LSU 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jellopuddingpops

New

Re: LSU 2010

Post by jellopuddingpops » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:56 am

JessicaTiger wrote:So when is everyone moving to BR? I'm already here, but it would be fun to do a pre-orientation get together.

beginning of August. can't wait to quit my job of nearly four years.

LA Beserker

New

Post by LA Beserker » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:38 pm

Around aug 1st. Will def be down for a pre-orientation.

Cestjustemoi

Bronze

Post by Cestjustemoi » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:17 pm

My friend just unloaded all her first year text books on me. God I'm hoping at least one of them will be useful :-/ any idea when textbook lists come out?

Publius39

New

Post by Publius39 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:09 pm

Cestjustemoi wrote:My friend just unloaded all her first year text books on me. God I'm hoping at least one of them will be useful :-/ any idea when textbook lists come out?
They had this little yellow piece of paper that came with that packet that I displayed a couple weeks back. They said that the text book list would be out on the 1st of August on this site:

http://www.law.lsu.edu/index.cfm?geaux= ... ematerials

Just so that no one is out of the loop, they also say to check the bulletin board for assignments that our profs might post before the first day of classes here:

http://www.law.lsu.edu/index.cfm?geaux= ... letinboard.
JessicaTiger wrote:So when is everyone moving to BR? I'm already here, but it would be fun to do a pre-orientation get together.
I'm trying to get housing to work with me because they said that the earliest they can get me in is the 17th. :shock: Andy by "pre-orientation" I'm just going to assume that you mean waking up the next day with a helluva hangover. 8)

macatak911

Bronze

Post by macatak911 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:15 pm

SBA wanted me to pass this along:

We are going Tiki Tubing on Saturday, July 10th. Arrive at the law school by 1045 to catch the bus. The bus will be leaving at 11am from the law school, and it will return around 4pm. Bring your own drinks, ice chests, and food. The cost is $19 per tube. The bus is free.

If it rains, we are going bowling at All Star Lanes on Airline at 11:30. Still come to the school first for the official decision of bowling or tubing. We have lanes reserved. Bowling will be on SBA (free to you!).

Also, tell everyone to add LSU SBA to their friends.

Thank you! Hope you can come!

Friend them on Facebook

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:30 am

Publius39 wrote:
I'm trying to get housing to work with me because they said that the earliest they can get me in is the 17th. :shock: Andy by "pre-orientation" I'm just going to assume that you mean waking up the next day with a helluva hangover. 8)
Hey, hangovers are optional :wink:

jellopuddingpops

New

Post by jellopuddingpops » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:18 pm

JessicaTiger wrote:
Publius39 wrote:
Use of the world "helluva" is also optional

Publius39

New

Post by Publius39 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:39 pm

jellopuddingpops wrote:
JessicaTiger wrote:
Publius39 wrote:
Yeah, I should have used a better word, or spelled it out at the very least.

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:05 pm

Publius39 wrote:
jellopuddingpops wrote:
JessicaTiger wrote:
Publius39 wrote:

Yeah, I should have used a better word, or spelled it out at the very least.
Where are you trying to live that they are making you wait that long?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Publius39

New

Post by Publius39 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:27 pm

I'm going to Nicholson because I"m not from the area and I thought that campus housing would be a safe-bet for me and the wife for a semester or two. I got everything worked out now with the housing office so my move-in date is now August 6th.

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:27 pm

Publius39 wrote:I'm going to Nicholson because I"m not from the area and I thought that campus housing would be a safe-bet for me and the wife for a semester or two. I got everything worked out now with the housing office so my move-in date is now August 6th.
Oh, that's good. That's really funny that on-campus housing didn't want you to move in until after LS started. :lol:

Publius39

New

Post by Publius39 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:13 pm

JessicaTiger wrote:
Publius39 wrote:I'm going to Nicholson because I"m not from the area and I thought that campus housing would be a safe-bet for me and the wife for a semester or two. I got everything worked out now with the housing office so my move-in date is now August 6th.
Oh, that's good. That's really funny that on-campus housing didn't want you to move in until after LS started. :lol:
Yeah, after getting in contact with the housing department, I found out that their housing assignment schedule is more in line with the undergrad school year as opposed to graduate school. Oh well, I was just worried about getting all my stuff down there and hanging out for a couple days before we start the grind on the 16th.

Cemoore4

New

Post by Cemoore4 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:29 am

Just got back from a short 2-day to Baton Rouge. I wasn't able to make is to the Admitted Students Event so I went and took a tour of the law school. I was definitely impressed. The only negative thing I could say was that the library looks pretty aged. Other than that I thought everything was very nice. I also met a 2L and a 3L who were really nice. Talked for a while a got some advice. So, for all my fellow Section 2's, I hear we have some interesting professors and the 2L really only had one bad thing thing about one of the profs and that was simply that he will work our ass off. (reading, etc.)

