Cardozo decision - please help!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
KayT9

Cardozo decision - please help!

Postby KayT9 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:47 pm

Hi everyone. I am new on the forum, although I've been reading it for a long time. I've applied to a number of schools for the fall, and today heard back from Cardozo (basically my top choice at the moment).

So Cardozo told me I have the option of being placed on a wait list for the fall, and/or being considered for the May pt program. My initial instinct was to tell them to both place me on the wait list and consider me for the program, but now I'm wondering this: if they take me for the May program, can I say no to that and remain on their wait list for the Fall? Because if I get an offer from Brooklyn Law (hopefully), I don't think I'm gonna want to be in the May program, but I would like to remain on the waitlist to see if they take me for Fall.

Does anyone know how this May pt/waitlist thing would work out? Also, can anyone tell me if there is anything I can do now, short of some new exciting internship/retaking the LSAT to boost my chances at the school?

Thanks!

BaiAilian2013

Re: Cardozo decision - please help!

Postby BaiAilian2013 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:52 pm

KayT9 wrote:if they take me for the May program, can I say no to that and remain on their wait list for the Fall?

This sounds like a question it would be okay to ask them.

KayT9

Postby KayT9 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:05 am

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
KayT9 wrote:if they take me for the May program, can I say no to that and remain on their wait list for the Fall?

This sounds like a question it would be okay to ask them.

I though of asking them, but wouldn't it basically come across as saying "your May program is my back-up"? Because the message I want to send is more along the lines of ACCEPT ME FOR SOMETHING PLEASE.

Of course, my implying that one of their programs is my back-up would make us even, but I'm not looking for justice at this point

forty-two

Postby forty-two » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:31 am

I though of asking them, but wouldn't it basically come across as saying "your May program is my back-up"? Because the message I want to send is more along the lines of ACCEPT ME FOR SOMETHING PLEASE.

Of course, my implying that one of their programs is my back-up would make us even, but I'm not looking for justice at this point[/quote]

I think it depends on how you ask them. I would suggest letting them know that you are a little unsure of to what to do because, while Cardozo is your first choice, it is important to you to start in the fall. If you ask your question in that context, I don't think it would come off like that. I would also ask where you are on the waitlist because that could help put things in better perspective. I hope that kind of helped...good luck!

deadatheist

Postby deadatheist » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:19 am

i've experience with this (accepted to both). you can search my posts if you want (can't recall exactly how much I talked about both exeriences, ooor pm me a reminder to write you back when i have some more time. gl!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”