anyone know if there are scholarships left to be distributed? $$$ would make it hard to do anything other than head to Baton Rouge this fall, and I would think my #'s (in profile) are fairly competitive.

Did you paws account expand?

macatak911

Postby macatak911 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:38 pm

TIGER BEER!!!

Life is complete!

ChattTNdt

Postby ChattTNdt » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:43 pm

nick637 wrote:

LSU is not a top choice for me, and due to being waitlisted at two of my top four choices I had already started thinking about retaking in June and applying as early as possible next year. Regardless, I am very tempted to check out the ASD on 4/10, especially since it doesn't look like I'll have the opportunity to go to any other ASDs this cycle.

Anyone know if there are scholarships left to be distributed? $$$ would make it hard to do anything other than head to Baton Rouge this fall, and I would think my #'s (in profile) are fairly competitive.

I think it had been expanded for at least a week... I didn't check it often at all, but when I checked it last week it was expanded. I applied late and went complete exactly one month ago.

nick637

Postby nick637 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:44 pm

ChattTNdt wrote:
nick637 wrote:

I think it had been expanded for at least a week... I didn't check it often at all, but when I checked it last week it was expanded. I applied late and went complete exactly one month ago.

Thats not good news for me. Come on LSU!

rcharles

Postby rcharles » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:15 pm

deadpanic wrote:Not sure if this has been posted, but go to hell LSU. Lucky bastards.

LSU Chancellor Proposes On-Campus Brewery

http://www.slashfood.com/2010/03/25/lsu ... s-brewery/

Students at a southern university that perennially tops lists of party schools may soon have the opportunity to uphold their institution's reputation with 12 added ounces of collegiate pride.

The chancellor at Louisiana State University recently unveiled a proposal to build a microbrewery on campus. The facility would serve as a laboratory for food science students and a training center for aspiring brewmasters.

"At some schools around the country, they have mini breweries on campus," says president and CEO of the LSU Alumni Association, Charlie Roberts, pausing to clarify his pronunciation: "That's m-i-n-i breweries, not m-a-n-y," he adds helpfully.

According to Roberts, Chancellor Michael Martin believes a LSU-branded brew could contribute significantly to the school's marketing and generate revenue for its programs.

Planning's still in a preliminary stage, so nobody's quite sure yet what kind of beer might bear the LSU name. "I'm not even familiar with the different types, light and dark," Roberts admits, "but we joked and said we'd make a purple-and-gold beer."

The school is still grappling with legal and logistical hurdles, including how to make the beer available for sale on campus. But Roberts is sure tailgaters and other LSU fans set on celebrating game day in proper Fightin' Tiger style would somehow track down the signature student-made ale. "It would be a great conversation piece," he says.

Not surprisingly, students have been abuzz about the potential project since it was announced in the campus newspaper. "They expressed interest," Roberts says. "They expressed, 'Is it real?' and they expressed, 'Are [administrators] sincere?' Typical student reaction."

Just dropped both seat deposits, signed a lease and registered to vote in LA.

macatak911

Postby macatak911 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:25 pm

rcharles wrote:
deadpanic wrote:Not sure if this has been posted, but go to hell LSU. Lucky bastards.

Students at a southern university that perennially tops lists of party schools may soon have the opportunity to uphold their institution's reputation with 12 added ounces of collegiate pride.

The chancellor at Louisiana State University recently unveiled a proposal to build a microbrewery on campus. The facility would serve as a laboratory for food science students and a training center for aspiring brewmasters.

"At some schools around the country, they have mini breweries on campus," says president and CEO of the LSU Alumni Association, Charlie Roberts, pausing to clarify his pronunciation: "That's m-i-n-i breweries, not m-a-n-y," he adds helpfully.

According to Roberts, Chancellor Michael Martin believes a LSU-branded brew could contribute significantly to the school's marketing and generate revenue for its programs.

Planning's still in a preliminary stage, so nobody's quite sure yet what kind of beer might bear the LSU name. "I'm not even familiar with the different types, light and dark," Roberts admits, "but we joked and said we'd make a purple-and-gold beer."

The school is still grappling with legal and logistical hurdles, including how to make the beer available for sale on campus. But Roberts is sure tailgaters and other LSU fans set on celebrating game day in proper Fightin' Tiger style would somehow track down the signature student-made ale. "It would be a great conversation piece," he says.

Not surprisingly, students have been abuzz about the potential project since it was announced in the campus newspaper. "They expressed interest," Roberts says. "They expressed, 'Is it real?' and they expressed, 'Are [administrators] sincere?' Typical student reaction."