Downside of the trip was that I struggled to find any decent housing within 10 miles. The area is very old and even the old apartments and small homes are very pricey. Slightly discouraging, but I will continue to look and hopefully snag something.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:00 am

Cemoore4 wrote:Just got back from a short 2-day to Baton Rouge. I wasn't able to make is to the Admitted Students Event so I went and took a tour of the law school. I was definitely impressed. The only negative thing I could say was that the library looks pretty aged. Other than that I thought everything was very nice. I also met a 2L and a 3L who were really nice. Talked for a while a got some advice. So, for all my fellow Section 2's, I hear we have some interesting professors and the 2L really only had one bad thing thing about one of the profs and that was simply that he will work our ass off. (reading, etc.)

Downside of the trip was that I struggled to find any decent housing within 10 miles. The area is very old and even the old apartments and small homes are very pricey. Slightly discouraging, but I will continue to look and hopefully snag something.
I'm going to be at One Lakeshore Place. It is a little tired, but the rent is good- check it out.

rcharles

Bronze

Post by rcharles » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:30 pm

Withdrew this morning with $$ and ate the $500 deposit. Good luck to all of you, especially those I met at ASW.

ChattTNdt

Bronze

Post by ChattTNdt » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:31 pm

rcharles wrote:Withdrew this morning with $$ and ate the $500 deposit. Good luck to all of you, especially those I met at ASW.
Did you get off a waitlist somewhere?

Publius39

New

Post by Publius39 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:32 pm

rcharles wrote:Withdrew this morning with $$ and ate the $500 deposit. Good luck to all of you, especially those I met at ASW.
Congrats and good luck to you as well.
Cemoore4 wrote:Just got back from a short 2-day to Baton Rouge. I wasn't able to make is to the Admitted Students Event so I went and took a tour of the law school. I was definitely impressed. The only negative thing I could say was that the library looks pretty aged. Other than that I thought everything was very nice. I also met a 2L and a 3L who were really nice. Talked for a while a got some advice. So, for all my fellow Section 2's, I hear we have some interesting professors and the 2L really only had one bad thing thing about one of the profs and that was simply that he will work our ass off. (reading, etc.)

Who was the prof? I'm kind of disappointed that we won't have any classes with Bockrath or Diamond. :? I love sarcasm.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rcharles

Bronze

Post by rcharles » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:50 pm

ChattTNdt wrote:
Yes Cumberland (Samford U in Birmingham) and they threw in full tuition. Cumberland places extremely well in Alabama so I jumped on it.

Cemoore4

New

Post by Cemoore4 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:40 pm

Publius39 wrote:
Congrats and good luck to you as well.

Who was the prof? I'm kind of disappointed that we won't have any classes with Bockrath or Diamond. :? I love sarcasm.
L'enfant, our Civ Pro I prof.

ChattTNdt

Bronze

Post by ChattTNdt » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:09 pm

rcharles wrote:
ChattTNdt wrote:
Yes Cumberland (Samford U in Birmingham) and they threw in full tuition. Cumberland places extremely well in Alabama so I jumped on it.

That's awesome, congrats.

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:21 pm

ChattTNdt wrote:
rcharles wrote:
ChattTNdt wrote:

That's awesome, congrats.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mdickson

New

Post by mdickson » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:27 pm

Got a mailing today. I'm in Baton Rouge so I figure it may be a few days until you all get it.

It's our assignments for orientation. We're to read and brief a couple of court cases.

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:59 am

mdickson wrote:Got a mailing today. I'm in Baton Rouge so I figure it may be a few days until you all get it.

It's our assignments for orientation. We're to read and brief a couple of court cases.
I'm in BR and haven't gotten it yet, so I guess I should expect mine on Tuesday or Wednesday.

JM3

New

Post by JM3 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:18 pm

JessicaTiger wrote:
mdickson wrote:Got a mailing today. I'm in Baton Rouge so I figure it may be a few days until you all get it.

I'm in BR and haven't gotten it yet, so I guess I should expect mine on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Me as well, hopefully it will come in today. Is anyone going tiki tubing this weekend?

BriaTharen

Silver

Post by BriaTharen » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:04 pm

JM3 wrote:
JessicaTiger wrote:

Me as well, hopefully it will come in today. Is anyone going tiki tubing this weekend?
Probably not- summer school sucks

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”