LSU 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Publius39

Re: LSU 2010

Postby Publius39 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:19 pm

darknightbegins wrote:
Publius39 wrote:
macatak911 wrote:Mrs James might be the nicest lady I've ever met. Great info (especially
on the scholarhips!) Glad you liked it!

She was 100% truthful with everything. She also said that LSU tics are easy to get when you're a 2 or 3L too. I don't know very much about SEC football, but I've heard good things. That's one of reasons why I applied to LSU.

Its a hell of alot better than watching Michigan get beat by Appalachan State.

That was a very painful wound that you just re-opened...

darknightbegins

Postby darknightbegins » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:21 pm

Publius39 wrote:
darknightbegins wrote:
Publius39 wrote:
macatak911 wrote:Mrs James might be the nicest lady I've ever met. Great info (especially
on the scholarhips!) Glad you liked it!

She was 100% truthful with everything. She also said that LSU tics are easy to get when you're a 2 or 3L too. I don't know very much about SEC football, but I've heard good things. That's one of reasons why I applied to LSU.

Its a hell of alot better than watching Michigan get beat by Appalachan State.

That was a very painful wound that you just re-opened...

Sorry man, but considering that SEC football has been dominating college football for the last decade and you said you "didn't know much about SEC football" I had to get you with something.

macatak911

Postby macatak911 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:28 pm

Publius39 wrote:She was 100% truthful with everything. She also said that LSU tics are easy to get when you're a 2 or 3L too. I don't know very much about SEC football, but I've heard good things. That's one of reasons why I applied to LSU.

Yeah I think what they told me about tickets was they only have about 20-30 extra after factoring in the 2 and 3Ls so the 1Ls have a lottery. But you can get student tickets for face value on the Student Ticket Marketplace for basically any game besides Florida/Auburn.

darknightbegins wrote:Its a hell of alot better than watching Michigan get beat by Appalachan State.

BUUUUUUURN....Those Les Miles' clock management skills leave a lot to be desired though. Dude won a national championship though :)

Publius39

Postby Publius39 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:33 pm

macatak911 wrote:
Publius39 wrote:She was 100% truthful with everything. She also said that LSU tics are easy to get when you're a 2 or 3L too. I don't know very much about SEC football, but I've heard good things. That's one of reasons why I applied to LSU.

Yeah I think what they told me about tickets was they only have about 20-30 extra after factoring in the 2 and 3Ls so the 1Ls have a lottery. But you can get student tickets for face value on the Student Ticket Marketplace for basically any game besides Florida/Auburn.

darknightbegins wrote:Its a hell of alot better than watching Michigan get beat by Appalachan State.

BUUUUUUURN....Those Les Miles' clock management skills leave a lot to be desired though. Dude won a national championship though :)

Yeah, she did tell me about the lottery and everything. I'm pretty sure that we can twist some arms to get tickets because the tailgate area is right in front of the law center. And BTW, "the hat" is ten times better then having Rich Rod. Some of the students were worried about U of M stealing their coach too.;)

macatak911

Postby macatak911 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:44 pm

nick637 wrote:Man I wish lsu will hurry up with my app! Got my paws account around late Jan early feb. Anyone know how much longer I have to wait? 160/3.57 here if that helps

Did your Paws account expand? Log on go to Student Services and see if "Law Course Offerings" has appeared. If so, you're in.

ps I would absolutely love to see some pics of the campus. being from northern Indiana I will prob only visit once before I make a decision and the more I read about lsu the more I like it[/quote]

The LSU Law Catalog has some black and whites I have not seen elsewhere (as well as some good info):

http://www.law.lsu.edu/globals/sitelibr ... 092010.pdf

-------------

Publius39 wrote:Yeah, she did tell me about the lottery and everything. I'm pretty sure that we can twist some arms to get tickets because the tailgate area is right in front of the law center. And BTW, "the hat" is ten times better then having Rich Rod. Some of the students were worried about U of M stealing their coach too.;)

It's going to be tough coming to the realization that studying will have to be done at some point on the weekends. Was so used to doing absolutely nothing Friday - Sunday in UG but obviously that won't fly in Law School lol. No more away game road trips :( ...I completed my SEC stadium tour this past year at UGA by being on the field "assisting" by friend who worked for a media outlet. It's been a great few years, can't believe I actually completed it!