Awesome! Join the facebook group. Links in one of my previous posts.

darknightbegins

Postby darknightbegins » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:30 pm

Is this cocktail party with the Chancellor worth attending? I got an Email for it and I'm wondering if it is just a big dick sucking party for the law students to kiss the Chancellors ass. However, the chance to socialize (read:fuck) some female law school students is tempting.

macatak911

Postby macatak911 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:36 pm

darknightbegins wrote:Is this cocktail party with the Chancellor worth attending? I got an Email for it and I'm wondering if it is just a big dick sucking party for the law students to kiss the Chancellors ass. However, the chance to socialize (read:fuck) some female law school students is tempting.

Free alcohol = worth attending.

rcharles

Postby rcharles » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:37 pm

macatak911 wrote:
rcharles wrote:

Awesome! Join the facebook group. Links in one of my previous posts.

Not really lol but I will as soon as I do!

rcharles

Postby rcharles » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:39 pm

macatak911 wrote:
darknightbegins wrote:Is this cocktail party with the Chancellor worth attending? I got an Email for it and I'm wondering if it is just a big dick sucking party for the law students to kiss the Chancellors ass. However, the chance to socialize (read:fuck) some female law school students is tempting.

Yeah really. Is this the same Chancellor that endorsed the brewery idea...?

macatak911

Postby macatak911 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:45 pm

rcharles wrote:
macatak911 wrote:

Nah thats the whole school chancellor.

rcharles

Postby rcharles » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:47 pm

macatak911 wrote:
rcharles wrote:
macatak911 wrote:

Nah thats the whole school chancellor.

Close enough. I'll drink to that!

Publius39

Postby Publius39 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:19 am

nick637 wrote:im falling in love with LSU

I hope the pics helped. The only other campus that I really fell in love with that I visited was U of M, but I know they won't except me.

darknightbegins

Postby darknightbegins » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:46 am

Publius39 wrote:

I hope the pics helped. The only other campus that I really fell in love with that I visited was U of M, but I know they won't except me.

Are you talking University of Michigan or University of Miami?

ChattTNdt

Postby ChattTNdt » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:53 am

So I guess my acceptance was sent after the invites to the Chancellor's on the 9th, because I didn't get one...I'd like to make a weekend of the ASD and go to the Chancellor's thing Friday night, and since it shows up on the Admitted Students page on the LSU Law website, I assume it isn't by invitation only, so I guess I'll just ask when I RSVP for the ASD.

darknightbegins

Postby darknightbegins » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:55 am

ChattTNdt wrote:So I guess my acceptance was sent after the invites to the Chancellor's on the 9th, because I didn't get one...I'd like to make a weekend of the ASD and go to the Chancellor's thing Friday night, and since it shows up on the Admitted Students page on the LSU Law website, I assume it isn't by invitation only, so I guess I'll just ask when I RSVP for the ASD.

I'm sure you will get in. I doubt it is all that exclusive to certain students and not others. I wonder what kind of pad the big guy has.

Publius39

Postby Publius39 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:56 pm

darknightbegins wrote:
Publius39 wrote:

Michigan. My LSAT was too low.:(

darknightbegins

Postby darknightbegins » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:00 pm

Publius39 wrote:
darknightbegins wrote:
Publius39 wrote:

Michigan. My LSAT was too low.:(

Ok, I figured you were talking about Michigan. Man I wouldn't go to Michigan unless I was going for free. The climate alone would scare me off.

darknightbegins

Postby darknightbegins » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:03 am

What is appropriate dress for April 10th and for the cocktail party, if I go, afterward?

Herb Watchfell

Postby Herb Watchfell » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:04 am

darknightbegins wrote:What is appropriate dress for April 10th and for the cocktail party, if I go, afterward?

It depends. Ding-a-ling Y/N?

macatak911

Postby macatak911 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:21 am

darknightbegins wrote:What is appropriate dress for April 10th and for the cocktail party, if I go, afterward?

The reception in NOLA was "business to dressy casual."

darknightbegins

Postby darknightbegins » Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:32 am

Herb Watchfell wrote:

It depends. Ding-a-ling Y/N?

+1 Ding-a-ling

moe

Postby moe » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:03 am

seems like LSU is gonna be the school for me... can't turn down a full ride. but i'm beginning to have separation anxiety from my friends, family, and just the so cal in general already & i haven't even left yet *tear...

darknightbegins

Postby darknightbegins » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:23 am

Talk to mac, he/she is the go to LSU person round these parts.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”