Held for further review at UGA - waiting room

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
utswdukie80

Re: Held for further review at UGA - waiting room

Postby utswdukie80 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:53 pm

Just to add my two cents. I've also been held for further review (164, 3.2). I talked to an admissions lady last week and she told me we'll hear back on or before April 1st. When I asked about an LOCI, she said that would be perfectly fine and they would add it to my file, but was non-committal as to whether that would actually help.
Last edited by utswdukie80 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mytwocents

Postby mytwocents » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:58 pm

Is there any UGA student or past applicant with personal experience with this held/waitlist stuff? Like, what are our chances of getting in now that we've been held, when should we hear back, etc. I know there are UGA students on TLS, so someone has gotta know something!

Jesw

Postby Jesw » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:12 pm

Search for the old UGA waitlist threads on this website... Some people were waiting well into June/ beginning of July... They've got till April for me because I can't wait that long...

utswdukie80

Postby utswdukie80 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:36 am

I'm sure people that were waitlisted had to wait until June or later. As it was explained to me, this was different from an official waitlist, and the primary difference was we would receive a decision by April 1st.

jerzgrl630

Postby jerzgrl630 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:52 am

utswdukie80 wrote:I'm sure people that were waitlisted had to wait until June or later. As it was explained to me, this was different from an official waitlist, and the primary difference was we would receive a decision by April 1st.

What if the decision everyone receives on April 1st is a Waitlist. How infuriating would that be? :D

algren

Postby algren » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:55 am

jerzgrl630 wrote:
utswdukie80 wrote:I'm sure people that were waitlisted had to wait until June or later. As it was explained to me, this was different from an official waitlist, and the primary difference was we would receive a decision by April 1st.

What if the decision everyone receives on April 1st is a Waitlist. How infuriating would that be? :D

I'd put money on the fact that more than a few of us will end up in this very scenario.

utswdukie80

Postby utswdukie80 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:04 am

"What if the decision everyone receives on April 1st is a Waitlist. How infuriating would that be?"

Haha, I'm sure that will happen to some. Personally, as much as I want to go to UGA, I've been accepted elsewhere so I'll go there rather than wait it out.

Jrea1

Postby Jrea1 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:59 pm

I am "held for further review" with a 171/3.41. I thought UGA would be a auto admit, any thoughts?

algren

Postby algren » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:01 pm

Jrea1 wrote:I am "held for further review" with a 171/3.41. I thought UGA would be a auto admit, any thoughts?

Whoa. Weird.

insertclevernamehere

Postby insertclevernamehere » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:07 pm

While this is a little in the vein of, "more of the same" in the main UGA forum one poster contacted the Admissions office and they told that person that this is not a waitlist, as we suspected, and that we should hear by April 1.

Wish it was sooner but it is understandable...cheers to being patient!

edit: to reflect the fact that this has already been stated, haven't commented on this thread in over a month and didn't realize...cmon UGA, I <3 you!

utswdukie80

Postby utswdukie80 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:08 pm

Has anybody been admitted from the "held for further review" list yet? I realize we'll be lucky to hear anything before March 1st, but here's to hoping...

cLams

Postby cLams » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:14 pm

utswdukie80 wrote:Has anybody been admitted from the "held for further review" list yet? I realize we'll be lucky to hear anything before March 1st, but here's to hoping...

Nope! No news yet :(

ram jam

Postby ram jam » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:48 pm

I am "held" by Georgia, and I was notified that I was "held" by FSU today. Shocking! Anyway, if UGA's hold is anything like FSU's hold, FSU said that the hold is not the waitlist, and "held" applications will be reviewed again immediately after the application deadline. So, if you feel like you have been held but your scores should have got you in, you may have a good chance of being admitted on or around the app deadline. FWIW

Looks like schools may have 4 tiers of applications:

1. Auto-Admits, URMs
2. Held
3. Waitlist
4. Rejected

ppjd

Postby ppjd » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:29 pm

utswdukie80 wrote:Has anybody been admitted from the "held for further review" list yet? I realize we'll be lucky to hear anything before March 1st, but here's to hoping...

