Quinnipiac Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
austinite13

New

Quinnipiac

Post by austinite13 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:10 pm

In with $28,000 a year scholly. 161 3.74

Chelios

Bronze

Re: Quinnipiac

Post by Chelios » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:11 pm

ddav87

New

Post by ddav87 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:22 pm

Ah same scholarship here. Did you apply for the dean's scholarship? I'm hoping to be a finalist for that. Although at first this was a safety this scholarship info makes this high up on my list.

austinite13

New

Post by austinite13 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:09 pm

Have you visited the campus? It looks gorgeous.

austinite13

New

Post by austinite13 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:16 am

I applied for the Dean's and Faculty Scholarship and hope to be one of the finalist as well. I would love to go for the interview and check out the school. This has definitely changed my thinking on Quinnipiac.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

84Sunbird2000

Silver

Post by 84Sunbird2000 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:24 am

Yeah, the campus looks amazing.

New

Post by 02092010 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:46 am

Accepted today. It's not at the top of my list, but the combination of there emails and there gorgeous campus tempted me to apply. Are there any real job prospects out of Quinnipiac? I wouldn't mind being at that campus all day.

BTW does anyone have any info/advice about asking them for a travel stipend to visit?

Dr. Review

Gold

Post by Dr. Review » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:28 am

In with $25k/yr

bcampbell

New

Post by bcampbell » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:08 am

You'll find Quinnipiac on the first page of this document:

http://www.law.com/img/nlj/charts/composite.pdf

Not too shabby. If you have your heart set on landing an NLJ250 right out of law school, it's highly improbable. But if that is not your only criterion of success (and I don't think it should be), then it does fairly well.

I am leaning towards going to a third-tier in the south with a free ride. I used to live in the northeast and Quinnipiac as a whole has a solid reputation. I think that always transfers to the law school to some extent.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

amorfati42

New

Post by amorfati42 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:09 pm

Was accepted with 12,000/yr... hoping to visit next month. Not sure how I feel about CT winters though.

jk9968a

New

Post by jk9968a » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:02 pm

Going to a student preview day tomorrow. Quinnipiac is an awesome campus, close to home for me and they offered a great amount of scholarship money. I'm excited to check it out tomorrow.

nyjfanjmk

New

Post by nyjfanjmk » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:22 am

For anyone who went to visit this weekend, what did you think? I hadn't really considered Quinnipiac seriously and was extremely impressed by the faculty, the facilities, and the students. I'm curious to hear what everyone else thought.

GobiasIndustries

Bronze

Post by GobiasIndustries » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:28 am

Quinnipiac isn't too far from my hometown in CT - I've been there a few times and the campus really is gorgeous. And honestly, the CT winters aren't any worse than anywhere else in New England, if you guys have experienced those. Quinnipiac is in southern CT, anyway, which isn't as bad as northern.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jk9968a

New

Post by jk9968a » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:39 am

nyjfanjmk wrote:For anyone who went to visit this weekend, what did you think? I hadn't really considered Quinnipiac seriously and was extremely impressed by the faculty, the facilities, and the students. I'm curious to hear what everyone else thought.

. The admissions and financial aid people who were at the event were very outgoing and helpful. I had every question answered. Profs and students in attendance were awesome too. All emphasized the point that Quinnipiac is a young school with a rising reputation. What really stood out to me though is that everyone, from students to profs, seemed genuinely excited to be there. I'm still deciding between this and other schools, and still waiting on one more school to get back to me, but Quinnipiac was always high on my list for a lot of reasons (grew up in CT and wouldn't mind working there), and this event only made even more attractive.

Dr. Review

Gold

Post by Dr. Review » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:11 am

jk9968a wrote:
nyjfanjmk wrote:For anyone who went to visit this weekend, what did you think? I hadn't really considered Quinnipiac seriously and was extremely impressed by the faculty, the facilities, and the students. I'm curious to hear what everyone else thought.

. The admissions and financial aid people who were at the event were very outgoing and helpful. I had every question answered. Profs and students in attendance were awesome too. All emphasized the point that Quinnipiac is a young school with a rising reputation. What really stood out to me though is that everyone, from students to profs, seemed genuinely excited to be there. I'm still deciding between this and other schools, and still waiting on one more school to get back to me, but Quinnipiac was always high on my list for a lot of reasons (grew up in CT and wouldn't mind working there), and this event only made even more attractive.
Does anyone have any numerical data to the effect that Quinnipiac has improved its rankings and/or reputation in the last 2-5 years?

jk9968a

New

Post by jk9968a » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:10 am

Bedsole wrote:
jk9968a wrote:

Does anyone have any numerical data to the effect that Quinnipiac has improved its rankings and/or reputation in the last 2-5 years?

I read they are ranked 103, which is a jump from 108.

nyjfanjmk

New

Post by nyjfanjmk » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:35 am

Beyond the ranking, Quinnipiac is really only one of two schools feeding the CT market (Yale doesn't really apply), and as someone who works in a legal capacity in Connecticut, I can say that the school does seem to place well here. From having attended the admitted students day, I got a good sense that Quinnipiac is really trying to improve its ranking, but it's tough to necessarily quantify that beyond the slight improvement last year.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”