UNLV 2010 waiting room.....

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TaliaT

Re: UNLV 2010 waiting room.....

Postby TaliaT » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:03 am

historyholly wrote:Talia, if you really want UNLV, why not wait another year and retake the LSAT? It would also give you a year with the firm that just hired you.

Ive done this twice already. Im not waiting any longer. Im not old by any means, but im not getting any younger...

AsexualChocolate

Postby AsexualChocolate » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:36 am

TaliaT wrote:
historyholly wrote:Talia, if you really want UNLV, why not wait another year and retake the LSAT? It would also give you a year with the firm that just hired you.

Ive done this twice already. Im not waiting any longer. Im not old by any means, but im not getting any younger...

How many times have you taken the LSAT? How many prep courses have you taken? How much do you read and practice for speed and comprehension?

With the relationships you'll develop at that firm and your preference for Las Vegas, stickin' around and focusing more on test prep sounds like a pretty solid idea... Even if it is an old idea...

historyholly

Postby historyholly » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:15 pm

AsexualChocolate wrote:
TaliaT wrote:

How many times have you taken the LSAT? How many prep courses have you taken? How much do you read and practice for speed and comprehension?

With the relationships you'll develop at that firm and your preference for Las Vegas, stickin' around and focusing more on test prep sounds like a pretty solid idea... Even if it is an old idea...

I completely agree with this. If you want to come back and practice in Vegas, you will have a much harder time doing so if you go to Texas.

TaliaT

Postby TaliaT » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:04 pm

historyholly wrote:
AsexualChocolate wrote:
TaliaT wrote:

I completely agree with this. If you want to come back and practice in Vegas, you will have a much harder time doing so if you go to Texas.

Ive already left the firm after discussing my want to go to law school this fall. They fully supported my decision with no hard feelings or burnt bridges.

I have taken the LSAT twice, two prep courses and over 6 months of studying each time. I promise that the score i received...the same both times...is what i deal with at this point. I will succeed either way. Just means I move this year. Everything happens for a reason and I feel confident in my decisions at this point but appreciate the opinions.

PhantaManta

Postby PhantaManta » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:23 pm

Good luck TaliaT! You will do fine I am sure, sorry you won't be joining us after all.

TaliaT

Postby TaliaT » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:10 am

PhantaManta wrote:Good luck TaliaT! You will do fine I am sure, sorry you won't be joining us after all.

Im not giving up hope until August 9th. Until then...we keep on smiling babe

PhantaManta

Postby PhantaManta » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:08 am

Ooo. I wasn't reading closely. In that case GLGLGLGLGL.

lmarie81

Postby lmarie81 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:47 pm

It is actually my plan to retake the LSAT and try again next year. Did anyone have any experience on how to get a law school to sponsor their LSAT retake? I was stupid and canceled one not realizing that it counts towards my three total (now kicking myself). I know I can do better but not sure how to get someone to back me on this?

Thanks!!

AsexualChocolate

Postby AsexualChocolate » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:14 pm

TaliaT wrote:
PhantaManta wrote:Good luck TaliaT! You will do fine I am sure, sorry you won't be joining us after all.

I don't blame ya... I was to the point where I didn't care where I went just as long as it was somewhere... Just bust your ass and try to transfer (unless you really like it there). Until then, I'm pullin' for you at UNLV...

TaliaT

Postby TaliaT » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:54 pm

AsexualChocolate wrote:
TaliaT wrote:

I don't blame ya... I was to the point where I didn't care where I went just as long as it was somewhere... Just bust your ass and try to transfer (unless you really like it there). Until then, I'm pullin' for you at UNLV...

I really appreciate it!

I talked to Nathan. He said that the admissions committee is getting together on August 5th...guess well know after that!

SEATTLEITE188

Postby SEATTLEITE188 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:51 pm

Anybody hear anything? Did the committee meet on the 5th? It would be great to get a phone call next week! Not counting on it, though. HAHAHA

TaliaT

Postby TaliaT » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:49 am

SEATTLEITE188 wrote:Anybody hear anything? Did the committee meet on the 5th? It would be great to get a phone call next week! Not counting on it, though. HAHAHA

Shot off an email to Nathan on Friday and never heard back.

Heading to Texas on Monday...and heading back to Vegas if i miraculously get a call but not holding my breath.

Committee met...that was confirmed.

SEATTLEITE188

Postby SEATTLEITE188 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:56 am

Do you know why the committee was meeting? I wonder if they are even going to get to anybody from the waitlist.

johnabda

Postby johnabda » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:25 pm

Hey there - I have been lurking around this forum for a couple of months, as I was waitlisted and appreciated the insight.

I spoke with Neely today and he told me that the committee did meet on the 5th and ultimately decided that there were no available seats. On the off chance that someone pulls out between now and August 17th (first day of class) there may be one spot, etc...however he does not forsee that happening.

Just wanted to pass that along...

Best of luck to everyone (myself included) with their future law school endeavors.

lmarie81

Postby lmarie81 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:44 pm

Thanks John. It was expected but still sad to hear.

Best of luck to all those starting law school this year!!!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”