Nothing, but I did send a LOCI last week.

lawandorderfan

Postby lawandorderfan » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:03 am

I just got the bad news yesterday through status checker. I was being held for further review for about a month. I did send a LOCI a while back. I thought people would want to know that they do actaully re-review prior to the April 1 date. I was quite interested in GA but they are probaly going to ding all 163's unless you have a very high GPA. Check the numbers --it seems that they must be getting enough 164's and above to fill their needs. They admit 164 if you have a pulse. Good luck to all still waiting.

ram jam

Postby ram jam » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:10 am

lawandorderfan wrote:I just got the bad news yesterday through status checker. I was being held for further review for about a month. I did send a LOCI a while back. I thought people would want to know that they do actaully re-review prior to the April 1 date. I was quite interested in GA but they are probaly going to ding all 163's unless you have a very high GPA. Check the numbers --it seems that they must be getting enough 164's and above to fill their needs. They admit 164 if you have a pulse. Good luck to all still waiting.

I have a 164, and I have a pulse, and I am on hold as well.

mebeSajid

Postby mebeSajid » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:18 am

Jrea1 wrote:I am "held for further review" with a 171/3.41. I thought UGA would be a auto admit, any thoughts?

That's weird. I'm 3.34/170 - I applied on 1/8, had a decision by 1/19, and a scholarship on 1/25 ($12k total, but UGA is cheap).

ram jam

Postby ram jam » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:22 am

Maybe they know that you will not attend. Just a hunch.

Modian

Postby Modian » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:20 pm

ram jam wrote:
lawandorderfan wrote:I just got the bad news yesterday through status checker. I was being held for further review for about a month. I did send a LOCI a while back. I thought people would want to know that they do actaully re-review prior to the April 1 date. I was quite interested in GA but they are probaly going to ding all 163's unless you have a very high GPA. Check the numbers --it seems that they must be getting enough 164's and above to fill their needs. They admit 164 if you have a pulse. Good luck to all still waiting.

I too have a 164, and am on hold. Maybe I should check on the pul-HRRRNNNGGGGGG

insertclevernamehere

Postby insertclevernamehere » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:25 pm

ram jam wrote:lawandorderfan wrote:
I just got the bad news yesterday through status checker. I was being held for further review for about a month. I did send a LOCI a while back. I thought people would want to know that they do actaully re-review prior to the April 1 date. I was quite interested in GA but they are probaly going to ding all 163's unless you have a very high GPA. Check the numbers --it seems that they must be getting enough 164's and above to fill their needs. They admit 164 if you have a pulse. Good luck to all still waiting.

Shoot...I have a 162, guess I have no chance in heck.

And now I am going to go back to checking my Georgia status checker once a day, another fun stress to add to my ritual.

powerlurker

Postby powerlurker » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:41 pm

Forgive me because I'm not the most resourceful internet user... But I'm trying to snail mail a LOCI to UGA and I cannot find their mailing address for the life of me. Under 'contact us' on their site it has an address but street #/name are omitted. It's just listed as:

University of Georgia School of Law
Athens, GA 30602

Anybody have the full address?

Sorry for this inconvenience

powerlurker

Postby powerlurker » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:43 pm

powerlurker wrote:Forgive me because I'm not the most resourceful internet user... But I'm trying to snail mail a LOCI to UGA and I cannot find their mailing address for the life of me. Under 'contact us' on their site it has an address but street #/name are omitted. It's just listed as:

Athens, GA 30602

Hmm now I've found a couple conflicting sources, one says 120 Herty Drive the other 225 Herty Drive

Jesw

Postby Jesw » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:08 pm

powerlurker wrote:
powerlurker wrote:Forgive me because I'm not the most resourceful internet user... But I'm trying to snail mail a LOCI to UGA and I cannot find their mailing address for the life of me. Under 'contact us' on their site it has an address but street #/name are omitted. It's just listed as:

Athens, GA 30602

Hmm now I've found a couple conflicting sources, one says 120 Herty Drive the other 225 Herty Drive

I go to UGA now and that's the address... You don't need the street number and name, just the school of law Athens GA 30602

powerlurker

Postby powerlurker » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:19 pm

Jesw wrote:
powerlurker wrote:

Athens, GA 30602

I go to UGA now and that's the address... You don't need the street number and name, just the school of law Athens GA 30602

Thanks a ton, I still worry because I'm sending it from out of the country but I'll just throw it out there and hope it makes it

algren

Postby algren » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:43 pm

ram jam wrote:

Count me in this group.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”