SAOJD10

Postby SAOJD10 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:18 pm

I'm treking to ASW from Florida and I have never been to Baton Rouge. What are some good hotels for the weekend? I am bringing some friends and would like to be close (somewhat) to some good bars etc......also dont want to go absolute broke any ideas?

macatak911

Postby macatak911 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:15 pm

SAOJD10 wrote:I'm treking to ASW from Florida and I have never been to Baton Rouge. What are some good hotels for the weekend? I am bringing some friends and would like to be close (somewhat) to some good bars etc......also dont want to go absolute broke any ideas?

There's the Lod Cook Hotel on the physical campus. Rates are like $130 a night I believe.

http://www.thecookhotel.com/

Withing walking distance to the Chimes --LinkRemoved--

Otherwise IMO your best bet is to find something on Perkins. They have a lot "non freshmen" bars on there including the Bulldog.

Theres the Marriott in that general area, also the Crowne Plaza, Comfort Inn. Heres the area I'm talking about including the Bulldog and surrounding hotels:

http://maps.google.com/maps?near=4385+Perkins+Road,+Baton+Rouge,+LA+70808-3032+(Bulldog+The)&geocode=CSPay8fqlV3jFZMh0AEdkTyR-iELXYsFvPZhmA&q=hotels&f=l&dq=the+bulldog&sll=30.41526,-91.132793&sspn=0.026277,0.055747&ie=UTF8&ll=30.420663,-91.141248&spn=0.012675,0.027874&z=16

mdickson

Postby mdickson » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:59 pm

Does anyone know when we'll be assigned into our sections and be given our class schedules?

nick637

Postby nick637 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:24 pm

macatak911 wrote:
nick637 wrote:Man I wish lsu will hurry up with my app! Got my paws account around late Jan early feb. Anyone know how much longer I have to wait? 160/3.57 here if that helps

Did your Paws account expand? Log on go to Student Services and see if "Law Course Offerings" has appeared. If so, you're in.

ps I would absolutely love to see some pics of the campus. being from northern Indiana I will prob only visit once before I make a decision and the more I read about lsu the more I like it

The LSU Law Catalog has some black and whites I have not seen elsewhere (as well as some good info):

http://www.law.lsu.edu/globals/sitelibr ... 092010.pdf

My PAWS account hasn't expanded yet. Do you all think I should contact admissions? I'm just wondering if anyone else who applied around the time I did has received a decision. Also, I did some backreading and saw that LSU is now sending decision letters along with scholarship information in the same package?

and from the catalog the law center looks beautiful!

Royal68

Postby Royal68 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:31 pm

waitlisted..... Give up??? what do yall think?? and what should i do to get off?

macatak911

Postby macatak911 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:26 pm

mdickson wrote:Does anyone know when we'll be assigned into our sections and be given our class schedules?

I think when I looked on the Class of 2012's Facebook page it was sometime in June.

nick637 wrote:My PAWS account hasn't expanded yet. Do you all think I should contact admissions? I'm just wondering if anyone else who applied around the time I did has received a decision. Also, I did some backreading and saw that LSU is now sending decision letters along with scholarship information in the same package?

and from the catalog the law center looks beautiful!

I guess it wouldn't hurt to call and check on the status. A lot of people who applied in February already got decisions according to Law School Numbers.

Re: Scholarships, I don't think that's the case. Scholarship letters have seemed to be on a hiatus as of late but the admissions people a few here have talked to have said they should be rolling soon (and hopefully all before April 15th)

Royal68 wrote:waitlisted..... Give up??? what do yall think?? and what should i do to get off?

If your spring grades (if u in UG) boost your GPA send in a new transcript to LSAC. You could also send a LOCI (Letter of Continued Interest) and express a desire to attend if accepted off the waitlist. This seems to be the most recommended this to do on these forums.

heyzeus

Postby heyzeus » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:29 pm

does anybody have any scholly news. I was acctepted about a month ago adn still haven't heard anything about $$$

macatak911

Postby macatak911 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:32 pm

heyzeus wrote:does anybody have any scholly news. I was acctepted about a month ago adn still haven't heard anything about $$$

Yeah I was accepted middle of February and still waiting. Don't think anybodys got scholly letters since then.

nick637

Postby nick637 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:37 pm

Macatak, thank you for your info!

LA Beserker

Postby LA Beserker » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:44 pm

macatak911 wrote:
heyzeus wrote:does anybody have any scholly news. I was acctepted about a month ago adn still haven't heard anything about $$$

Yeah I was accepted middle of February and still waiting. Don't think anybodys got scholly letters since then.

Hey macatak are you attending the loyola open house too?

kimmmPSU

Postby kimmmPSU » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:46 pm

Hello: To all my fellow waitlisted people, did you all receive FAFSA notifications from LSU and e-mails saying they are determing your eligibility?

macatak911

Postby macatak911 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:50 pm

LA Beserker wrote:
macatak911 wrote:

Hey macatak are you attending the loyola open house too?

Nah, didn't get a scholly so couldn't see myself there in a million years.

LA Beserker

Postby LA Beserker » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:59 pm

Nah, didn't get a scholly so couldn't see myself there in a million years.[/quote]

Thats cool j/w. Just got the email for the reception at the Chancellor's so attending both would be cutting it close.

Publius39

Postby Publius39 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:17 pm

I just got back from a visit this Monday and they said that the board is going to begin reviewing people and decisions should be mailed out in the next two weeks or so. They told me that if I haven't received a letter in a week, I should call admissions and tell them so they can push back the seat deposit due-date. I would suggest you do the same as well, it seems there are a lot of mixed messages out there.

Cof2013law

Postby Cof2013law » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:05 am

I got an acceptance packet a week and a half ago. LSU is probably my first choice now that I have been waitlisted at UF and still have not heard from FSU. I hope to see some of you on accepted student’s day on the 10th!

SAOJD10

Postby SAOJD10 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:55 am

just booked my hotel for the ASW on the 10th.........roadtripping to Baton Rouge then heading to New Orleans after ASW

carman1880

Postby carman1880 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:01 pm

Withdrew my application today. Hopefully the scholarship money will help someone else. Good Luck to everyone attending.

ChattTNdt

Postby ChattTNdt » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:21 pm

Got my admission packet today!!! LSU is my first acceptance!!!

LSU is not a top choice for me, and due to being waitlisted at two of my top four choices I had already started thinking about retaking in June and applying as early as possible next year. Regardless, I am very tempted to check out the ASD on 4/10, especially since it doesn't look like I'll have the opportunity to go to any other ASDs this cycle.

Anyone know if there are scholarships left to be distributed? $$$ would make it hard to do anything other than head to Baton Rouge this fall, and I would think my #'s (in profile) are fairly competitive.

macatak911

Postby macatak911 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:31 pm

ChattTNdt wrote:Got my admission packet today!!! LSU is my first acceptance!!!

LSU is not a top choice for me, and due to being waitlisted at two of my top four choices I had already started thinking about retaking in June and applying as early as possible next year. Regardless, I am very tempted to check out the ASD on 4/10, especially since it doesn't look like I'll have the opportunity to go to any other ASDs this cycle.

Anyone know if there are scholarships left to be distributed? $$$ would make it hard to do anything other than head to Baton Rouge this fall, and I would think my #'s (in profile) are fairly competitive.

Congrats. They said these next two weeks or so they'll be deciding again. Most should be out before April 15th.

deadpanic

Postby deadpanic » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:24 pm

Not sure if this has been posted, but go to hell LSU. Lucky bastards.

LSU Chancellor Proposes On-Campus Brewery

http://www.slashfood.com/2010/03/25/lsu ... s-brewery/

Students at a southern university that perennially tops lists of party schools may soon have the opportunity to uphold their institution's reputation with 12 added ounces of collegiate pride.

The chancellor at Louisiana State University recently unveiled a proposal to build a microbrewery on campus. The facility would serve as a laboratory for food science students and a training center for aspiring brewmasters.

"At some schools around the country, they have mini breweries on campus," says president and CEO of the LSU Alumni Association, Charlie Roberts, pausing to clarify his pronunciation: "That's m-i-n-i breweries, not m-a-n-y," he adds helpfully.

According to Roberts, Chancellor Michael Martin believes a LSU-branded brew could contribute significantly to the school's marketing and generate revenue for its programs.

Planning's still in a preliminary stage, so nobody's quite sure yet what kind of beer might bear the LSU name. "I'm not even familiar with the different types, light and dark," Roberts admits, "but we joked and said we'd make a purple-and-gold beer."

The school is still grappling with legal and logistical hurdles, including how to make the beer available for sale on campus. But Roberts is sure tailgaters and other LSU fans set on celebrating game day in proper Fightin' Tiger style would somehow track down the signature student-made ale. "It would be a great conversation piece," he says.

Not surprisingly, students have been abuzz about the potential project since it was announced in the campus newspaper. "They expressed interest," Roberts says. "They expressed, 'Is it real?' and they expressed, 'Are [administrators] sincere?' Typical student reaction."

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”